Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Good Zyglak? Don't you mean dead Zyglak? :PLevacius will stand you solely for the fact he wouldn't view a runt Zyglak as a threat. Still, Elynirus wouldn't lift a finger to save you.-Toa Levaicus Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Quick question about the caches and this scavenger hunt:How will the characters in IC know when they have found a cache? Since they have no idea where to look, do we just say we find one in IC, or do we say where we are searching and if we're in the right spot then TPTI reveals the cache?

ppg2.png

Quick question about the caches and this scavenger hunt:How will the characters in IC know when they have found a cache? Since they have no idea where to look, do we just say we find one in IC, or do we say where we are searching and if we're in the right spot then TPTI reveals the cache?

The latter. Otherwise, TPtI wouldn't be able to say if there are any guardians-and if so, what-or really give its precise location (e.g. under a pool of lava).Speaking of which...

Malok continued to scan the area for any traces of metal. If there was any in a cache, he would find it. In his search, he also discerned the metal in the armour of tow beings following not far behind them.

I am really confused at this point-especially considering that Mt Ihu just posted that yesterday, after the whole discussion here. So I'd like to get Word of The GM into this for a definitive and concrete ruling.TPtI, may you deliver your verdict on such usages of elements to search for their sources without seeing them? Is it legal or not?-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I would say that you could use your elemental powers to detect your specific element, as it falls under the category of manipulation. But its going to be a fairly close-range thing, you can't use your senses over the whole island or some ridiculous distance like that.You also have to bear in mind that the Shepherds may have put defences to prevent such a thing on the caches. I've shown them putting psionic cocoons around them before, to prevent telekinetic action, its not unreasonable to guess they've got other anti-stealth tech

7AOYGDJ.jpg

My feelings exactly, TFL. :(Too bad I hadn't thought of that hiding-the-caches thing though. That will make an interesting twist.

Yeah. Of course, though, I'm guessing some powers will still work for detection...X-ray telescopic vision, anyone?-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

A question I have, raised by the response to Lev's proposed character...What is the upper limit on elemental usage/mastery? Like, obviously Nuva-powered elements are out from that(And for good reason), but it also raises the question on 'what's the actual limit'? Toa has to be the 'lower limit', unless you're a Matoran who somehow has very slight elemental powers... But is normal Toa-usage also the upper limit? The maximum of the power that your element can be?Again, it's simply a curious question I have, as there hasn't been any situations to cause that to be addressed before. =P

Editing out the level of mastery as directed; edited character has been proposed.I always thought of toa as being the most powerful users of their element, second only to Makuta and Toa Nuva, of which only six ever have existed (canonically now 5; 0 at the time of this RPG). Skakdi have elemental powers, but they can't use them as well, even when working together. But I dunno.Though if you can detect your own element, you can be sure that I'm going to be sensing your electric fields. <_<-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Toa is the upper-limit of power I'll accept really. Because Toa are pretty darn powerful. Just look at some of the stuff we've seen regular Toa do, like summon a storm powerful enough to drive off two Bohrok swarms at once, or freeze a Makuta (the Makuta no less) so thoroughly it almost kills him. They're packing some pretty serious firepower

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Yeah. I was thinking that'd be a suitable replacement for the beast inside of Gaara. If, of course, a lot less powerful. In this case, the sand elemental just amplifies Jontan's power, I guess. Which raises the question of why TPtI approved him aside from simple lack of knowledge of Naruto.Also, nice way of making sure I saw that post. XP

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

And a Zyglak would never work with non-Zyglak."Except for snacks..."

Or, say, if you and other Toa have continually swapped saving lives with each other, many times, and one Toa decided to more or less revive you. =P

Her powers have yet to expand over the realm of the dead. :PKopraga doesn't hate Zyglak like Elynirus (did), but he thinks of them truly as animals. Stupid. Uncivilized. Smelly.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Lev: They're pretty darn close, then. =P Granted, Zyrata wasn't totally dead yet, but he was still dying. =PThat's true. Probably what the majority of neutral people think about the Zyglak. =P Zyrata's certainly now an exception to typical Zyglak, given that he now has respect for some Toa, especially Elynirus(Go figure. xD).

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

Meh. As long as your hearlight is still glowing.If I had power over the dead, we could resurrect Suicavel and kill him again. :PKopraga doesn't much care for Saint. He doesn't seem like an educated one, he seems like a crazy one."Why the heck are you talking with thees and thous?""Thineself is smart.""You're insane, aren't you?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Not without a mask he wouldn't. :PNow everyone on the island will want kill Rynekk for kill stealing.Rewatched Big Trouble in Little China while BZPing. Funny movie.Tempted to theme three characters off of the storms... so tempted.Back on topic.No, they probably don't. They don't have hearts either. Just black holes.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Meh. As long as your hearlight is still glowing.If I had power over the dead, we could resurrect Suicavel and kill him again. :PKopraga doesn't much care for Saint. He doesn't seem like an educated one, he seems like a crazy one."Why the heck are you talking with thees and thous?""Myself art intelligent.""You're insane, aren't you?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"It is quite possible. Insane for my Great Being, Xy'Rithar."XD

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Yeah, more than likely. =P It's unfortunate that no posts are made due to school, but there's nothing that can be done. =PAlso, due to timezones, people might be at school still even an hour from now or so. =P