Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Okay then. ... I think I'll think about that in the morning, no sense confusing myself further. xD(No offense, I'm just not fully certain how a scabbard and a shield can co-exist along with it having a handle. Might be just me being used to Zelda-styled shields, I'm not sure. =P)Zealokan: If you can get through Haven Cove and Shadowtangle alive(Assuming we don't head there for some reason), the Wolves of Liberty wouldn't mind having more members added. =P

Well I am contented with the equipment gained and ready to unleash some serious butt kicking. Commence chewing of all the bubble gum. Where we're going, we don't need any bubblegum. This isn't Metru-Nui anymore.How many movie references can I make?I edited my Roster of Service profile for Levacius, but not the others.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

If I have anything to say about it, he's gonna end up with someone's sword through his chest.

I was gonna say 'If I have anything to say about it, he's gonna end up hacked to pieces by a macuahuitl/peppered with senbon'...But then I realized that would be hogging all the good fights to myself-I'm already revving up for Jontan V. Grotir and Rastaque V. Stokunde, yeah.xPI don't even know if Grotir or Stokunde could win against Suicavel, anyways. The Avsa is pretty scary in conjunction with that ability to teleport.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

The Master Sword Protosteel Longsword should be the thing to kill Suicavel... Even if Kairan isn't wielding it for some reason.It'd just be fitting, IMO. xDTechnically even more fitting if it came down to Nostala killing Suicavel, as it'd essentially be going full circle, as they fought Suicavel when their journey first started. =P

I don't know how Suicavel dies yet; just what happens before he dies. I won't have one of my characters kill him though, somebody else will have that honor.However, one of you does know what happens that lets you kill him.@ Myr; Myr is crafting armor and weapons for a group that plans to fight their way off of the island. At least six people are going down. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Arillans not approaching the wolves.He's approaching a metal fortification covered in spikes. :PUnlike Suicavel, Arillan has common sense. He's much smarter. He's lawful evil instead of chaotic evil.My next character - more powerful (potentially), more evil.Looking over Suicavel, he's one of the few characters with a weakness (sunlight). I added that because of how powerful the Avsa was, I wanted a balanced character. Of course, the Avsa ended up proving less dangerous (albeit still very powerful) and other characters have had the power just because.Myr is crafting equipment for the Wolves. The six who are going down are Patronage. (Fearless Leader just posted that as I was writing this post)Which I have a debate within - Arillan would never side with the Wolves, at least, not without being shown that its easily the better decision (he doesn't like the island either), but he hates three of the other members of his team and doesn't particularly like the other two. The only reason he would protect them is to ensure he kills them. Don't know yet what I'll have to do....In a final battle, he'd side with Patronage. Will be sad to kill my first character.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Iron is not detailed as giving the ability to detect metal, thus Darkon has no valid way to have detected him.

I'm going to respond to this. Not because I changed my name to 'Lord Darkon', but because I'm a big proponent of the notion that control over elements gives said controllers the ability to detect sources of said elements.I see your logic, Levacius. However, although there is not anything directly stating that Iron users can detect metal, there is a reason to believe so. To quote the Bionicle Wiki's article on the Fire element and what it can do (as BS01 is undergoing repairs):

• [*]Detecting energy sources, as energy gives off heat.

Again, this is from the Fire article. I'm not quoting the Iron one because you're correct there: It is never directly stated that Iron users can sense metal.However, this quote shows that Fire users can detect energy. Why? Solely because of the heat given off by them.Now I know there are some things exclusive to certain elements-and yes, detecting energy sources with Fire is one of them. But do you see the larger implications?Controllers of an element CAN detect sources of said element with that alone-no sensory details required. Without that, Fire users definitely couldn't detect energy sources.Once more, this is just the Fire article. And maybe I'm stretching things from it for my own nefarious purposes here. But at the very least, I feel that what Darkon's char was doing was a plausible use of their element-even assuming their reasoning behind using it wasn't quite so plausible.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

I'm going to respond to the above; not because I'm suddenly Levacius, but, because I detected a flaw in that.It wasn't Tenu who reacted to Arillan; it was Darkon. Therefore, even if Tenu did happen to sense it somehow, unless Darkon miraculously got the ability to read minds after Hexxon shredded Darkon's mind, then Darkon either left something out, or something's wrong there.But Tenu's reaction, based off that, isn't as bad now. It's just the weirdness of 'Toa' Darkon's response. =P

According to your logic of detecting, a lightning user could validly detect anything because of the existence of an electromagnetic field. Same for gravity, and metal - assuming Krana and Zyglak have bloodstreams with iron in them. Which seems incredibly unfair, and if it existed, why has it not been used in the story by users of such powers?Air and fire are two elements that would allow detection; shadow, assuming you can note where in a field of shadow a being is. Under your logic, any being with a shadow could be detected.In which case, Makuta would have had a much easier time on the Great Barrier. Sure, you might say he really didn't care, but he did. He planned on the possibility of losing; he didn't actively plan to lose that battle - his own thoughts.And in any case, it would seem logical you would need to actively be searching. It's not the sixth sense, it's an ability. Active, not passive.So while Tenu could do so, he wouldn't have a reason to - he was listening to Darkon anyways.Also, addressing the thing about vacuums earlier. Anybody who owns Time Trap, look up the fight between Voporak & The Shadowed One against Makuta. Took less than a minute to bring down Voporak.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Hold up. I never stated it was plausible the way he used that; merely that it and of itself was plausible. I did not state that his chars' sudden searching for sources of their elements was probable.And yes, by my logic, that does work for all that stuff you mentioned. I merely don't consider it unfair-probably because it works for all said stuff, yeah? And let's not forget about the fact that a lot of people get by on the ground and others by swimming :rolleyes:Let me reiterate what I originally said: It's not plausible to detect metal with Iron normally; but it's most definitely plausible to do that if you're highly skilled and experienced in using said element. About Teridax-at that point, one can't argue Bionicle was fully developed. Heck, Iron didn't even exist for Metru Nui. So I really am loathe to count it as Word of God that Teridax couldn't have done that. As for Teridax himself: Again, I'm only stating it's plausible. But if you're a makuta, why bother spending enough time and energy getting that skilled with your element when you have 42 other powers and shapeshifting as well? They lived for thousands of years, true, but with that many powers, I'd presume the average makuta would be less skilled (if no less powerful) at using their element than a toa.On the ability being active as opposed to passive-I really feel that falls under the skill level again. If someone (say, my char Naara in another RPG, who practically IS her element due to extensive training and meditation) is really that experienced and skilled, maybe it is passive for them. Otherwise it would almost definitely be active, as most people who even got to that level wouldn't be that skilled.Bottom line is: IMHO, it's possible. It's not necessarily likely.EDIT: You know, this'll just clog up discussion. If you want to continue, take it to PM.-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Considering they're referred to as the "Masters of Shadow", and Makuta himself the most powerful of all, I would say that any of them is three to four times more elementally skilled and powerful than a toa.He's a lot smarter than me - save not killing Mata-Nui the first chance he had, in that regard, he was a fool and deserved the fools death he made for himself - and I know for a fact I would make certain all of my powers were as great as they could be.Detecting your own element is not something I believe possible for all elements. Fire, yes.Perhaps if Arillan had rushed up like a novice and made an obvious disruption in the "iron in the area" or whatever, I would give it over. But he slowly moved in, and never made physical contact with the fortress walls, making it seem unusual.I just have trouble with the belief that in every story where detecting their element could have saved their lives if they had tried that it wasn't something that could have been done.[And considering that word of god is that Greg pretty much fleshed out everything about Makuta as we know him today in Time Trap, I will just close off by saying that's probably the best book to use for his powers. It's really the most interaction with Makuta in his own body we get.]-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I beg to differ. They never show anything really more powerful than what a toa has done with element alone-shadow hands are made, yes, but just look at novas and the hands in-story of toa's elements. The makuta are called 'masters of Shadow', but that is probably more of a dual-ref to their status as lords and ludicrously powerful guys who happen to use Shadow, an element unique to them as far as the matoran know.Just because you're trying to make all powers as great as they could be doesn't mean they can ever be that great. Makuta are bound to resort to some powers more often than others depending on circumstances, personality, etc. And because of that some of their 44 powers will indubitably end up getting the short end of the stick when it comes to certain things.As for the disturbing-I already covered that I'm not defending the way Darkon used that ability.On people not using it to save their lives: As we agreed, think active as opposed to passive. And that really is thinking outside of the box for most chars-most of the toa early on would've been using them for a lot more obvious things (especially the guys like Tahu and Pohatu).Also take into regard how difficult it would be to confine such sensing. Recieving info on every single bit of air around you for a quarter mile or so even for a second is bound to take some strain on one's mental facilities. Therefore, people might have tried and dismissed it as too dangerous in many cases.-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Only the Shadow Hand wasn't as much of a shadow power as Shadow itself. Chirox was able to manipulate the shadow hand because killing the Toa Nuva in comic 1 would be a down because he focused on that power. He was a scientist and needed an extra limb, so he worked with that ability. Makuta was obviously based on the story an enforcer; he quelled the League and the Matoran Civil War for that reason.Not to mention that he was disagreeing with something he ate. That fight, by his own account, was him at the peak of physical strength, but at the lowest amount of control. I have no story proof of it, but personally, I think that was the only reason he wasn't able to manipulate his arm (has that ever been directly asked to Greg?).I will concur that yes, every member of the Brotherhood likely had their minimized powers. But considering shadow is a combat power, and the nature of the being we're talking about, I would say that any combat powers would be well practiced.But enough debate on how powerful Makuta was.I don't see any story proof of that being a power of the elements. As such, we cannot just say that its possible. It's a presumed idea that we have no proof of and is completely speculative.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

So yeah. Tomorrow is Saturday. So I'll actually be able to do something (yay).Also, TPtI, you'd be surprised how many posts you can garner from RPing. I'd say two-thirds to three-fourths of mine are in this forum alone, and you've been here a lot longer than I have. =PAlso, I'm currently the 55th top poster. Because I'm that awesome.

Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*