Island Monitoring Service

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I used to be really active on the Comedy forum, but now I rarely go there and spend most of my time on this forum. I used to have six or seven authors I really liked; now there's only three or four good authors. And Artwork 3 (is it still called that?) is evil.So I'm here. Yay for you.Put in over half of my posts on this forum. One time, on Elementum-Nui, about ten people were all on at once, and... I swear, if they had the thing now on the old forum it would have been.Posting... posting...8 Posts have been added.O_oBackspace, cut, edit, redo5 Posts have been added.And then everyone stopped posting until the very end again. My fault for trying to make the RPG GM dependent the first time.Lord knows that doesn't work.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

To Myr;This RPG is moving at a fast pace. Look at Cradle of Civilization and Day Run.We're not going to every be as fast as BZPRPG because it has more players, and thus, more players in the same Time Zone and on at the same time.Personally, this is working to my liking. Could be a bit faster, but trust me. When the next contest ends, it goes crazy.You haven't been on long enough (I think) to know, but the first days after an RPG wins?You will be thankful for the "X posts have been added" function.Story progression means us doing something. We're just procrastinating because it's an RPG - we're not supposed to be constantly fighting. We're getting the group used to each other, making friends, getting rest.Your character feels he has to work, for some reason, instead of sleep. You need some downtime every once in a while.This is finals week for me. Since I'm completely confident in my abilities, I did absolutely no studying and still placed top in most of my tests (save Spanish; but my suck test grade wasn't too much of an impact, as her test was worth nothing. A 90.7% is still an A-)Not to brag.Back to that; I've been active, and thus been slightly bored with the downtime that everyone else seems to be going through.Not to mention that a lot of people will be on vacation for Christmas break.From 7th graders to college students. :PLong post is long, so I'll cut it off now. Just let your character relax for once and close off the BZP RPG tab. Listen to music. Read a book....Leave the tab open; refresh every 10 minutes. -Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

No.You just.Use the.Enter keyToo little.:PSeriously, when you do your posts for Myr, use the enter key. It's a pain to go through and read a concrete wall of text. Make it a brick wall of text so it's easier. This is, of course, directed to your MacGeyver projects.If you're out of books, use webcomics. There's a virtually infinite number of them, no matter your taste. And if you can hit a Borders, there's always another good book to read as I've found out.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Any evildoing. So basically, to him, every toa, matoran, or otherwise is a sinner for casting the zyglak from society. He'd be very biased towards his own race, feeling them to be victims.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

No.You just.Use the.Enter keyToo little.:PSeriously, when you do your posts for Myr, use the enter key. It's a pain to go through and read a concrete wall of text. Make it a brick wall of text so it's easier. This is, of course, directed to your MacGeyver projects.If you're out of books, use webcomics. There's a virtually infinite number of them, no matter your taste. And if you can hit a Borders, there's always another good book to read as I've found out.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Borders is dead. They went into Bankruptcy awhile ago. :/

No.You just.Use the.Enter keyToo little. :PSeriously, when you do your posts for Myr, use the enter key. It's a pain to go through and read a concrete wall of text. Make it a brick wall of text so it's easier. This is, of course, directed to your MacGeyver projects.If you're out of books, use webcomics. There's a virtually infinite number of them, no matter your taste. And if you can hit a Borders, there's always another good book to read as I've found out.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Borders is dead. They went into Bankruptcy awhile ago. :/
Actually, I'm pretty sure only about half their stores closed. But yeah, how is this on topic?

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Sorry for not posting much lately; been busy and tired. But I'm on winter break now, so... yeah. ^_^

A note to anyone who has yet to add a weapon request to the wall:Add a weapon request on the wall.

Nostala doesn't need a new weapon, so no. I'm not gong to. :PAlso, not to revive a dead issue, but the conversation last page about power usage brought a note to mind.

Only the Shadow Hand wasn't as much of a shadow power as Shadow itself. Chirox was able to manipulate the shadow hand because killing the Toa Nuva in comic 1 would be a down because he focused on that power. He was a scientist and needed an extra limb, so he worked with that ability. Makuta was obviously based on the story an enforcer; he quelled the League and the Matoran Civil War for that reason.Not to mention that he was disagreeing with something he ate. That fight, by his own account, was him at the peak of physical strength, but at the lowest amount of control. I have no story proof of it, but personally, I think that was the only reason he wasn't able to manipulate his arm (has that ever been directly asked to Greg?).I will concur that yes, every member of the Brotherhood likely had their minimized powers. But considering shadow is a combat power, and the nature of the being we're talking about, I would say that any combat powers would be well practiced.But enough debate on how powerful Makuta was.I don't see any story proof of that being a power of the elements. As such, we cannot just say that its possible. It's a presumed idea that we have no proof of and is completely speculative.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

If we're going off of canon, then Suicavel technically doesn't have the ability to shadow teleport. As far as BIONICLE canon has shown -- and there has been nothing to contradict this -- the only use of travel via shadow that either a Toa of Shadow or a Makuta can do is enlarging shadows to pass through them -- for a canon example, enlarging cracks in a wall to get through it, as happened in Dark Mirror. Complete shadow teleportation -- moving into random shadows and simply appearing in a completely new spot -- is, as far as canon currently shows, exclusive to the Dark Hunter called Shadow Stealer.Unless the experiments performed on Suicavel had the specific side effect of giving him that ability. Somehow. Though that's not mentioned in his profile.So.... yeah. Something to consider... :3 Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

The Bionicle Wikia sides with Par. The following is its list of what Shadow can do:

• [*]Creating shadows.[*]Controlling shadows.[*]Absorbing shadows.[*]Using shadows to teleport.
(Exclusive to Shadow Stealer)[*]Creating a Shadow Hand (Exclusive to Makuta)[*]Unleashing a Shadow Nova Blast. (Exclusive to Toa)

Jes' sayin'.On another and probably more relevant note: What is the current limit on the number of characters one can have? I looked in all three topics and didn't find any...I might not have looked hard enough, though.I ask because I have four chars and wish to make a fifth. This (probably last) one would be a Lesterin with a personality a bit like Hau (GoMN version).EDIT: Nvmd, found answer on RPing topic. Expect 'im up soon ^_^EDIT 2: Fixed link. Sorry for the inconvenience.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Originally BS01 had stated both absorbing shadows for physical energy and teleportation through them as Shadow Stealer exclusives. At some point before the shutdown, as you can observe in Cache, the tag was removed. I didn't know about that before I created him. However, it seems fair when you look at light, which has all sorts of powers that it can use.Unless you were allowed to cause somebodies shadow to squeeze them to death, but instantly killing another player isn't (fair) either.

Actually, I'm pretty sure only about half their stores closed. But yeah, how is this on topic?

If got hit off the topic by a sandstorm. It's sad to see Borders closing, but now is the best time to buy books there - they have all sorts of discounts, since they're trying to sell as much as they can before completely closing down.@ ToDD; Kanohi dampening armor and elemental immunity? On a creature that's stronger and faster than a toa to begin with? :-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

@ ToDD; Kanohi dampening armor and elemental immunity? On a creature that's stronger and faster than a toa to begin with? :-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Also has no elemental or Kanohi power of his own.

Truth, but a Zyglak is more powerful than a toa physically. But I do not care, for once Suicavel dies, I shall rock the pillars of heaven with something just as potent. Thus, you keep your powers. We shall see where they get you.No more restricting myself to nightlight fighting. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If Felix doesn't eat whoever. Or Jontan crush him. Or Saint stab him, tear him to shreds, immolate him in a bonfire, and bury his ashes. =P

Edited by Toa of Dancing

Oh no. I've been writing up characters for the new RPGs, and when I started writing this one up, I said, "Okay, Suicavel, now you know that you're going to die." But I will spoil you no more. If the Avsa instantly drained you to death, he'd be Suicavels second. But as it takes half an hour to drain a matoran, well...Not really.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

ToD, when I saw Saint, I was liek:" :devil:@idea of him vs. Isjir"but then I went:" :huh:...Aren't Stokunde and Grotir already gonna fight your chars at some point?"so now I'm all:" :dontgetit:"-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Epicly fails? Oh, no, it will be a much more dangerous attack. However, his mind is starting to degrade, so it will be a full frontal instead of stealthy attack. Unlike the next character. Somebody who can (gasp!) be roleplayed. And who (gasp!) plans their attacks and watches enemies. And who (gasp!) doesn't let his enemies escape.Honestly, I let a bunch of characters fighting Suicavel escape, but really, he would have just hounded Zyrata until the Zyglak was dead. Me being nice with a Chaotic Evil character. Lawful and Neutral are so much better.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

You better hope Zyrata is running away before night fall. :PAt least (in-game) Suicavel has the element of surprise - nobody, save I think Kono or another Kazi character, has fought him outside the Shadowtangle, making his attack a surprise.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Hm...Was kinda thinking about sending Isjir the WoL's way solely because of that venom.But ya know, I'm a bit more innerested in what you, Parugi, will do with it. So I think he'll just stick to walking through the forest classifying species of rahi =P-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Lev: xD We'd honestly be doomed if that happened. xD Though, there's more than one way to dispose of a mask fused to a face... *Kills owner* *Sets corpse on fire* =) No more mask! =D/EDIT: Also, as for Zyrata, I'm likely not gonna have a chance now. We can only hope that Zyrata's there when Suicavel arrives, and that's the first sign of attack. =P

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

It's not like the Avsa can even be used if it gets fused to Suicavel's face; it'd be virtually the same thing as destroying it. :PAt any rate, the element nullifying effects of the venom would do wonders in a fight against Suicy. And I have an idea of how to administer it involuntarily... :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Parugi: Oh yeah? Even factoring in the fact that he teleports every two seconds? =PLemme destroy the mask first though, that might be fun, to see his agony for a moment before he has even more agony. =P

Two seconds is a bit of an overestimation. More like every ten. :PUnless something absolutely unpredictable happens, he will not have his mask, fused or otherwise, attached to his body. Kairan has that permission, once the time comes.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Blade, you be missing my point. Hordika can't use elemental or mask powers, except for through their Rhotuka in the former case. So Suicavel wouldn't be able to teleport or use the Avsa or any other Kanohi he might have on hand.Basically, if it gets fused to Suicavel's face and Kairan destroys it, it's going to destroy Suicy's face and kill him. :PRegardless....

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Lev: True. Doubtful, though; I always thought it was implied that the Hordika Dragons were created from not-Toa, as Savage and the Toa Metru all had virtually the same mutations -- albeit more so with Savage due to his giving in to his inner beast. Either way, it's worth a try, and the transformation would disable Suicavel long enough for someone to finish him off. :PBlade: Aaah. Simple: Grapple check. :POr sneak attack. I can imagine Suicavel knocking Nostala away, getting distracted by the others, and Nostala coming in from behind and injecting him with the HV. Kind of like Beast and Magneto in X3.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png