To Save The World!

OOC: This may be the most mundane thing to ever happen in this RPG... And yet I'm completely entralled... O.OIC: Negafire blinked at Zaparas's outburst, slightly confused. "I said he used to work for the ISNN... And I never said he left on bad terms either..." He muttered, trying to figure out what the problem with his statement was.IC: Plasmafire winced as his flaming form was tossed about by the winds. This was not going to work out, Skyras winds weretoo strong. He extinguished the flames around his body, returning to solid form. Now those winds weren't as bad, as long as he could stay upright. He turned most of his attention back to Sakema, while still trying to keep an eye on things happening around him. He fired off a beam of plasma at the phsycic, something the hopefully would't be affected by water as much... Although he'd never tested that theory, admittedly...IC: Magneta walked along the long hallway of the ICW, looking for their guy. After a moment of searching, she found the room she was looking for. She knocked on the closed door, not eager to walk into something unless she was invited in...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Wow, perhaps we should tone down the card game before somebody has a stroke.IC(Mr. No-One): Taking the three nines and setting two of the three aside (three cards in a pair would be pretty stupid), the spy inspected his hand once more. No net loss of cards, really."Right then. You wouldn't happen to be in possession of, perhaps, a Queen?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Okay...you guys are all nuts. :PIC: SkyraSkyra laughed, then handed him his queen of hearts. Despite the game that was going on, Skyra had quite a bit on his mind, first there was Mystic and Ultionis, they had no clue if they had succeed or not in recapturing Aquarius or not, and then of course there was Crystal, he hadn't seen her in his dreams, though maybe having a concussion had something to do with that, who knew? "Ugh, I'm trying to keep my mind off it, but I'm still wondering what the heck is going on, if they'd recaptured Aquarius, they'd have told of us already, right?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OCC: THIS! This is epic. Bedridden Superheroes playing Go Fish, all withing a text based RPG. :superfunny:

OOC: Indeed. I am on the edge of my seat.

OOC: This may be the most mundane thing to ever happen in this RPG... And yet I'm completely entralled... O.O

OOC: ...9aymz.jpg...You are all weirdos. :mellow:IC:Sakeme threw up a psychic barrier, a shimmering wall of purple light that halted the flow of plasma a few feet from his face. It dribbled onto the ground as it bounced off his shield, warping and melting the floor where it landed. Sakeme took a few steps back, prefering to avoid a confontation with Plasmafire. What point was there, when he had so many pawns at his disposal? Skyra lunged forwards, calling the winds to rise upwards and fling Plasmafire back. At the same time miniature tornados formed in his palms, twisting and snapping like whips after Plasmafire.---Tornado did indeed change the direction of the winds around Gap, driving them downwards to pull her to the floor. Then, suddenly, they came rocketing up, threatening to slam her into the ceiling. Then from one side to another, and again and again in increasingly random patterns. Tornado was determined to shake Gap loose, and this time he was taking steps to prevent her from using his winds to her advantage. The air currents changed drastically in seconds, their sudden shifts making it harder to predict the safest way to cling to the painting, and each one aimed with all their force to tear Gap loose from the wall...[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: Oh, don't pretend you're not interested in who wins! :PIC: Plasmafire was picked off his feet by the winds and thrown onto a tent, collapsing it. He struggled out of the wreakage, which was now on fire thanks to his hair, and tossed several fireballs and plasma bolts at Skyra. He really didn't want to hurt the guy, but this was a ridiculous situation, and that was a very unwanted distraction.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

OOC: Exactly... Bets? Anyone? *pulls out a little table and waits*IC: With the Floor Plan Memorized, it wasn't hard to find the office where the Emerald was Kept. The only problem was... Well...To put it bluntly, there were several guards right outside. Even with the Blackout, they remained at their post.I had to admit, their Composure was impressive.As I peeked around the corner at the guards, I calculated my odds of success. Judging by how there was Five Guards, each of them Heavily Armed with everything from Stunsticks, to Automatic Rifles.Odds of Success: 30%. Not exactly my favorite Odds. I perfer it when they're at LEAST 70% more. Those were odds I was comfortable with.I sighed, and ran my fingers through my hair. Tonights gonna be a long night.

It's been so long since I've been on a forum site, I forgot how to Banner.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Although, I think an equal amount of Chris Hemsworth will fix it.

OOC: I'm not even as interested in this card game as you lot are.IC: Setting the pair of Queens off to the side, the spy shook his head."Not necessarily. If they have yet to succeed in their mission, it would be quite reasonable for them to keep the information from us. If I knew for a fact that the fight was not going in our favor, I'd grab the nearest weapon and charge back down there, hospital gown and all."Shrugging, he took another look at his hand."How about a King?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OCC: Ok, I'm back. a game of go fish? impressive. IC: As they drove towards Vegas, they stopped at a gas station."we aren't staying at a hotel on the Strip. it would be an insane amount to stay here for a week" said Lone, knowing Paul was going to ask.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Alright, I'm gonna stop RPing the game in any detail. :P IC: Skyra"You know, you may be right, they probably wouldn't tell us, cause I'm half tempted to go out there and see what's happening, regardless of this concussion. Go fish." Their game went on for a while, in the end though, Mr. No-One won by a landslide."Well, it looks like you win." Skyra said, who put his cards down. "So, you have any ideas on how to pass the time? Cause otherwise I'm gonna lose it."

OOC: Well... That settles that matter... Now what reason do I have to keep checking this topic, unless I want to post something?

It's been so long since I've been on a forum site, I forgot how to Banner.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Although, I think an equal amount of Chris Hemsworth will fix it.

OOC: As you don't have any characters interacting with any other characters, not much of a reason, though, honestly, a game of Go Fish played by two people who've forgotten half of the rules isn't much of a reason, either.IC(Mr. No-One): "Well, I've considered throwing heavy objects until they tell us which way the fight's going. How well do you think that would go down?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Skyra"I think they might restrain you to your bed." Skyra said half jokingly. "I'm pretty sure Dr. Light has ways of keeping us here, such as the really big guy he's got just outside the ward, I'm pretty sure that guy lift's cars with one hand."

Edited by Snelly

OOC: No prizes for guessing who this is! :D

Hivemind.png

IC: Gap gripped onto the edges of the painting as hard as she could, pressing herself closely to it in order to resist the wild winds that threatened to tear her loose. She couldn't stay here for long, or else the painting would break free, nor could she attempt another jump. So she did the only thing she could do, which was to attempt - slowly and steadily - to reach out with one arm and grab the next painting, continuing to climb across. She could have used a wormhole, but didn't; she'd rather save her concentration for when Hivemind was ready to enact whatever plan she had in mind...

OOC: Hivemind's ginger? Does she officially have a doctorate, or is she a technically-unqualified mad scientist?Because if she really is a doctor, and she's ginger... No, I'd better not say. Someone would make the joke in-game if I did.IC(Mr. No-One): "About the same conclusion I arrived at. As we've already asked nicely for the information, and that didn't work, and have ruled out taking the information more-or-less by force, the main remaining option is waiting patiently, which I would love to rule out, but if I did that, all options would be exhausted and I, theoretically, would simply cease to exist. Not too keen on that one."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC(Mr. No-One): The agent grinned, recognizing at once the usefulness of that."Oh, we could use a few people like you. Think you can get us some news on how the fight's going?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I am at a loss for how I should have Kaname react...writers block kills lol. So for now lets see what X-Blade and Sarah are doing.IC:*meanwhile in the real world in England*X-blade stood there just staring at the sky ion a rooftop. he found out what Sarah's power was a while ago so he's been helping her train that power for a while.Back then before he had with little fight with Sluice, he had somehow been able to get her contact information. Which was very odd. I'm still thinking about handing the Kid to her...but how do i do that when she might just turn around and hand her back to the family she tried to escape from? Man it's been so long since he was in the Hero business that he forgot what to do other than just dump the kid with someone he knows through trying to kill.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

IC: Once they got settled, Lone and Paul went for a walk along the Strip. "man, its been so long since the last time i was here. it feels good to be here. now remember, if someone tries to take your money, you fight back." said lone,seeing possibly a would-be robber. as the robber come closer, Lone got ready to give the robber a good punch to the gut if he bumped into Lone.OCC: this will be a normal thing when in Vegas is for robbers to try and take your money

War...war never changes.

NPC: Something caught Ultionis' attention. Swaying arm motions, a sudden shift in the movement of the hot and cold air flows as his infrared showed them - Dirge was messing with the air again. Probably trying to get them all out quickly, or mask their escape. Without knowing what exactly he was doing, though, the soldier knew to treat such an X-factor with caution. Caution, in this case, meant nipping the plan in the bud. He'd just have to take Aquarius down without the element of surprise. For now, he was going to ensure the villains didn't fly past him or something.He took aim directly at both of Dirge's shoulders and fired off a shot from each pistol, straight through the door. That ought to get his attention. Well, actually, it would probably cause him to black out, but Ultionis wasn't complaining.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Skyra"Let's see, I can certainly try." Skyra eyed the vent across the room, "The ventilation, it goes everywhere." Skyra began to 'branch out' with his powers, feeling the air currents through out the ventilation, then he directed them to pulling inward toward there room, hopefully carrying any sound waves with them as well. Sounds began to come out of the vent, although faint. The sounds of shots being fired was the most obvious. Along with other sounds of fighting. "Hmm, I'm starting to think it's far from over.."

OOC: No prizes for guessing who this is! :biggrin:

OOC: ...I'm going with Ghost Train. Yup. Definitely Ghost Train.

OOC: Hivemind's ginger? Does she officially have a doctorate, or is she a technically-unqualified mad scientist?Because if she really is a doctor, and she's ginger... No, I'd better not say. Someone would make the joke in-game if I did.

As her profile information states... yes and yes (and, just for the record, very rude). But then again, the one you're thinking of is pretty explicitly not ginger, and probably not actually a doctor either...IC:Whirlwinds flung up in Skyra's hands, smothering the flames Plasmafire sent towards him. The plasma bolts proved harder to redirect, however, and Skyra leapt back, the winds aiding his jump as the floor where he'd just been standing melted. He spun around in midair as he rose, forming a cone of air that he sent rocketing towards Plasmafire like a bullet.At the same time, Longshot took a few hesitant steps in Plasmafire's direction. Her arm started to rise as she took aim at Plasmafire, clearly struggling with all her strength and willpower not to fire...---Tornado frowned, Gap's persistence starting to get on his nerves. He raised his hands, groaning as he reshaped the winds. There was a whistling in the air, but strangely no change in the wind could be heard. Then, slowly it began to get louder... or, perhaps, closer. Seconds later, the wall around Gap errupted into a shower of stone and rubble, a whirlwind punching through from the hall on the other side. Tornado had grown tired of trying to get Gap off the wall, and instead was now choosing to simply remove the wall from the equation entirely...[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

OOC: I am definitely impressed with that swarm, Kumata. The slow graduation from dots to bugs is fantastic.Korkoa - Zaparus is just lamenting the fact that he wasn't fully briefed before the mission. (And my inability to read clearly - I completely missed that you said 'worked' in the past tense...)Also, CoKK, Loadstone jumped off the board and sent it to knock her feet out from under her, but I'll go with what you posted.IC: (Loadstone)Loadstone twisted around as he flew, inadvertantly swinging his head out of the way of the staff and bringing his magnaboard up toward Archmage. Acting on a sudden inspiration, Loadstone detatched his boots from the board and launched it at Archmage midair, hoping to daze her enough for further restraint. Of course, that meant that he landed with an "Oof" on his back, but he'd taken worse injuries before...IC: (Aquarius)Aquarius left himself on the floor for a moment, hands swirling as an ice construct began to form. What appeared to be large, thick wheels and a chair suspended between them formed next to him. Granted, the wheels of this ice-wheelchair wouldn't spin, but being ice it would just slide along the floor anyway. Aquarius proceeded to attempt settling himself into the chair, making pained noises through clenched teeth as he did.IC: (NPC - Zaparus)There was a moment of silence, and Zaparus hailed the tower again. Finally, a reply crackled through."Swissbird, this is Tower. Landing strip is clear; you are clear for landing. Repeat; you are clear for landing.""Excellent." Zaparus slowly angled the jet toward the ground, the sudden change in air pressure marking their descent. Clouds outside the window gave way to scenery below rapidly coming up to greet the aircraft. The airport slid into view, the wheels just clearing the fence marking the boundary.With a bouncing jolt, the jet landed, then brakes of all kinds were thrown into effect. The plane slowed to a crawl and finally came to a stop off to the side in an area designated for parking."Well, we're here," Zaparus said as he climbed back from the cockpit. "Now, everyone is to be on their best behavior, and remember, our cover cannot be blown." He punctuated the last statement with a pointed look at Nihilo.~Lord Rahl~

IC(NPC): The room was shaped like an amphitheatre, with two distinct levels. The lower consisted of a flat, featureless plane, panelled with metal. The upper was bulging with computer terminals and sophisticated-looking machinery, all tended to by a mixture of Coalition engineers and Sharkmen. Amidst the noise of keyboards clattering and discussions between the workers there was a background thrum, indicative of some unseen power pulsing through the room.Before a railing upon the upper ledge stood Grand Cross. He was standing patiently, arms behind his back, the gaze of his green eyes fixed upon the empty area in the centre of the room.It was clear that he expected something to happen there very soon.IC: As the wall was shredded to pieces by the whirlwind Gap flung herself off of the painting. All previous attempts to stay fixed there forgotten, her primary goal was to get away. She soared backwards, just evading the influence of its winds, twisted her body as much as she could and landed on her feet and hands. She landed much too hard, though, and a painful jolt ran up her limbs as she hit the floor. She grunted in agony but forced herself to stand up; she could feel and hear the whirlwind close behind, spinning about chunks of the wall and ready to She broke into as fast a run as she could, which was more like a skip the way she was limping, and made for the other side of the room.IC(NPC): Dirge's plan was going well. He had positioned the air current and was watching Dread, Aquarius and Impact get swept away by it. In a few moments they would be at the exit and he could use the funnel to transport himself.A pair of bullets somewhat scuppered that plan, though.By reflex, Dirge's arms whipped outwards as white-hot pain jabbed into each of his shoulders. Next came the animalistic scream of agony, loud, louder, louder still - amplified in fact, by the villain's sonic abilities surging every way at once, actually physically impacting the neighbouring walls. Skyra was probably going to regret eavesdropping. The carefully-maintained air current also went berserk, hurricane-force winds streaming outwards at completely random angles. Items of decoration; plants, tables, paintings, they spun every which way. Doors were ripped from their higes and windows rattled, threatening to break. The villains within it were likely to get dashed against the walls unless they reacted quickly...

IC (Nihilo): Why'd he look at him? He was more concerned with Neggy flubbing something than himself. He was just insurance in case something went south. All he had to do was "stand" around and look like he was doing his job.IC (Surge): Surge entered the hospital room alongside Magneta.OOC: BTW, the Doctor has a Doctorate. He also studied medicine. So, yeah.Enough of this. This isn't the Doctor Who thread.

IC: SkyraThe duo hear two more gunshots from the vent, and not a second later a animistic scream of agony ripped through the vent and shook the whole room. Skyra covered his ears and quickly cut off his powers, the sound died away. Skyra took his hands off his ears slowly, both of which were now ringing. It was bad enough he was recovering from a concussion, now he had to deal with more ringing in his ears. "You okay?" Skyra said toward Mr. No-One a bit more loudly than he normally spoke.NPC: Dr. LightDr. Light heard a dreadful noise coming from Skyra's and Mr. No-One's room. He rushed out of his office and into the room. "What are you two doing!?" He exclaimed.

IC(Mr. No-One): While rather sorely tempted to say something along the lines of "Sorry, what?", the spy was reasonably good at lip-reading, so he went ahead and gave his best possible answer to the question."Well, we tried to get sound from where the fighting's happening, and... well, it worked."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: Dr. LightDr. Light looked around the room, the sheer force of the sound wave had knocked a vase down, as well as the lamp, and various other objects, Dr. Light began to pick them up. "I can see that. Well, I'd strongly recommend you stop and just try to get better."Dr. Light closed the vent and started walking toward his office, then he turned around, "Don't worry, I'll give you guys an update on the situation as soon as I can, I really don't know what's going on right now either." Then he walked away.IC: SkyraSkyra's ear's had been ringing the entire time the Doctor was there. "What did he say?" He said rather loudly.

Edited by Snelly

IC(Mr. No-One): As the spy was still currently deaf, he had no doubt that Skyra was, too. Speaking loudly and slowly, making sure to supplement it with hand gestures, he answered the question."He," pointing at the door, miming using a stethoscope, "told," hand moving to represent speech, "us," pointing at Skyra, then at himself, "not to do that again," pointing at the wall, waving his hands to represent wind, then holding his hands over his ears.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

NPC: That reaction was not entirely unexpected, but still annoying. Ultionis' earplugs automatically sealed when a certain threshold of noise was passed, but up until it reached ear-piercing (literally) he would just have to bear the screaming growing louder. And louder. In fact, were humans even supposed to get that-Oh.Rather than wait to see what happened next he immediately turned and leapt down the flight of stairs behind him, and good thing he did. It wasn't long after that when the winds reached tornado-force and started tearing things up. He ducked, not a moment too soon - the door had just gone flying off its hinges and thrust itself top-first into the wall exactly where his neck had been less than half a second ago. If he'd had a lot of hair, he wouldn't now. Not wanting to find out first-hand what happened next, the soldier rushed down the stairs three at a time and gave Mystic a 'call'. I don't know where you are now, but the area around the villains is now strictly no-access. The aerokinetic lost control of his powers, it's a tornado in that room. First priority now is to get to safety - if we're lucky he'll knock the others around enough before he loses consciousness that we won't have to worry about them. And if not, they'd probably kill him and run before the heroes (plus him) could follow. Villains weren't known for their loyalty, especially when their lives were in danger.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Skyra"Oh, Okay!" He said loudly. Skyra lay his head on his pillow, at least till the ringing stopped. From what Skyra could guess, the other aerokinetic had gotten shot and then used his sonic abilities in reaction to the pain. Despite the fact that Skyra wanted to know what was happening now, he was less than eager to experience his ear's getting torn to bits, again.

Edited by Snelly

IC: once the robber got close to Lone, he punched the robber in the stomach, knocking the guy out stone cold. "serves him right for trying to steal my cash. alright then lets get to my mom's house. if she didn't move i know where it's at." i hope she didn't move. that's just going to make things harder.OCC: now the plot starts to thicken.

War...war never changes.

IC: (Aquarius)Aquarius covered his ears as the sonic scream washed over him, vibrating the ice wheelchair and threatening to shatter it. As such, he was unprepared when the winds suddenly threw him backwards out of the chair. Impact smashed into a wall, eliciting little more than a groan from the unconscious Villain. Maybe a bit more of that would wake him up, but there wasn't much time to consider the possibility. An expensive-looking vase holding a vibrant green plant hurlted over Aquarius' head, and a painting smashed into his bad knee before careening after Dread.IC: (NPC - Zaparus)"All right, if we're ready to go, let's get moving," Zaparus said, opening the gangplank hatch and climbing down onto the pavement. "Remember, my name is Dr. Schuller now," he reminded them, suddenly taking on an old man voice to go along with the Swiss accent. "It vouldn't do to forget zat, now vould it?"OOC: Yeah, I know, it's taking forever to get there. The action's coming, don't worry. :P~Lord Rahl~

OOC: Wow. Guy's just walking vaguely towards your guy, and the response is to punch him in the stomach hard enough to knock him unconscious. Pretty sure he's got a ruptured organ or three now.I know the guy was supposed to be a mugger, but really, he didn't do or say anything to indicate he was trying to rob your character, and, technically speaking, wouldn't a mugger be more likely to wait in the shadows than to just sort of do their thing right out in the open?Your character just basically murdered a guy, is what I'm saying, and I'm also saying I find that hilarious for some reason.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Plasmafire dove out of the way of the air bullet, landing heavilly on the ground. When he picked himself up, he found himself staring down the Longshots crossbow. "Oh boy... Longshot, don't pull the trigger... You don't want to do this, he's forcing you! I saved your life Longshot, we've got a plan to kill Frigid, don't kill me and ruin that chance!" Plasmafire was really grasping at straws, but he didn't have much choice. Bursting into flame would get him obliterated by the wind, and trying to bolt would probably just set Longshot off...IC: Negafire nodded and smoothed his hair back one more time before following Zaparus down to the pavement. "Well doc, do we have an escort to the ISNN, or do we have to find our way?" He asked, putting an air of cheerfulness around himself.

OCC:@shadows: i said knock him out cold, not kill the guy. the worst i'm going to say is a broken rib, or three, and i was playing Mortal kombat earlier. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif IC: " not far from here. i haven't talked to her in over Five years. i was going talk to her at least one more time. lets go." and with that they were off to Lone's mom's house.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

OOC: You punched him in the stomach hard enough to knock him unconscious. The central nervous system isn't anywhere near the stomach, which means the guy was hit hard enough to cause enough pain/damage to induce shock, forcing the brain to short-circuit and turn off to spare him the agony of a ruptured liver.I'm not criticising it, don't get me wrong - I think it's hilarious, as I said before.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom