IIMT - Tapika's Comic Emporium

toastergrl

I actually intended Gerlicky as taking the gun off the very terrible person, but honestly your interpretation makes much more sense.Banned members are not to be discussed. -B6

Weird. I could've sworn he was a very TREACHEROUS person. :shrugs:Also lol totally anticlimactic how we just didn't find out the kit.
You know, guys, it´s not nice to insult people in their absence, especially if they are banned and can neither read it nor defend themselves. You are breaking the rule about not referencing banned members as well. It would be nice if you could replace the member you mentioned with somebody else in your comics.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hey look, a comic on time! Would you look at that.4imt036.pngAlso guys, since a modmin appeared, I'll have to give you a DISCLAIMER! Yay, board politics!All characters, unless otherwise stated, are merely ideas I have produced by myself, within the sanctity of my own head, with no real life counterparts. Some characters that don't have real-life counterparts may in fact be influenced by my experiences - however, all resemblence to people's fancharacters, alive or dead, unless otherwise specified is completely unintentional.I must also state that although I respect the jobs that modmins do, and am in fact very good friends with quite a few modmins on the BZP team, I do not condone censorship of things that are devoid of offensive content, and which nobody has complained of. My roster of characters will not be modified in any way because one: I do not support censorship and two: I make these far in advance, and I've actually completed the plotline this character features in. However, I will strive to feature this character less often as time goes on, and perhaps in time remove him altogether.Keep in mind that I have intense respect for the job you do, and am glad to see somebody do it! But I feel there are better things for you to be focusing on than petty matters regarding oversized images that nobody has complained about

Edited by Tapika

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

Additionally, Pohuaki did say (whilst he was still a moderator) that the fictional counterparts of banned members could still be used in comics, so long as they represented the characters and not the members. Since Janus hasn't officially redacted that, I assume it still stands.(also that gun flash is pretty neat)

Edited by John Marrow

bionicle is trans culture

I admit I was not aware of Pohuaki´s statement. As long as you don´t associate the character in the comics with things the banned member did, it´s alright to use the character. Also, I understand you don´t support censorship, especially of unoffensive content, but the thing with using banned members for your comics is that it CAN be offensive to them. Of course, it´s hard to draw a line between what offends and what does not, so it´s easier not to allow excessive presence of banned members at all than to state what those banned members must not do as characters in your comic (which would be closer to censorship). Your point about nobody complaining is not always valid either. In an extreme case, if you kill somebody everybody hated, nobody will complain about it, but it´s still a crime (it´s obviously not comparable, but you get the idea).As far as the oversized images are concerned, I have explained the reasons to you in our conversation via PM, so I don´t want to carry out this matter further here.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Sorry, but as I said in our conversation we can´t just make an exception for you.Pohuaki has explained to me why he set that rule, and actually, it was made given several circumstances at that time, but only allowed existing characters which were banned after being turned into characters to be used and not using banned members as characters after they were banned. However, since the circumstances today are different and Pohuaki is not the leader of the artwork forums anymore (sadly :(), we should wait until Janus makes a definite decision. Until then, keeping the character should be fine as long as you don´t make references to him that are too obvious. ;)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

4imt041.pngNOTE: Any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidential. Again. Please don't sue us.Peace out, for I'm out of comics and will only be able to start working on them after Christmas.Also, we here at Tapika's Comic Emporium wish you a Merry Christmas to the majority of the world... and a happy Festivius for the rest of us. Axial Tilt is the reason for the season, and don't you guys forget it.

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

• 3 weeks later...

Aw man, I'm digging all the stellar effects being shown here.Mostly that glow and space-ish look Toaster's sporting. Really impressive to me, chap.So green. Anyway, really nice comic. Glad to see some new stuff from you again. Not sure what sort of motivation he's talking about, but my guess is he's dumping you in spaaaaaace.Also, Toaster sounds more human in panel four. Cool.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

Lightning? Push that aside, because we've got combustible grass.Aka, instantaneous bonfires. Sell that product, Tap. Sell them bonfires.Anyway, I love the background. The grassy field, dark sky. It's pretty perfect in my books. As well as the lightning.

lovewarconga2.png

• 6 months later...

Good to see the downtime didn't have you quit as you are one of my favorite authors although I'm not entirely sure that you haven't now quit.If you haven't then do you have any plans to continue any of the comics or just IIMT? I like Solarius it seems almost like something that would belong in the CCC.

Don't Click It