Ninjago 2012 Sets

unknown_user2596

Saw the new trailer for season 2.....there's a snake crane with a wrecking ball? :blink: The scorpion things look neat though. Store exclusives perhaps?Apparently one of the four original ninjas becomes the green ninja. He even gets a mecha :blink:

Then why does it say they have to find out who the green ninja is? If one of them becomes the green ninja, they wouldn't have to find out who it is.

brutaka.jpg

Saw the new trailer for season 2.....there's a snake crane with a wrecking ball? :blink: The scorpion things look neat though. Store exclusives perhaps?Apparently one of the four original ninjas becomes the green ninja. He even gets a mecha :blink:

Then why does it say they have to find out who the green ninja is? If one of them becomes the green ninja, they wouldn't have to find out who it is.
*cough*ToaofLight*cough*If the green ninja is prophecied or something, then they might wonder who he is even before he shows up.With that said, though, his eyebrows seem decidedly different than the other ninja's eyebrows in the trailer. At least to me.

*cough*ToaofLight*cough*If the green ninja is prophecied or something, then they might wonder who he is even before he shows up.With that said, though, his eyebrows seem decidedly different than the other ninja's eyebrows in the trailer. At least to me.
Except that the Toa of Light was never a Toa to begin with.

brutaka.jpg

True, but being a Ninja isn't quite the same as being a Toa. Anyone can become a ninja, whereas before 2003 we had no idea that Matoran could become Toa. I guess it is kind of different, though, in that the question of the Toa of Light, before he was revealed, was phrased less as who he was than where he was. The fact that he wasn't a brand-new character but rather a transformed version of an older character was kept pretty quiet before the movie came out.

True, but being a Ninja isn't quite the same as being a Toa. Anyone can become a ninja, whereas before 2003 we had no idea that Matoran could become Toa. I guess it is kind of different, though, in that the question of the Toa of Light, before he was revealed, was phrased less as who he was than where he was. The fact that he wasn't a brand-new character but rather a transformed version of an older character was kept pretty quiet before the movie came out.
It wouldn't make sense if one of the four original ninja's "transformed" into the green ninja. Their outfits wouldn't "magically" change colour.

brutaka.jpg

It wouldn't make sense if one of the four original ninja's "transformed" into the green ninja. Their outfits wouldn't "magically" change colour.
Ermmm... they kinda did in the TV special. All except Cole's, anyway. This is a world where martial arts creates magical elemental tornados; I don't think we should expect it to be firmly grounded in reality.

Went to TRU, and found all of the released Ninjago. Picked up Kai's Blade Cycle and Venorami Shrine; I love them.

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I'm starting to think that the two biggest sets are going to be summer releases, because they haven't been released with the other sets yet... <_<WHY does LEGO do this to best selling themes like this?!

And I'm confident that's not going to happen. There are plenty of things showing up in the TV series that will probably be held until summer. The two biggest sets are more likely to just be held until spring, like some of this year's spinner sets.LEGO rarely splits a wave to last a full year unless the theme is on its last legs (notice how this happened for Atlantis and Power Miners only in their last years), and even when they do it's rarely done globally.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Saw some of the new sets at TRU. Definitely going to be getting Cole's vehicle at some point if just for the Snakeman. Honestly, he looks sweet.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Has this been seen yet?snakes.jpg

Yes, in the instruction packets. Oddly enough, they were located in the middle. :blink:

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I quite like this theme. I think most of this is because of the minifigure moulds being amazing aesthetically pleasing and useful (I'm talking to you Venomari!). I will probably not get all of these sets. But only because I will be to busy buying other 2012 system sets. I :pahrak: :censored: :kakama: :updown: :censored: http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/youngman-sign.gif the Hero Factory sets.ToaMiserix :kakama:

DevBannerwithInterests.png

I'm LOVING this wave, but I feel like, even though he's in the sets, Zane's getting dissed. Watch the second episode of RotS. They pretty much just expand on him being weird. Look at the ninjago poster thing two posts up. He is made the last prominent character there. Zane gets

possibly replaced or otherwise given pink Spinjitzu and a pink suit.

Also, he doesn't get a vehicle other than his dragon, at least not yet.What in Mata Nui's glory is going on here?

toatanusignature.png

I'm LOVING this wave, but I feel like, even though he's in the sets, Zane's getting dissed. Watch the second episode of RotS. They pretty much just expand on him being weird. Look at the ninjago poster thing two posts up. He is made the last prominent character there. Zane gets

Also, he doesn't get a vehicle other than his dragon, at least not yet.What in Mata Nui's glory is going on here?

Zane's weirdness is what makes him awesome. Also, although the set isn't out yet, he gets a small snowmobile in set 9445.

What do you assume DX, and now ZX are supposed to mean? Do they have a meaning? :???:

DX, in the past, has been used by LEGO to mean "Deluxe", but in the case of Ninjago it was seemingly just their way of designating the dragon suit ninjas. ZX's meaning seems less obvious, although it should be noted that the ZX ninjas are in all cases the versions that pilot their individual vehicles.Beyond that, the letters are just the way the versions are identified. I don't think they actually stand for anything, especially since they never appear in any story media.
Yeah, I sort of figured that "DX" may mean "Deluxe", but I just wanted to make sure. :)"ZX" probably has no meaning, sort of like the Gameboy Advance SP was. The letter Z is cool though, so I'm happy.
I always thought "DX" stood for, like, Dragon Something. Dragon Extreme? I dunno. :P Of course, I thought Gameboy SP meant "Super Portable" so you may not want to listen to me. XD Anyway, I don't really know what ZX stands for, but it's killing me to not know. Znake Extreme? No, that would just be silly, haha! In seriousness, though, I really want Rattlecopter and Fangpyre Truck Ambush. They look awesome, plus trans-blue (or is it purple? I can't tell, I'm colorblind.) big flames on the truck. :drool:

What do you assume DX, and now ZX are supposed to mean? Do they have a meaning? :???:

DX, in the past, has been used by LEGO to mean "Deluxe", but in the case of Ninjago it was seemingly just their way of designating the dragon suit ninjas. ZX's meaning seems less obvious, although it should be noted that the ZX ninjas are in all cases the versions that pilot their individual vehicles.Beyond that, the letters are just the way the versions are identified. I don't think they actually stand for anything, especially since they never appear in any story media.
Yeah, I sort of figured that "DX" may mean "Deluxe", but I just wanted to make sure. :)"ZX" probably has no meaning, sort of like the Gameboy Advance SP was. The letter Z is cool though, so I'm happy.
I always thought "DX" stood for, like, Dragon Something. Dragon Extreme? I dunno. :P Of course, I thought Gameboy SP meant "Super Portable" so you may not want to listen to me. XD Anyway, I don't really know what ZX stands for, but it's killing me to not know. Znake Extreme? No, that would just be silly, haha!In seriousness, though, I really want Rattlecopter and Fangpyre Truck Ambush. They look awesome, plus trans-blue (or is it purple? I can't tell, I'm colorblind.) big flames on the truck. :drool:
The flames are Transparent Bright Bluish Violet (which most sites call Trans-Purple or Trans-Dark Purple). Same goes for the windscreens. Meanwhile, two new sets have been discovered on amazon.co.jp. Images can be seen here and here. I like the arena with a lunging snake head and lunging dragon head. That looks perhaps the most interesting of any spinner arena set so far. The mech is a bit goofy-looking IMO, but it has nice pieces, and the concept fits perfectly with the wackiness of Ninjago.

Brickshelf user Grogall has lovely new high-res pictures of the snake mech set 9455. Unfortunately we still don't seem to have a name for the set in English.The arm sticker reading "NAB 11" is a reference to one of the set designers, Mark Stafford, who uses the screenname "Nabii" or "LEGO Nabii" on various websites.

Brickshelf user Grogall has lovely new high-res pictures of the snake mech set 9455. Unfortunately we still don't seem to have a name for the set in English.

I think "MDP 1" is the real name of this set....any ideas on what it stands for?Looks like he also has the US box arts for the two biggest sets, both with piece counts. The way Garmadon is given four arms seems too awkward...

Brickshelf user Grogall has lovely new high-res pictures of the snake mech set 9455. Unfortunately we still don't seem to have a name for the set in English.

I think "MDP 1" is the real name of this set....any ideas on what it stands for?Looks like he also has the US box arts for the two biggest sets, both with piece counts. The way Garmadon is given four arms seems too awkward...
No, that's probably a placeholder for the real name. Especially considering it uses an underscore.

Zane's weirdness is what makes him awesome. Also, although the set isn't out yet, he gets a small snowmobile in set 9445.
That SCREAMS wimpy halfhearted runaway vehicle, but pretty cool and good point. I could imagine that thing doing frozen doughnuts around a Serpentine warrior, LOL. Unfortunately Zane isn't the doughnuts-to-show-off type. I think. Edited by toatanu
toatanusignature.png

According to the UK January brand store calendar, spend 50£ and get a free Kendo Jay booster pack. That probably means we have to spend $75... :(http://cache.lego.co...256AFEA23AB.pdf

Wow, I JUST realized (WAY late) that those Spinjitzu spinners had a top "cyclone" piece that I'll call an Energy Ring just for fun. What is this, LEGO Beyblade? Edited by toatanu
toatanusignature.png

According to the UK January brand store calendar, spend 50£ and get a free Kendo Jay booster pack. That probably means we have to spend $75... :(http://cache.lego.co...256AFEA23AB.pdf

Wow, I JUST realized (WAY late) that those Spinjitzu spinners had a top "cyclone" piece that I'll call an Energy Ring just for fun. What is this, LEGO Beyblade?
Those top pieces (from what I've heard) are called "crowns". And yeah. Definitely some Beyblade inspiration involved there. It's only natural that a theme involving "battle tops" of any kind is going to draw inspiration from those that have been successful in the past.Additionally, there will be a new spinner design next year with Technic pin holes in the bottom, so that things can be attached to the underside. Some of the booster packs include accessories for this purpose: the Jay ZX booster pack has some blades to attach there, while the Kendo Cole booster pack has some lovely silver chains.Naturally, it remains to be seen how much more exciting this makes Spinjitzu gameplay. I already have plenty of fun with the existing spinner designs, but this could potentially increase the possibilities considerably. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

O.O Is that a new Scythe of Quakes I see w/ the Snake mech?...............AWESOME!

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I'm seeing tons of random new Golden Weapons here... Are the Ninja capable of shapeshifting/altering their golden weapons now or are those weapons non-canon and just for effect? Or are there possibly multiple versions of the golden weapons for each element???

I think it's more lego finally decided to make a special mold for the other three, like they did with the Sword of Fire. Or at least the scythe.

I honestly don't know why so many people are against these new Ninjago sets. Sure, they are a little wierd, and they pretty much replaced all the cultural sets with Vehicles, but some of the designs for these sets are absolutely ingenious. The Rattlecopter is wonderfully designed, and I love the idea of snake people. I got tired of Skeletons and Snakes are the next best thing to it. Plus, I love the Ninja's new designs and weapons. Sure there are a lot of weird things with the sets (Such as Garmadon having a growth spurt in Destiny's Bounty), but I look beyond that. They are just wonderful, in my honest opinion.

I'm seeing tons of random new Golden Weapons here... Are the Ninja capable of shapeshifting/altering their golden weapons now or are those weapons non-canon and just for effect? Or are there possibly multiple versions of the golden weapons for each element???

I think it's more lego finally decided to make a special mold for the other three, like they did with the Sword of Fire. Or at least the scythe.
A special mold? Explain the three-prong scythe, vs. the two-sided scythe, vs. the season 1 scythe??? And Zok I totally agree. Edited by toatanu
toatanusignature.png

The first year had a lot more gold weapons than the four Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu as well. These are probably completely different weapons, without much significance.