Voltex

Everyone else is too busy getting killed off in some random part of the Aftermath universe. :P -MT

Everyone except for me. The advantages of being an occasional commentator, I suppose.So, uh, anyhow. I'm finding this series fairly amusing so far - I started reading it near the end of the last season, before this whole Afterwords business started. I'm also pleasantly surprised that the titular Tahus weren't resurrected, as would be predictable (yet). :P

You don't have to worry - if I were to keep any characters dead, it'll be them (probably). I'll never ressurect either of them (maybe), and neither will be shown in the comedy alive ever again (if circumstances permit). Now, you might read far too much between the lines of my post here, and begin to assume that I will be reviving/resurrecting/bringing back some previously dead characters.

Your nasty business of reading far too much between the lines of my post would probably lead to the hunch above being rather correct.

You heard nothing.

-ibrow

Dear Tahu Stars,

It has come to my attention that the months long truce we have held must come to an end. Yes, that does mean that I know of your ambush. Yes, the one where Maxilos found himself surrounded by your Skrall Stars and Rahkshi... and defeated every single one of them. Be glad he was merciful, and allowed them to live. It shall not happen again... maybe.

I feel I must warn you that I will no longer bide my time. Hero Factory arrives soon and I must prepare for their arrival. Having you in my way will only make things harder for us all to keep under control, and our very existence could be thrown onto the threshold of chaos if I don’t do my duty and destroy you.

Good luck.

-Tahu Mata

Chapter 10 – These Guys Really Suck at Fighting

Evo grunted as Lewa Mata smacked him back to the floor before he’d even finished standing.

“Can’t you be a gentleman and let me up?” he asked.

“Stop it with the jokes.” Lewa Mata ordered. “It makes it harder for me to beat you senselessly.”

“Oh, it’s not senseless, I’m sure.” Evo said brightly. “You’re being far too gentle for it to be senseless!”

“You’re quite possibly the most stupid set I’ve ever known.” Lewa Mata said to him. “And why are you so freaking heavy?”

“I told you he’s fat!” Rocka called.

“I am not fat!” Evo protested.

“Oh for the love of ALMIGHTY, shut it, both of you.” Lewa Mata muttered.

Evo started to say something that was probably going to be yet another snarky joke or comment at Rocka’s expense, but Lewa Mata was tired of the comedy routine. He grabbed Evo’s head and slammed it into the ground, knocking him out for what was hopefully the final time.

“Who’s next?”

He was answered as Thok clubbed him from behind and sent him sprawling towards Rocka, who aimed his crossbow and fired a shot right into his chest. Lewa Mata grunted, before swinging his axe in an ark and catching Thok in the chin, using the point of the axe to slam the Skakdi into the wall. Rocka leapt onto him from behind, grunting, but Lewa Mata simply flung himself backwards, landing on top of Rocka with a crunch.

“Oh, you gotta be kidding me!” Rocka grunted. “That was a dirty trick man.”

Lewa Mata said nothing, spinning back up and delivering three lightning-quick punches to Thok’s gut. The white Piraka stumbled backwards, flipping his ice pick up to block Lewa Mata’s axe.

“Can’t you just die already?” Lewa Mata asked.

“No, I’d rather not, to be honest.” Thok said.

“I’m going to do you in.” Lewa Mata said.

“To be honest, I’d rather you didn’t.”

Lewa Mata continued to push Thok back towards the wall, swinging his axe every which way so fast that Thok could barely keep up. Just as Thok reached the wall, Lewa Mata grunted as Rocka grabbed him from behind and yanked him backwards. He shoved the hero down and used him as a stepping stone to flip back to his feet before advancing back on Thok.

“Can’t you just fall down?” Rocka asked, failing to trip him.

Lewa Mata said nothing as he kicked Thok into the wall and disarmed him.

“This is bad.” Thok said.

“You’re right; this is bad... for you.”

Lewa Mata swung his arm back, and then swung it forward to land his axe in Thok’s face. However, a well-timed blast from Rocka sent his axe flying to the side, and he caught Thok’s shoulder instead.

“Well, this is excruciatingly painful.” Thok said. “However, I suppose it’s uh, better than being dead.”

“I hate you two.” Lewa Mata muttered, pulling his axe out and flinging it away.

He grabbed Thok and threw him into Rocka, who fell to the floor again. He then pulled Thok back by his foot and punched him right to the floor. Thok groaned upon impact, before Lewa Mata kicked him back up and then smashed him into the wall again, knocking him out.

“There, finally, that’s one of you.” Lewa Mata said, panting. “Your turn, Rocka... no more stupid shots from that crossbow of yours, do you understand?”

“But that’s my only advantage!”

“Precisely my point, stupid.”

“Hey Nokama,” Takanuva Stars called, “How have you been doing? I’ll tell you the truth; I’ve been feeling rather humiliated. I think it’s time to repay the favor.”

“Or...” Nokama trailed off, swinging her weapons in idle circles casually, “Perhaps you weren’t humiliated enough, hmm?”

Takanuva Stars charged, leaping from a foot away and trying to slam his feet into a Nokama that was no longer there. However, he reached out with a staff and caught her as she dodged away and dragged her back into him, shoving her to the ground and stabbing down, only for her to roll away.

“Stay still, Toa!” he growled.

“Why would I ever do that?” Nokama asked teasingly.

“Don’t make fun of me.”

“Don’t try to fight me and I won’t have to.”

Takanuva Stars narrowed his eyes and charged again. This time Nokama simply pushed at his head, delaying him long enough for her to flip over him and then use his momentum against him. As he crashed into the wall, Takanuva Stars decided to re-design his combat strategy – he would let her come for him.

“Bad mistake!” he gasped as Nokama barrel rolled into him from behind.

“So, I think this is the part where you begin to realise I’ve humiliated you in the field of battle again” Nokama said casually, sitting on top of him.

“No, I’ll never give in!”

“You sort of have to... I can sit here all day, you know.”

“Nope, not giving up.”

“Alright, I lied. I can’t sit here all day – enjoy your time down under!”

Takanuva Stars blinked and ducked away, barely missing Nokama’s fist. However, her next blow hit him hard, and his vision faded to black instantly.

“Man Furno, when did you get so good at fighting?” Surge asked, gasping for breath as he dodged away for the millionth time.

“I think a better question is, when did you get so bad?”

“No seriously, you could hold your own against Takanuva Stars now. I don’t get it.”

“I’m not sure, to be honest. Maybe it’s just I have an actual cause I’m fighting for?”

“That’s a load of bull Furno, and you know it.”

“Yeah, that actually was. I’m ashamed of myself....”

Surge snickered and then Furno realized they were supposed to be fighting, blasting a sphere at the blue hero. However, Surge ducked underneath it and then responded with a blast of his own, catching Furno in the chest. Furno stumbled backward and Surge stole the advantage, swinging his sword and catching Furno in the chin. However, Furno grabbed his arm and twisted it, forcing Surge to release his sword.

“Uh oh... not good.” Surge said.

Furno shrugged, blasting Surge’s blaster halfway across the room.

“You really are rather useless in a fight.” Furno commented. “That was a little too easy... almost as if....”

“Hey ‘redtard’, catch this!” a voice yelled.

Furno turned and caught one of Nokama’s aqua blades with his face, releasing Surge and sprawling onto the floor.

“That was mean.” Furno moaned.

“That was rather... excessive.” Surge said.

“Yeah... it was worth it.” Nokama said, glancing at him with a strange look. “Do you want the honours, or shall I?”

“Well... I’m kind of, you know, no good at fighting, so you can have it I guess.” Surge said, shrugging.

“You won’t be bad at fighting for long.” Nokama said.

Before Surge or Furno could ask why, Nokama kicked Furno so hard that one of his pipes popped off, and the red hero’s eyes closed instantly.

“You killed him!” Surge cried.

“Nonsense, he’s only knocked out.” Nokama said, sighing. “Promise me something, Surge.”

“What’s that?”

“Don’t bother about your weapons or your friends – I’ll see to them. Just run away from here and hide outside, in the Backyard. You’ll find a spot... there’s lots of them. I need you to stay safe.”

A horrible suspicion washed over Surge, and realization dawned on him.

“Nokama...” he said tentatively. “Do you... do you love me?”

Nokama glanced at him, a sharp look on her face as she rolled her eyes.

“No, why would I love you?” she snapped. “You just might be useful, ‘blutard’. You aren’t useful if you’re in jail.”

“Oh... never mind then.”

“Yes... please, never ask me that again. I hate awkward conversations.”

“What are you rickety old Turaga doing in my Living Room?” Black Phantom asked.

“They’re trying to send everyone here to jail.” Vezok told him. “You gonna fight?”

“Well, I haven’t actually had an opportunity to fight anyone yet.” Black Phantom admitted. “So, I suppose I can try.”

“That’s the spirit! Don’t worry, if anything goes wrong, I can handle them both. Probably.”

“I highly doubt that!” Turaga Matau said, laughing maniacally as he leapt into the air and onto Black Phantom’s face.

“Augh, he’s on my face! Get it off! Get if off!”

Vezok took aim with his zamor launcher, but was knocked aside by Turaga Onewa, allowing Turaga Mata to proceed with beating Black Phantom senseless.

“Ow, that was my knee! That was my femur! That was my thigh! Augh, not the face! Not the face! No, not the shoulder either! Not the hand! Preferably not the stomach! Please not the back, that’s a fragile area!”

“Oh, is it?” Turaga Matau asked.

“Yeah, unfortunately.” Black Phantom said. “Here, I’ll show you.”

Black Phantom rolled over to show Turaga Matau his back and the Turaga hissed in surprise.

“Oh dude, I am sorry about that.” Turaga Matau said. “I’m so sorry about that, I won’t beat you there. That was my bad.”

“Oh no, it was my fault.” Black Phantom said, shrugging. “I should’ve informed you earlier that LEGO sucks at designing Titan backs now.”

“Shall we continue?” Turaga Matau asked.

“Alright hold on for a minute, just gotta get into position...” Black Phantom muttered. “Ready!”

“I shall now continue to beat you senselessly!”

“Augh, not the elbow! Not the staff! No, my staff! Augh, my face again! Urk!”

With the last blow, Black Phantom fell unconscious and Turaga Matau laughed maniacally some more before turning to face Vezok and Turaga Onewa.

“You have the creepiest friend ever... of all time.” Vezok said.

“You have the weirdest leader ever... of all time.” Turaga Onewa said.

“Are we going to beat him senseless too?” Turaga Matau asked.

“Might as well, I suppose.” Turaga Onewa said.

“Whoa now, wait a minute you two.” Vezok said, backing away. “I uh, I think you ought to know what you’re getting yourselves into....”

“Oh, we already know.” Turaga Onewa told him. “The boss told the two of us everything, and we get to share it when we like.”

“Yeah, we know about your precious little group!” Turaga Matau said, laughing.

The three paused as Splitface ran by, both halves of him screaming incoherently about two different issues that had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Pohatu Nuva was chasing them.

Vezok used the distraction to his advantage, flipping his weapon out and hooking Turaga Matau, throwing him halfway across the room before blasting a zamor sphere into Turaga Onewa’s face. The brown Turaga’s eyes bulged as his mask was flung away, and he rapped his hammer hard on Vezok’s head, making the Piraka begin to feel woozy.

“What the heck do you put on that hammer?” Vezok asked.

“Just good old fashioned discipline sauce.” Turaga Onewa told him.

Vezok flinched as Turaga Onewa rapped him with it again, before taking a step towards him and falling flat on his face, snoring.

“There, that’s that dirty task taken care of!”

“Aw man, you took him out without me!” Turaga Matau said, pouting as he returned. “That is not fair.”

Rocka’s vision became fuzzy as he lay on the ground, Lewa Mata on top of him and raining punches down upon his head. His left arm, with the crossbow, felt like lead while his right arm, which had a semi-useful shield, was actually pinned underneath him, which only made the position hurt that much more.

“What do you have to say now, you bugger?” Lewa Mata asked.

Rocka would have replied with a snarky comment or two, but unfortunately he was a little beyond that as his vision faded to black. However, as he fell unconscious Rocka could’ve sworn that a furious Nokama had smashed Lewa Mata right off of him.

Had Rocka still been awake, he would have noticed that his assumption was correct – Nokama had smashed Lewa Mata off of him and she was furious.

“Where do you ever get away with stuff like that, Lewa?” she seethed.

“Well, obviously here.” Lewa Mata said, disgruntled. “Do we really need to do this? Nex 2.0 was the best fighter this house has ever seen... and I killed him.”

“That doesn’t stop him from haunting your dreams though, does it?” Nokama asked. “And I’ll bet he haunts your waking moments, too.”

“Shut up!” Lewa Mata yelled. “Get back, Turaga! She is mine! I will kill her!”

“You’ll try!” Nokama challenged.

Lewa Mata charged, as did Nokama. When they met, Lewa Mata swung his axe to counter Nokama’s blow and then punched her, knocking her back. Nokama grabbed him and body slammed him to the ground, punching him in the face before being thrown away. As Nokama rolled across the ground, Lewa Mata threw his axe and caught her in the shoulder, causing her to cry out. However, a second later Lewa Mata groaned as he was smashed into the wall, his own axe embedded within his shoulder.

“You’ll get it for that!” he yelled.

Nokama responded by slicing him with a blade and then grabbed him, body slamming him again and this time swinging her tool with a thud into his other shoulder, rage fuelling her into a fight that she normally wouldn’t be able to win. However, Lewa Mata grabbed his axe and ripped it out, smashing it into Nokama’s head and sending her tumbling away... as his worst nightmare toppled into view.

The nightmare was a shiny plastic bag, with a picture on it that depicted an orange and white Hero Factory set. Only it wasn’t a picture, but rather the orange and white hero mimicking the picture, but with one noticeable change... his launcher was now in his left hand, leaving his right free, and instead of his weapon there was an all-too-familiar multi-tool ice shield attached to his wrist.

“Oh ALMIGHTY, I am done for.”

“What’s up everybody?” the newcomer asked. “Having a little fight, are we? I had about four to get this cool shield. Let me show you what I’ve learned!”

He turned to Nokama, grabbed her by the neck, and slammed her into a jutting out corner before flinging her away to the floor, where she began to weakly push herself to her feet. The newcomer just shook his head and pointed at Lewa Mata.

“You next, green one.”

“No, please....” Lewa Mata gasped.

The newcomer lunged forward and grabbed Lewa Mata, hefting him into the air. Lewa Mata struggled but couldn’t free himself, and was slammed into the ground mercilessly, his Kanohi popping off and scattering away across the floor to rest at the feet of Turaga Onewa. The newcomer tossed Lewa Mata away like a ragdoll and the Toa Mata of Air lay still.

“You two seem nicer... well, maybe only a little.” the newcomer said, ignoring the fact that Nokama was stumbling away behind him. “Can I help you two with anything?”

“Uh... well....” Turaga Onewa trailed off, too stunned to speak.

“Yes... please help us gather everybody.” Turaga Matau said. “Several of them have committed crimes and must be taken to jail.”

“No problem, I can do that.” the newcomer said, saluting them. “Just point out the ones you need and then show me the jail!”

“You don’t... want to know why?” Turaga Onewa asked.

“Nah, not really.” the newcomer said, shrugging. “I can ask you guys about it later. Just... convince the green guy I mean no harm.”

“Oh, we will, do not worry.” Turaga Onewa whispered, sharing a look with Turaga Matau. “Things are going very well indeed....”

To Be Concluded in the Epilogue next week!

With Rocka, Evo and the others taken prisoner, Furno a traitor, and Lewa Mata having obtained the aid of a mysterious and powerful set, Surge must now earn the right to hear some of the House's greatest kept secrets - secrets kept as such for so long that less than eight sets have ever known of them...

“Where is this place?” Surge asked.

“You don’t need to know that right now.” Nokama said.

“Why not?”

“You just... don’t.”

“What are those mounds of dirt?” Surge asked.

“Those are graves.” a female voice said curtly from behind him.

Surge turned, readying his sword before realizing that he didn’t have either of his weapons anymore... Lewa Mata must have taken them. Before him stood a blue Toa that was similar in build to Lewa Mata.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“My name is Gali Mata.” she said with a sigh, glancing at Nokama. “Are you sure he could be worth it? He didn’t even make it out with his weapons.”

“He’d only fought once before, and that was against Takanuva Stars.” Nokama explained. “I’ve decided to make it his decision. Give him the benefit of the doubt.”

“I’m glad I inspire so much confidence in you all.”

“It’s not about inspiring confidence right now, rookie.” Gali Mata said. “Right now it’s about whether or not you’re going to agree with what we’re about to tell you.”

Tune in next week! Hope you enjoyed it! Post your favourite parts!

I'm interested as to the identity of the unitified set.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

"...Please not the back, that’s a fragile area!”

Black Phantom rolled over to show Turaga Matau his back and the Turaga hissed in surprise.

“Oh dude, I am sorry about that.” Turaga Matau said. “I’m so sorry about that, I won’t beat you there. That was my bad.”

“Oh no, it was my fault.” Black Phantom said, shrugging. “I should’ve informed you earlier that LEGO sucks at designing Titan backs now.”

“Alright hold on for a minute, just gotta get into position...” Black Phantom muttered. “Ready!”

With the last blow, Black Phantom fell unconscious and Turaga Matau laughed maniacally some more before turning to face Vezok and Turaga Onewa.

Probably the best dialogue I've read in a while.

Great chapter!

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

And again, reusing chappy titles. I must add, they work well with the story, and give a nostalogic feel to it, so I'm good with this.

This chappy...was interesting, to say the least. BP got beat up quite easily, and so did the others...and now Surge is the star.

The mystery set is Breakout Nex (orange and white bag...) and I find it disturbing he means no harm to LM. Ah well, someone will take him down someday (and the odds of that happening are of the odds of Mantax killing Torch).

“No, why would I love you?” she snapped. “You just might be useful, ‘blutard’. You aren’t useful if you’re in jail.”

“Oh... never mind then.”

This was pretty awkward, and probably the weirdest part in the whole series...

Dear Tahu Stars,

It has come to my attention that the months long truce we have held must come to an end. Yes, that does mean that I know of your ambush. Yes, the one where Maxilos found himself surrounded by your Skrall Stars and Rahkshi... and defeated every single one of them. Be glad he was merciful, and allowed them to live. It shall not happen again... maybe.

I feel I must warn you that I will no longer bide my time. Hero Factory arrives soon and I must prepare for their arrival. Having you in my way will only make things harder for us all to keep under control, and our very existence could be thrown onto the threshold of chaos if I don’t do my duty and destroy you.

Good luck.

-Tahu Mata

Heh, die Tahu Stars (whoops, he's already dead). This was pretty humorous, and also shows how much TM cared about the sets, and not...whatever TS cared about.

KUTGW.

~LTT~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

I'm interested as to the identity of the unitified set.

His identity will be revealed in time.

"...Please not the back, that’s a fragile area!”

Probably the best dialogue I've read in a while.

Great chapter!

That part was a lot of fun to write!

And again, reusing chappy titles. I must add, they work well with the story, and give a nostalogic feel to it, so I'm good with this.

This chappy...was interesting, to say the least. BP got beat up quite easily, and so did the others...and now Surge is the star.

The mystery set is Breakout Nex (orange and white bag...) and I find it disturbing he means no harm to LM. Ah well, someone will take him down someday (and the odds of that happening are of the odds of Mantax killing Torch).

“Oh... never mind then.”

This was pretty awkward, and probably the weirdest part in the whole series...

Dear Tahu Stars,

Good luck.

-Tahu Mata

Heh, die Tahu Stars (whoops, he's already dead). This was pretty humorous, and also shows how much TM cared about the sets, and not...whatever TS cared about.

KUTGW.

~LTT~

Make sure you're absolutely certain as to his identity before you guess. By the way, the set code should do the trick. Because it is the real set code.

Awkward it might've been, but I couldn't resist making the joke.

They both cared about their sets, just at different levels.

Um..... Yay. So has the season entirely been about misadventures fights? Could I get some kind of recap??

Um... you've been here posting. I kind of assumed that when people posted they were also reading.

-ibrow

Um..... Yay. So has the season entirely been about misadventures fights? Could I get some kind of recap??

Um... you've been here posting. I kind of assumed that when people posted they were also reading.

-ibrow

Yeah, I do read. I don't read chapter titles though. Maybe that's why I'm confused? :/

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm confused regarding what you're confused about, though. xD

This season has been one big introduction; I've been introducing a whole cast of new or re-invented characters to you all in preparation for the onslaught of material to come (so far, not a single chapter of Season 2 is below 2500 words, and they're only getting longer).

-ibrow

The nightmare was a shiny plastic bag, with a picture on it that depicted an orange and white Hero Factory set. Only it wasn’t a picture, but rather the orange and white hero mimicking the picture, but with one noticeable change... his launcher was now in his left hand, leaving his right free, and instead of his weapon there was an all-too-familiar multi-tool ice shield attached to his wrist.

And now you've made me think. How did Breakout Nex get Nex 2.0's shield? Perhaps he got it from the pond...or is Nex 2.0 simply possessing Breakout Nex and hiding his true identity?

We shall see, I guess.

~LTT~

And now you've made me think. How did Breakout Nex get Nex 2.0's shield? Perhaps he got it from the pond...or is Nex 2.0 simply possessing Breakout Nex and hiding his true identity? We shall see, I guess. ~LTT~
It's Nex 2.0, I'm sure of it.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

And now you've made me think. How did Breakout Nex get Nex 2.0's shield? Perhaps he got it from the pond...or is Nex 2.0 simply possessing Breakout Nex and hiding his true identity?

We shall see, I guess.

~LTT~

I sense an evil power at work here! Frodo! You must take the shield to the firey depths of Mount Doom in Mordor!

"But the shield doesn't do anything."

Never mind then Frodo, never mind. Lazy hobbit.

And now you've made me think. How did Breakout Nex get Nex 2.0's shield? Perhaps he got it from the pond...or is Nex 2.0 simply possessing Breakout Nex and hiding his true identity? We shall see, I guess. ~LTT~

It's Nex 2.0, I'm sure of it.

We shall see... we shall see. Although really, if I was going to start having sets possess other sets, don't you think that would be kind of a big deal? =P Like, the sorta deal where I'd write about it?

-ibrow

“Stop it with the jokes.” Lewa Mata ordered. “It makes it harder for me to beat you senselessly.”

...that doesn't seem like the best way to motivate him to stop talking...

Vezok flinched as Turaga Onewa rapped him with it again, before taking a step towards him and falling flat on his face, snoring.

“There, that’s that dirty task taken care of!”

I kind of get the feeling that this comedy is one of those bizarre parallel universes where everything is the opposite of the way it is here. Turagas beating up Piraka only serves to reinforce that feeling. As well as be funny.

“Uh... well....” Turaga Onewa trailed off, too stunned to speak.

“Yes... please help us gather everybody.” Turaga Matau said. “Several of them have committed crimes and must be taken to jail.”

“No problem, I can do that.” the newcomer said, saluting them. “Just point out the ones you need and then show me the jail!”

“You don’t... want to know why?” Turaga Onewa asked.

“Nah, not really.” the newcomer said, shrugging. “I can ask you guys about it later. Just... convince the green guy I mean no harm.”

“Oh, we will, do not worry.” Turaga Onewa whispered, sharing a look with Turaga Matau. “Things are going very well indeed....”

It would appear indefinite detention without reason has made its way from the USA to the BZP Comedy Forum as well. All hope is lost.

Good chappy, brow brow. Turaga beating up Hero Factory Villains and Piraka is not going to get old anytime soon.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Glad you enjoyed the chapter, MT.

Now, for everyone reading, I have a pleasant surprise for you all with regards to Season 2!

I will reveal the Season 2 banner alongside the Epilogue this Friday, and it underlines one of the (as in, THE) most important conflicts this upcoming season!

For now, I have a teaser for you guys. You might've noticed that the logo was predominantly white and red in the promo banners...

It's not a huge change, but orange fits the bill of the Season 2 banner quite nicely, if you get where I'm going.

season_2_logo_version_beta.jpg

You might notice the text "fire rising". Well, up until this point, I don't think I ever gave Season 1 a proper subtitle.

Season 1 of The AfterWords is officially subtitled Lost Reclaim. Again, you need only ask if you wish for it to be explained.

Season 2 of The AfterWords is then officially subtitled Fire Rising. Ask if you wish - I will say right now that "fire rising" refers to an extremely important event in Season 2 that isn't related to the guys appearing on the banner.

See you all Friday!

-ibrow

Season 2 of The AfterWords is then officially subtitled Fire Rising. Ask if you wish - I will say right now that "fire rising" refers to an extremely important event in Season 2 that isn't related to the guys appearing on the banner.
You don't have to worry - if I were to keep any characters dead, it'll be them (probably). I'll never ressurect either of them (maybe), and neither will be shown in the comedy alive ever again (if circumstances permit). Now, you might read far too much between the lines of my post here, and begin to assume that I will be reviving/resurrecting/bringing back some previously dead characters.
*sigh*Would it be related to the guys appearing on the original banner, by some chance? :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

*sigh*Would it be related to the guys appearing on the original banner, by some chance? :P

Hmm... an exceptionally clever guess. However, I stand by what I said previously, for I am no liar (usually). "Fire Rising" does not signify Tahu Mata and Tahu Stars. I will confirm that right now.

It's simply an event that is going to occur - it could be a literal fire, it could be a set, it could be a brand new character - I wouldn't know, because I haven't written the scene yet.

-ibrow

Dear Tahu Mata,

I was disappointed by the results of our latest battle, but I was not surprised. I have long questioned over these past months whether there is meant to truly be a victor to this war – for are either of us so very different? I have had much time to contemplate, and I am beginning to believe that as much as I dislike the thought, as much as you might fight against it, we are truly, in the end, one and the same. Neither of us will give up our power, and both of us will fight for it to the death.

In the process, we allow the Bionicle sets around us to slaughter each other in a manner that this house has never seen. I have heard tales of smaller wars fought in this house, Tahu Mata, and I find it strange that this is the first time that sets have died. It is almost as if everyone, deep within their hearts, has been waiting for this all of their lives here. Almost as if it was meant to happen... almost as if some higher entity has planned this all out – the thought terrifies me.

Hero Factory has seized the Bedroom from my forces. Thanks to some quick thinking, we did not lose any sets to their power. I have since retreated to a new base – you will not discover what it is. This is for the best for my army and I. We will hide.

But don’t think that your men will just be left in the sunlight of victory, Tahu Mata – good luck dealing with the powerhouse that is Hero Factory. Meanwhile, my army and I... we will wait... we will watch... and when the time is ripe, Tahu Mata, we will rise. We will conquer you, and you will finally truly realize the depth of your poor decisions during this war. You cannot beat me.

I will not allow it. Yes, Tahu Mata, even if I must cheat once again... I cheated whilst fighting you once. I would gladly do it again to achieve victory.

-Tahu Stars, signing off

Epilogue – The Reveal

“Ugh... where are we?” Rocka asked, shaking his head slowly as he sat up. “It’s cold in here... my joints feel brittle.”

“We’re in some sort of cage.” Evo told him, shrugging. “I’m sure it’s not too big of a deal.”

“We’re in a cage?”

“Yes, that’s what I just said.”

“And you don’t think that’s a big deal?”

“No, not really... should it be a big deal?”

“We’re stuck inside of a cage after defying Lewa Mata and then physically fighting him.” Rocka said, exasperated. “I think we can be considering this a big deal.”

“It’s a problem to be sure, but I think it’ll be handled soon.”

“In a good way... or a bad way?”

“How am I supposed to know?”

“Both of you quit it with the arguing.” Black Phantom ordered. “It becomes rather annoying after a little while.”

“We need something to do!” Grey Splitface said.

“Yes, something that is lots of fun!” Red Splitface said.

“I believe this is the perfect chance to continue with my opera.” Black Phantom said.

“Please don’t, for the love of Tohu.” Rocka said.

“Holy smokes, it smells in here.” Thok groaned as he woke up beside the still unconscious form of Vezok. “Where on earth are we?”

“We’re in some sort of cage.” Rocka told him. “Lewa Mata has imprisoned most of us.”

“I notice Surge escaped... as did Nokama.” Thok said.

“Did they?” Rocka asked, glancing around. “Oh... it seems they did.”

“Where are we, anyway?” Thok asked. “I mean like, where is this cage?”

“I’m not sure.” Rocka said, scratching the back of his head. “Maybe the Kitchen... all I can tell is that we’re really high up.”

“That’s splendid.” Thok muttered. “Nobody here is afraid of heights, are they?”

“Red is afraid of heights!” Grey Splitface said.

“I am not!” Red Splitface snapped. “He’s just a big fat liar.”

“I am going to die in this cage, I can feel it already.” Black Phantom said, sighing.

“What’s up dudes?!” a voice yelled.

Rocka pushed Evo and Splitface to the side as he strode to the edge of the bars, coming face to face with an orange and white hero grinning through the bars. Rocka fought the urge to flinch or look down – despite the aura of power the hero seemed to emit, he couldn’t back down.

“Who are you?” he asked. “Can you help us?”

“No, I can’t help you. Not right now, anyway.” the newcomer said, shrugging. “I kind of kicked Lewa Mata’s butt as well as Nokama’s, so he’s still a little mad with me – but after that passes over, I’ll see if I can get you out.”

“That settles it – we’re in here for life.” Thok groaned.

“Wait, you beat him up and didn’t save us?” Rocka asked. “You just turned around and helped him?”

“Pretty much.” the new hero said. “I had no idea what was going on... besides, it sounds like you guys broke some pretty serious rules. I need to learn more about what’s going on before I decide whether or not I bust you guys out of here.”

“You still haven’t answered my first question.” Rocka said.

“He doesn’t have to, you numb skull.” Lewa Mata snapped, walking up from behind the orange hero. “We owe you nothing. But you... you owe me an apology. Every single one of you in that cage – and after the apology, you all owe me an explanation. And after the explanation, you need to help me hunt down Nokama and Surge.”

“Not happening.” Thok said. “You called me a name... again. How many times do I need to tell you not to insult me?”

“You can continue to tell me that Thok and I’ll continue to ignore whatever hubris you have while I insult you some more.” Lewa Mata said.

“That’s pretty rude.”

“Yeah, well... you aren’t so respectful yourself, Piraka.”

“Who is the new guy?” Rocka asked again.

“You don’t need to know his name.” Lewa Mata snapped again.

Rocka’s gaze narrowed as he stared at Lewa Mata. Despite how he was speaking, Rocka could tell that Lewa Mata was actually very, very afraid at the moment. Almost as if the orange hero was powerful... and Lewa Mata knew how dangerous even his name would be if given to his enemies.

“What’s your name?” Rocka asked the newcomer. “You strike me as a pretty powerful guy. Someone who doesn’t take orders from some skinny old fart like him... you’re a guy that gives the orders. You’re the guy that leads the charge.”

“No!” Lewa Mata cried. “No, he lies! Don’t listen to him!”

The newcomer glanced between Lewa Mata and Rocka for a moment, grinning slightly.

“You know, I like the sound of what you’re saying, Rocka.” the hero said. “Alright, you’ve earned that much. I can give you my name.”

“No, don’t give it to them!” Lewa Mata begged.

“My name...” the hero said, pausing for effect, “My name... that is a question isn’t it? My name is Nex.”

“Oh... that’s an odd name.” Rocka commented.

“It’s not that odd, Rocka.” Evo said from behind. “It stands for ‘next’. My name stands for ‘evolution’, you know.”

“Next evolution? That’s stupid.”

“It’s what we are though, isn’t it?” Nex asked. “The next evolution of sets in this house... you know, the ones after the giant civil war.”

“Alright Nex, we’re done here.” Lewa Mata said. “We have business elsewhere, come on.”

“See you guys soon... possibly.” Nex said, waving to the caged sets as he followed Lewa Mata away.

“Where is this place?” Surge asked.

“You don’t need to know that right now.” Nokama said.

“Why not?”

“You just... don’t.”

“What are those mounds of dirt?” Surge asked.

“Those are graves.” a female voice said curtly from behind him.

Surge turned, readying his sword before realizing that he didn’t have either of his weapons anymore... Lewa Mata must have taken them. Before him stood a blue Toa that was similar in build to Lewa Mata.

“Who are you?” he asked.

“My name is Gali Mata.” she said with a sigh, glancing at Nokama. “Are you sure he could be worth it? He didn’t even make it out with his weapons.”

“He’d only fought once before, and that was against Takanuva Stars.” Nokama explained. “I’ve decided to make it his decision. Give him the benefit of the doubt.”

“I’m glad I inspire so much confidence in you all.”

“It’s not about inspiring confidence right now, rookie.” Gali Mata said. “Right now it’s about whether or not you’re going to agree with what we’re about to tell you.”

“What is that?”

“Have you heard of Tarix, the Glatorian?” Gali Mata asked.

“I think so. He died fighting some invincible guy, didn’t he?”

“Invincible guy... yeah, I guess you could say that.” Gali Mata said, snorting.

“You’re being considered as his replacement, Surge.” Nokama explained, more calm than Gali Mata seemed to be.

“I’m replacing him for what? A spot in a group of cool people?”

“Yeah... something like that.” Nokama said ambiguously. “You know Takadox and Vezok?”

“Well, duh. Of course I know Vezok. As for Takadox... I think I’ve seen him once or twice.” Surge said, shrugging. “What of it?”

“They’re members too, Surge. You have to understand, you’re being told things of the utmost secrecy.” Nokama said, looking him in the eye sharply. “If you blab any of this to anyone, we will have to hurt you. Does death by tickle sound fun?”

“Not really.”

“I thought not... this isn’t just a club for cool sets, Surge. There are only ever six sets in it at one time – and Tarix was the first one to die. It’s taken us a long time to decide that we’d replace him, Surge. I saw potential in you when you fought against Takanuva Stars. That’s why you’re here... why I saved you and not... someone else.”

“Why not Rocka?” Surge asked. “He did better than me... in both fights.”

“Rocka can’t join.” Gali Mata said sharply, throwing a glance toward Nokama with an emotion Surge couldn’t identify.

“Why not?” Surge asked, turning to face her and cutting Nokama out of his vision. “Does this all have to do with fighting?”

“Somewhat, yes.” Gali Mata said. “But we need your confirmation before we tell you more, Surge – will you join us and help us take down Lewa Mata?”

“Of course!” Surge cried. “I’m not like Furno. I don’t turn my back on my friends just like that.”

“He didn’t turn his back, Surge.” Nokama told him, sighing. “He’s been brainwashed. He’s a target of ours too Surge, but a target for rescue. As soon as possible. There are a few others like him... you’ll get to know them soon enough.”

“So you’re in?” Gali Mata asked.

“Yes, I am in.” Surge said, nodding. “I will join this group. I want to take Lewa Mata down after what he did to my friends... and besides, they aren’t going to free themselves.”

“You’re right.” Gali Mata agreed. “Very well then. Let’s get started with orientation.”

“...orientation? What’s that?”

“Prepare yourself Surge.” it was all Nokama said as she and Gali Mata tossed their weapons to the side.

Surge stepped back nervously, bringing his hands up into defensive fists as he glanced around the Backyard.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“This is orientation, rookie.” Gali Mata said. “To pass, you need to fight both Nokama and I... and win.”

THE END.

TO BE CONTINUED IN...

THE AFTERWORDS: SEASON 2

the_afterwords_-_season_2_final_banner.jpg

As the dark powers of ALMIGHTY continue to spread through the House like a wildfire, Nex finds himself caught in the middle of a raging war where he can't be sure which sides are which, and the sets he can trust begin to dwindle like leaves in the Fall. With the arrival of the first wave of 2013 sets looming on the horizon, the Resistance resorts to a desperate full-on war with Lewa Mata and ALMIGHTY's servants, but at a great cost - for it seems there is one set that will not submit even to death, and refuses to leave the House in peace.

Nex 2.0's return marks a turn of the tides for both sides, as Lewa Mata struggles to remain in control and the Resistance struggles against the terrible crushing wait of fear that threatens to destroy them just as quickly as the infamous Hero Factory set. Nex finds himself quickly becoming isolated from the others, while Takanuva Stars struggles with a dark secret and Rocka fights to remain calm in the midst of his helpless imprisonment.

It is quickly becoming clear that the end of the Tahu vs. Tahu war was not enough to stop the tides of evil and war, and the sets are beginning to question whether anything can stop them. But the night is always darkest before the dawn, and as the dawn comes, a fire will rise.....

Wrong.

Midnight is the darkest, not just before dawn.

In any case, yay. Time to watch/read Nex pwn again. Woohoo! And Surge. Why wait to see him get pwned? And I wonder why its a group of blue people.

I wonder if there's an opposing group of red people, and they'll get into some kind of civil war that includes Puma's and Teamkilling.

Also, a bit off topic, but ibrow, Are you gonna be watching RWBY?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Wrong.

In any case, yay. Time to watch/read Nex pwn again. Woohoo! And Surge. Why wait to see him get pwned? And I wonder why its a group of blue people.

I wonder if there's an opposing group of red people, and they'll get into some kind of civil war that includes Puma's and Teamkilling.

Also, a bit off topic, but ibrow, Are you gonna be watching RWBY?

Clearly someone hasn't seen The Dark Knight, and thus doesn't get the reference. =P

There is not an opposing team of red people, but the Blue League (for that is their name) will indeed be involved in a civil war. Although technically in the House every single war is a civil war.

Yes, I will be watching RWBY.

-ibrow

“Ugh... where are we?” Rocka asked, shaking his head slowly as he sat up. “It’s cold in here... my joints feel brittle.”

“We’re in some sort of cage.” Evo told him, shrugging. “I’m sure it’s not too big of a deal.”

Usually not too big of a deal to me, either. I mean, it's happened so much in Zelda games I'm kind of used to it by now...

Surge stepped back nervously, bringing his hands up into defensive fists as he glanced around the Backyard.

“This is orientation, rookie.” Gali Mata said. “To pass, you need to fight both Nokama and I... and win.”

I've never been a part of any sort of military unit before, but I'm pretty sure beating the out of each other isn't a good way to hone your fighting skills.

You just ruined my favorite movie of all time for me.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Usually not too big of a deal to me, either. I mean, it's happened so much in Zelda games I'm kind of used to it by now...

I've never been a part of any sort of military unit before, but I'm pretty sure beating the out of each other isn't a good way to hone your fighting skills.

You just ruined my favorite movie of all time for me.

-MT

The Blue League is a little twisted that way.

Blue League.

That sounds so....surreal.

And yes, I do get the referencetaphor. But it's not really real. real real.

Really really real.

I'm going to agree with what MT said, except I'm going to add on that you're slowly but surely making me lose all hope in human kind at the same time.

-ibrow

I'm going to agree with what MT said, except I'm going to add on that you're slowly but surely making me lose all hope in human kind at the same time.

-ibrow

Really?You haven't met my mom, then.

Why would you? You're american. I live hundreds of kilometers away. And I call football, football.

Oh well. Be happy you haven't met my mom.....'s instagramed food.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Wrong. Midnight is the darkest, not just before dawn.
If you want to get technical about it, the sun begins to creep back around the planet's edge right after midnight - and the slightest bit of light showing would indicate the beginning of dawn. As such, it is darkest just before dawn begins.Proving Batman movies right WITH SCIENCE!Anyhow, I think it's hilarious that apparently the team of blue sets need a male member for some reason. Must be the fact that in this comedy, every female is an Action Girl for some reason, so they need someone to beat up on. :P Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

-ibrow

Really?You haven't met my mom, then.

Why would you? You're american. I live hundreds of kilometers away. And I call football, football.

Oh well. Be happy you haven't met my mom.....'s instagramed food.

I'm Canadian. Never mistake it. Also football is football, as in the Super Bowl.

Football is not Soccer, because Soccer is Soccer.

(Man I love being tolerant in the afternoon)

Wrong. Midnight is the darkest, not just before dawn.
If you want to get technical about it, the sun begins to creep back around the planet's edge right after midnight - and the slightest bit of light showing would indicate the beginning of dawn. As such, it is darkest just before dawn begins.Proving Batman movies right WITH SCIENCE!Anyhow, I think it's hilarious that apparently the team of blue sets need a male member for some reason. Must be the fact that in this comedy, every female is an Action Girl for some reason, so they need someone to beat up on. :P

It's not so much the gender as much as it's giving the blue sets in general a little more focus. I took the six blue sets that made the most sense and threw them at the spotlight.

Also, Takadox does a fine enough job as it is being the go-to beat up person for the league.

-ibrow

Also, Takadox does a fine enough job as it is being the go-to beat up person for the league.

I think you mean EXTREME ACTION TAKADOX.

-MT

Well MT... as it so happens, now could be your chance to give EXTREME ACTION TAKADOX the spotlight!

If there are enough of you (read: 4-5) who are interested in this, it could become reality:

tvt_contest_logo.jpg

Yes, The TAHU VS. TAHU Canon Contest. An unofficial contest with regards to this series, and an idea that has been buzzing around my mind since before the Downtime (in fact, if you were to browse through the posts from Tahu vs. Tahu: Aftermath, you'll see I once asked you all if you might be interested).

I've finally worked out all the details for myself, so now it's up to you guys whether or not this becomes a reality. The rules and such are below:

The CHALLENGE: Write a 1-4 chapter comedy starring characters from the comedies Tahu vs. Tahu or its sequel, The AfterWords, taking place at the House, that can fit into the established canon.

The Rules

1. Chapters must be of a substantial length (I'd consider this 300 at a bare minimum)
  2. It must fit into the already established canon!!
    • This means no "Tahu Mata meets Rocka and Evo" scenarios, and it cannot take place in the future! Ask in this topic or via pm if you're unsure!

[*]It must fit into the established timeline of events!!

• Double on the no "in the future" scenarios. This also means you can't have Tahu Mata, Pridak and Gali Nuva go on an adventure in the middle of Deconstruction. It just doesn't work. Ask in this topic or via pm if unsure!!

[*]It should center on at least 2 characters - no limits on who, barring of course where and when you decide to have it take place. [*]It CANNOT, I REPEAT CANNOT conflict with the plans I have for the future of the comedy! I will explain this more below.

The Recommendations

You are of course under no obligation to follow these; it's just a list of things to think about in order to make sure that your entry has the best chance of winning, and that if it does win it fits into the general style of the comedy.

1. Prose is recommended, as the only chapters in the series are the Interview chapters.
  2. Use characters that haven't been focused on in the main comedy (such as Carapar, Defilak, Kopaka Mata, vs. Tahu Mata, Ehlek, Avak) - this will almost guarantee that you can keep your writing for them from straying too OOC (out of character), which if severe enough would mean you can't win.
  3. Try and make your chapters a little longer - not a single chapter in the Tahu vs. Tahu series has been below 500 words.
  4. Spelling and grammar - make sure your comedy is readable. I will not review your entries for you before submitting them, but if you require a review you can let me know and I can get on of the CCC critics to do a review for you.
  5. Don't kill anyone off - this should be more of a rule, but if you decide to do an alternate perspective in a battle or whatever, who knows, right?

The Judging:

This will be done by myself, as the master and overlord of the Tahu vs. Tahu series. There are five main categories I will be assessing:

1. Timeline & Canon: Does your entry fit into the timeline of the series and the established canon without incident? Does it conflict with future story plans?
  2. Character: Do the characters stray too far OOC, or do you write them as they are in the comedy at that point in time?
  3. Humour: Is your comedy funny? I hope so, because this is comedies.
  4. Spelling & Grammar: Can I read your comedy, or do I have to go to Wal-Mart and buy myself some new eyeballs?

More on Future Plans:

This is a little bit of a sensitive subject, because I'm obviously not going to tell you what my plans are. However, I have roughly three more seasons planned, and that means you can't do anything that might ruin them. This mostly comes down to you not killing anyone off that isn't already dead, and if you re-write a character's death from another point of view, make sure it occurs in the same way. However, it could also occur in regards to the characters you use - if you bring in a new character (for example, Hakann) and have them meet, say, Evo, for the first time - check with me first. What if I plan for Evo to be introduced to Hakann in battle against him, and the two develop a bitter rivalry much like Tahu Mata and Tahu Stars immediately, but your comedy shows them meeting prior to that in good spirits? Messes with the flow, man.

Anyway, it's the decision of you guys. If there are just four of you interested in it, then I'll call it unofficially official, and you guys can begin writing until the deadline I provide. If you guys aren't interested, then I will slink away into the shadows, very sad.

But no pressure. =P

-ibrow

Meh...it seems like all the rules for this are kinda imposing on creativeness, particularly the last one.

What if this were to be set in some alternate universe? Say, an event that happened one way in TvT happens the exact opposite way in whatever the name of the thing we're writing is, and it's a "what if" scenario that plays off of that?

-Mt

XPufEB3.png?1

Meh...it seems like all the rules for this are kinda imposing on creativeness, particularly the last one.

What if this were to be set in some alternate universe? Say, an event that happened one way in TvT happens the exact opposite way in whatever the name of the thing we're writing is, and it's a "what if" scenario that plays off of that?

-Mt

It's called the "Tahu vs. Tahu Canon Contest" for a reason - the winning entry will essentially become official, and I'd treat it as part of the storyline. As I stated, it mostly boils down to not killing people. However, the alternate universe scenario doesn't really work out. I'm willing to modify the rules if it limits creativity that much though - and again, as a contest for it to become official story, those rules are sorta necessary.

If you're talking about the recommendations too, well, don't follow them. =P

-ibrow

Just popping into let you all know that a new chapter will be released this week! Several sets will be scared out of their minds, and the Piraka in particular will have a starring role!

After this chapter is released, the build up (and writing of) Season 2 continues - I'm expecting to release it the first Friday of April.

-ibrow

• 2 weeks later...

Methinks it's been a little more than a week...

Sshhh... nobody knows yet. The special is almost done, but I am now on vacation so it might take a little while.

iBrow runs on Ent timescales.

EDIT: I FORGOT MY SIGNOFF.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

-ibrow

The Ents and I are very aggreeable regarding the time, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh looky ibrow's got 4,000 posts.

Nice banner...although this comedy's fallen off the wheel since the middle of February (huh, exactly a month) I'm eager to see it back again.

I like the contest too, it'll give me stuff to do over spring break.

~LTT~

Yesh, the Fire rises!

Batman quotes working for me ftw

Oooh looky ibrow's got 4,000 posts.

Nice banner...although this comedy's fallen off the wheel since the middle of February (huh, exactly a month) I'm eager to see it back again.

I like the contest too, it'll give me stuff to do over spring break.

~LTT~

Unfortunately, the contest did not generate enough immediate interest - as such, the time has already passed where I had the time to run it, and the idea will have to sit for awhile.

Also I totally got that cool 4000th post without realizing it.

I have a Piraka Show in the works, and hopefully by April 1st (the release of Season 2) I'll have up to Chapter 6 done.