Strack's sprite shop

Van Hohenheim

Hey, did you know about this? I was just wondering because this was quite a big find for even someone who isn't exactly so Rayg acquainted like me. I figured you would want it because you have a whole workshop based on this kit.

That is actually an awesome find and will help alot in this shop

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hey, did you know about this? I was just wondering because this was quite a big find for even someone who isn't exactly so Rayg acquainted like me. I figured you would want it because you have a whole workshop based on this kit.

That is actually an awesome find and will help alot in this shop

You're welcome. Make sure you credit Maxtherax ok. Apparently he's the on who put together this Rayg compilation.

You're welcome. Make sure you credit Maxtherax ok. Apparently he's the on who put together this Rayg compilation.

I'd be more worried about crediting those who made the sprites in the first place, actually. And not to be criticizing anything, but a big BMP compilation can be rather hard to work with since the file is huge and the background's not transparent. I've got a folder full of Rayg sprites. I thought you had more than you apparently do, so I'll organize the sprites a bit and then make it a ZIP folder for you guys to download. I believe I have most of the worthwhile sprites from the old Rayg sprite kit thread before the archive started getting wonky, along with some I've found in various places outside of it. I'll toss in my custom ones as well.

I'd be more worried about crediting those who made the sprites in the first place, actually. And not to be criticizing anything, but a big BMP compilation can be rather hard to work with since the file is huge and the background's not transparent. I've got a folder full of Rayg sprites. I thought you had more than you apparently do, so I'll organize the sprites a bit and then make it a ZIP folder for you guys to download. I believe I have most of the worthwhile sprites from the old Rayg sprite kit thread before the archive started getting wonky, along with some I've found in various places outside of it. I'll toss in my custom ones as well.

Yeah, I'm starting to realize he didn't have credit for quite a few of these.

Here you go: Rayg 2.5 sprite compilation by yours truly. The download is 10.81 MB total. This ZIP archive has a bunch of expansions and customs with varying levels of credit noted. This is certainly not every Rayg 2.5 sprite that has been made, but it should be a fairly comprehensive kit for lots of things.Enjoy, and keep up the sprite work. But please stop resizing everything! It hurts to look at scaled, non-square pixels. :)

Here you go: Rayg 2.5 sprite compilation by yours truly. The download is 10.81 MB total. This ZIP archive has a bunch of expansions and customs with varying levels of credit noted. This is certainly not every Rayg 2.5 sprite that has been made, but it should be a fairly comprehensive kit for lots of things.Enjoy, and keep up the sprite work. But please stop resizing everything! It hurts to look at scaled, non-square pixels. :)

this will truly come in handy

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

10 MB of pure Rayg. Dude, you're awesome.

[primary color]= red

[secondary color] = grey

[mask] = Vahi-mouth peice on a kanohi hau

[mask color] = red/silver

[body type] = Toa Mata

[cape, bat wings, or feather wings] N

[weapon] = two classic tahu swords.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[primary color]= red

[secondary color] = bronze colored hands, like this

[mask] = Volitak

[mask color] = red, green highlights around the mouthpeice to look like turaga nuju's noble kanohi mask of telekenesis.

[body type] = Lesterin

[cape, bat wings, or feather wings] N

[weapon] = A green Rahkshi staff.

10 MB of pure Rayg. Dude, you're awesome.

I stand corrected 15.2 MB of pure Rayg.

Well, this is the first time I've quoted myself....

The Lesterin body is just the same as a Matoran, only it is non-canon because it was chalked up by the BZPRGP staff.

EDIT: Then again I could be wrong on the body shape of the Lesterin. You going to have to read about them again.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

The Lesterin body is just the same as a Matoran, only it is non-canon because it was chalked up by the BZPRGP staff.

EDIT: Then again I could be wrong on the body shape of the Lesterin. You going to have to read about them again.

Lesterin are the size of Toa.

Dang completely missed Toa draconix's request. oh well. glad you got it strack

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

But please stop resizing everything! It hurts to look at scaled, non-square pixels. :)

I really don't know what you mean here. they're square, I checked.

XD. You're Hilarious (I'm not making fun of you). I think just wants you stop resizing everything. Just keep some stuff as it is.

But please stop resizing everything! It hurts to look at scaled, non-square pixels. :)

I really don't know what you mean here. they're square, I checked.

XD. You're Hilarious (I'm not making fun of you). I think just wants you stop resizing everything. Just keep some stuff as it is.

ooooooh. the weapons, yeah. something went horribly wrong with it. methinks I fixed it.

edit: sprites!

the first: cust_20.png

the second: cust_21.png

Edited by Strack

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Yeah, see, those sprites are properly resized. They have uniform scaling on every part, and this allows reversal of the process too. Sometimes there are sprites like this, though, where you can clearly see resizing errors or just plain resize-mixing.flaredrick.png As a spriter, I'm generally against resizing a sprite for anything but previews anyways. It makes it so much harder to use it for other things (even if that is just looting parts for a different sprite) and if you resize while working on it (as the above sprite demonstrates) then the actual work becomes much harder and often of less quality. Spriters are recommended to work at a high zoom, but also keep a 1:1 preview in the corner if the editing program allows it. A sprite's final result is best seen at its intended resolution, with a zoomed version possibly highlighting the technique behind a certain part.

Yeah, see, those sprites are properly resized. They have uniform scaling on every part, and this allows reversal of the process too. Sometimes there are sprites like this, though, where you can clearly see resizing errors or just plain resize-mixing.flaredrick.png As a spriter, I'm generally against resizing a sprite for anything but previews anyways. It makes it so much harder to use it for other things (even if that is just looting parts for a different sprite) and if you resize while working on it (as the above sprite demonstrates) then the actual work becomes much harder and often of less quality. Spriters are recommended to work at a high zoom, but also keep a 1:1 preview in the corner if the editing program allows it. A sprite's final result is best seen at its intended resolution, with a zoomed version possibly highlighting the technique behind a certain part.

Hey now I will say i also zoom in on the sprite. The reason the weapon is that way is because what he wanted i could not find a rayg sprite for the weapon so i had to borrow it from from Chimoru kit. The smaller of the sprites are the original size and the larger ones are for the person can get a closer and better view of the sprite.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The smaller of the sprites are the original size and the larger ones are for the person can get a closer and better view of the sprite.

The smaller ones are scaled as well. You can tell by the relation between the leg pixels and the armor pixels. The armor s 1:1, while the leg looks to be 2:1, possibly larger.Zooming in also reveals that the foot is not uniformly scaled. The bottom line is thinner than the rest of the outline, and the same goes for the pixels on the curve at the tip of the foot. The top is 2x2 (indicating the 1 pixel outline at 2x zoom) while the curve just below is still just 1x1 pixel. If it was scaled to a full 2:1 (200% zoom), it would be 2x2 as well.The scale differences are visible on the outlines near the knee and thigh as well, plus the bottom part of the armor on the chest/abdomen and the mask's sides. If I'm not mistaken, this is a sprite scaled with the Nearest Neighbor algorithm (correct, prevents the sprite from blurring) to about 150% zoom (wrong, messes things up by not scaling everything equally).The style clash between the character and the weapon is also kinda obvious due to the colors and shades used, but the weapon itself is scaled correctly.I hope I don't hack too much into your work, I'm just trying to give you some tips for improvement.

yes, that'll be $100.

xD

sprites are free, I do them because I have time on my hands. here it is:

cust_22.png

Dang didn't even have time to read the post before you just snagged it

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

das right!

Lol well hopefully i have time to claim the next one

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Here you go Vox

[primary color]= crimson

[secondary color] = silver or grey

[mask] = Hau Mistika

[mask color] = crimson

[body type] = mata Toa or whichever suits bests

[cape, bat wings, or feather wings] No

[weapon] = Power Sword

Give me like 3 days. i should have it done by monday. and when you say crimson do you want a bright red or a darker one?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The darker red. In bionicle in can called Metru red.

Ok good to know. i will get started on this

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu