BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Tira

I leaned down and took hold of Viis hand in my own. Carefully walking at  a pace the blind toa could keep up with, I made my way to my favorite bar to visit after a days fishing. Sure we had made no progress today, but I felt tired nonetheless.

One inside I guided Viis to a table. I then took a look at the menu.

"So what do you want, food or just a drink?"

--IC: Viis--

"Just drinks, for now.  Lots and lots of drinks," Viis said.

It was a bad idea, because she hadn't had any breakfast beforehand, but she didn't care.

Ah, the clinking of drink glasses on the table.  One of Viis' favorite sounds.

As she groped for her glass, she answered, "It's a martial art that was developed for people who couldn't see.  Only a few folks have managed to do well at it, and they were more in tune with their other senses.  Not me, though.  I've been learning it the hard way."

She gulped down a good portion of her drink.

--OOC:--

By any chance, could this be the bar that Septima is also in?

"I wasn't always blind," Viis said, downing the rest of the contents of her glass and gesturing, hopefully in the direction of the bartender, that she'd like another drink.  "When I still had my eyesight, I loved to read.  Most of what I read was about science, but I read some other things, too.  I remember coming across Unseen Fighting in an encyclopedia.  It sounded interesting, so I studied more about it.  Then the, uh... accident happened, and I decided to put what I had learned about it to good use.

"Though it hasn't been going to well for me, as I've already said."

"Not unless one of my old science buddies is a secret master of it."

The sound of liquid sloshing into a glass met Viis' ears.  She reached for her glass, delighted to find that it had been refilled.  She took a sip.

"Tira, if there were any Unseen Fighting masters listed in that encyclopedia, I've long forgotten them.  Explosions to the eyes and several rounds of drinks tend to make you forget stuff."

Viis decided to ignore Tira's gaffe.  "I'm just practicing what I read in the encyclopedia, before I went blind," she said, "and it's not going so well.  That's the gist of it; I don't really feel like getting too technical."

She emptied her glass and gestured for another refill.

Compared to my friend I was still on my first drink. The rate she was going through alcohol worried me a bit.

"Well there's your problem, you're working to learn something off of half faded memories ... here's what you need to do, tomorrow you can sober up and then we can find the book you learned from, do you remember where you got it?"

"I'm actually- hic- I'm actually pretty sure that I bought that set of encyclopedias.  Though with the amount of trash in my house, it's gonna be a sore task- hic- finding them."

Hrrmph, I'm not fond of looking through a trash-heep of a house. I just know it'll be cramped. Still now was time for some fun. 

"Then I guess we can go look for them later" I said "for now though let's try not to get too drunk, ok?"

Finishing my first drink I considered signalling for a second, before remembering that I might have to take the position of responsible guide later. I ordered a water.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

"Alright..." Viis muttered, before taking another swig.

"So I've been- hic- talking a lot about myself; now tell me something about- hic- about you."

I slowly sipped my water. It was cool and refreshing, as could be expected of the village of water,

"Oh well ... I make my living fishing the larger sea life around the Wahi, stuff most Matoran are too small to catch, it's a problem free, carefree life"

Viis shuddered at the mention of Ruki fish.  "Oh."

How many drinks had she had?  Not enough, obviously; she was still bummed out about not finding an Arthron.  "Ano- hic- another," she called to the bartender.

OOC: Are you gonna PM Septima's owner then?

I considered saying something longer, but decided that lecturing a drunk was clearly a bad idea. 

"Well I guess I cant stop you then, but when life got hard for me I found that alcohol rarely helped"

"To- hic- to each their own, I guess," Viis replied, finishing off her drink.

--OOC:--

I already did.  Any time you wanna pop in, Timageness, you're welcome to.

I finished my water. Looked like Viis couldn't be helped right now. I decided to talk a bit about my past.

"This village was so much smaller when I first arrived here, I cold have never foresaw Ga Koro developing like this"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

"Well, that's- hic- that's what happens as time goes on.  Places change; people- hic- change; things change.  And with change comes progress."

Despite her drunkenness, Viis was still managing to contribute coherently to this conversation.  "Me too.  It's- hic- oddly satisfying to see all these different- hic- intertwined cultures just flowing so smoothly together.  I'm sure- hic- I'm sure that some places have real trouble doing what we've done."

I considered stopping and taking Viis home, but decided against potentially arguing with her drunken self. Instead I decided to continue on as if Viis was still sober.

"Speaking of, have you seen those people who arrived on the submarine, they've been here a while but I never had the chance to talk to them"

"Y'know, I've been hearing- hic- some things going around about some off-islanders, but it's all been a bunch of- hic- vague things.  Nothing concrete."

Edited by capMARVELOUS

OOC: Yeah, sorry about the wait. Server issues and writer's block have kept me from typing anything up until now.

Anyway, here you go. That can be Viis and Tira's table, if you want.

IC: Septima - Ga-Koro (Bar)

"My apologies, Miss, but I'm affraid I've been told that you're to be cut off."

It took the Fe-Toa a little longer than usual to reply, almost as if she was having trouble understanding the sentence.

Which was no surprise, considering the numerous amount of glasses her table had accumulated.

"But... why? I've been good for my orders so far, and it's not like... you'll run out anytime soon," she slurred.

The waitress simply shook her head.

"Management doesn't approve of us continuing to serve customers after they've reached a certain point in their partying or... self-medication," she said calmly. "Cuts down on hospital visits and the number of folks looking to make a scene. Please understand."

Burying her face in her hands, Septima simply forced herself to nod, eventually fumbling around for one last sack of widgets in order to cover the tip. Pushing herself back up and out of her seat, she swayed for a moment before finally succeeding in directing herself towards the door.

Looks like... I'll just have to find somewhere else to drown out my problems then...

Unfortunately for her, however, she didn't quite end up making it that far. After a few steps of stumbling forward, her foot abruptly caught itself on the leg of a nearby chair, causing her to trip and smash the side of her forehead into the edge of an adjacent table. Picking herself off of the floor, she quickly ran her hand along the surface of her mask, breathing a sigh of relief upon discovering that it hadn't been broken.

"I'm... okay," she said to nobody in particular, giggling a little at her current situation.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Oh dear, seems some other poor toa has had a bit too much alcohol and now they've smashed their head on my table. Good thing she didn't hurt herself so bad. Still ... maybe I should help her. But I already need to help Viis. Hrmm.

"Do you need any help miss?"