Twins

I am simply curious as for some research on a story, but was there anything in Bionicle on twins, or duos? The only things I could think of (or find from Biosector) were ofMata nui and makuta, as brothersTwin Bohrok Queens, Cadohk and Gadohk The twin suns of Metru Nui 6 seems to be a significant number in Bionicle, because of the elements, but has two ever been a number of significance?

There were those two Visorak that were formed in Chirox's laboratory at exactly the same time. :POr those two Vahki that went online at exactly the same time.

*ahem* All seriousness aside, the Bahrag are the closest thing we've got to "twins" in the BIONICLE Universe. Althought, since Glatorian/Agori/Skrall reproduce pretty much like we do, twins might be possible for them, though we've never seen examples of this in-story.

EDIT: Taking that into consideration, I always thought of Kirbraz and Scodonius as being twins, mainly because of their apparent rivalry despite being on the Kaxium V3 team together. But that's just me.

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Artakha and Karzahni were also created together and given similar duties by the Great Beings. All in all though, it's like you said - there was always more of a focus on groups rather than pairs.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The Toa Kaita always struck me as twins, and Mata-Nui and Makuta were polar opposites but still twin spirits in a sense.That's all that comes to mind, honestly. My knowledge of the lore is pretty rusty.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

There's Vezon and Vezok, which may be closer to what happens biologically with identical twins, although they're really different halves of the same original personality.

Of course, there are alternate universe copies too. There would be infinite numbers of alternate universes essentially identical to the main one, thus infinite identical twins. :P But yeah.

It's also theoretically possible for other powers to produce exact copies of beings. Even the mysterious machines that make Matoran might make two identical ones if the automatic randomizing system that we presume is part of it breaks.

And to the question of if the number two itself is important, would the fusion of Takanuva and Makuta at the end of MOL count? Not really twins, but it's different from the usual fusion of three in Kaita which comes from the number 6 of Toa Teams. Of course, if you have a whole team turn into Kaita, there's two as well.

Note that the Bahrag are not actually identical, at least not in color. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think that two, three, and six could be considered important numbers, with six being the most important. From a team of six, two Toa Kaita were created by two groups of three Toa. They often traveled in pairs or groups of three. There were six elemental tribes. On Metru Nui, the Civil War led to two groups of three districts fighting.

Similarly, seven is treated as a sort of oddity- Takanuva was apparently not a member of the Toa Nuva, and there was a definite wedge between the six Turaga of Mata Nui and Turaga Dume. It was more of a "six plus one" deal. Of course, this could also be attributed to both cases having the "plus one" as a newcomer.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.