Team Replacement's and Additions

Omega12

So, I have been on a quest lately to create representations for the "Around 50 Toa still alive". While creating so many Toa, I got to wondering, "How do these teams work when someone leaves?". Let me explain what I mean.

Matoro died, do you think his spot would get filled, or would it be left vacant, sort of as a way to say "This was out friend, he did what no one else could, he can never be replaced."?

Tahu was transformed back into a Toa Mata. Would he, being different, end up trying to become a Toa Nuva again? Would he end up being something similar to a Grand Toa (Because of being one of, if not the most, Powerful Toa in existence), and be replaced by a new Toa Nuva?

Takanuva is kind of a loner, but not really. Would he end up forming his own team?

Varian was actually on the same team as Norik long ago, would she end up joining the Toa hagah?

And finally Lesovikk, He doesn't think of himself as worthy to be a toa. Lesovikk has matoran partnering up with him. Would we possibly see his matoran companion(s) turn into Toa and force him to take up a leadership role again?

I know Tahu will still be part of the Nuva by title, because they are very good friends and a team and won't boot him just because he looks different. Takanuva is an honorary member with them, but he sticks around the Inika/Mahri a lot and might replace Matoro, but I don't think anyone else would replace Matoro. And they are currently with the gold skinned being so that's not an option now.

Varian, from what I know, is still trapped inside some container in the Great spirit robot so she is getting nowhere. But if she is somehow set free then it would probably be a yes.

And for Lesovikk, possibly, but he could be in some kind of trouble for "killing" Karzahni with the Toa so probably not.

My personal headcanon is that Varian eventually was freed and sought out Norik, then joined the Toa Hagah. Similarly, I'd like to see Macku become a Toa and join the Toa Mahri (supposing they've been freed from Goldie's influence by then, of course).

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Tahu was transformed back into a Toa Mata. Would he, being different, end up trying to become a Toa Nuva again? Would he end up being something similar to a Grand Toa (Because of being one of, if not the most, Powerful Toa in existence), and be replaced by a new Toa Nuva?

This one's easy to answer -- absolutely not! To become Nuva again he'd have to hop into a pool of energized protodermis and just hope it's magically his destiny to transform (the same way) twice... far more likely he'd be destroyed. That would literally be suicidal.

Also, even if there was an easy way to transform back (Mask of Life), the question seems to assume the others have some kind of need for everybody in their team to be a Nuva. There's no reason they would, and they also considered Takanuva to be part of the team, sort of, to the point that Dume's sending the six away without Takanuva was called "subtracting one-seventh of our power" by Kopaka. Admittedly they would like for his mask power of Shielding to be shareable, but having him wear it versus one of the collected ones the others have only gives a second or so of advantage (assuming they're in range of their Suva), so it's not essential.

In general, it depends on what the team is supposed to be doing (destiny, if they even know it), thus on whether they think they need others to join or not. I'd say there's no rule that they always have to have a certain number. It probably also depends on the element. Ice can be approximated now for the Mahri by Hahli making water and Jaller absorbing heat from it, then blasting the heat off in another direction. If they lost Hahli too, they might decide they need a replacement. As it is, they probably are too sensitive about their loss for any of them to suggest it, but might eventually.

The other Toa you mention could do anything from taking individual guard jobs in New Atero to forming some impromptu team for a special destiny, perhaps against a new foe, that we can't yet imagine. No way to tell, although Lesovikk would have to get over the fact that Velika is framing him for all these murders first.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

My personal headcanon is that Varian eventually was freed and sought out Norik, then joined the Toa Hagah. Similarly, I'd like to see Macku become a Toa and join the Toa Mahri (supposing they've been freed from Goldie's influence by then, of course).

It says on BS01 that the Marhi were freed eventually, this was confirmed by Farshtey.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

This one's easy to answer -- absolutely not! To become Nuva again he'd have to hop into a pool of energized protodermis and just hope it's magically his destiny to transform (the same way) twice... far more likely he'd be destroyed. That would literally be suicidal.

I think he was asking if Tahu would be accepted back to the team, at least by title, even if he wasn't technically a Nuva.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I think he was asking if Tahu would be accepted back to the team, at least by title, even if he wasn't technically a Nuva.

He never left the team. He's the team's leader. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It would depend on the team.

The tight-knit teams like the Toa Mata and Toa Ignika/Mahri probably wouldn't. Matoro hasn't been replaced (and I doubt that he ever will/would be). I suspect that if the Mata were to reunite, Tahu would be more than welcome among their ranks, plus, even if he lost a great deal of power, he still has the golden armor (right?).

Takanuva is sort of a Toa Nuva, but not exactly. I think he's powerful enough to go around on his own. I could actually see him replacing Matoro, as he had a very strong connection with Jaller (and he wasn't unfamiliar with numerous other members of the team from his adventures as Takua).

Lesovikk, on the other hand, seems destined to forever wander alone. Maybe he'd get some closure if his dead teammates come down from the Red Star (assuming they're alive up there), but I don't think he could handle being on a team. He's also pretty powerful, considering how well he fought against Karzanhi.

I can't see Varian partnering with Norik, as Norik is a member of the Toa Hagah, which is a clearly defined team of elite Toa, and all the members are alive. I think Varian, like Orrde and Zaria, is more likely join expeditions and groups as needed.

Edited by BobaFett2

The Legend Lives...

He never left the team. He's the team's leader. :)

I know that, but Omega12 apparently didn't. At least I think that's what he meant; I might've misunderstood him. :notsure: Either way, yes, Tahu is still the leader of the Nuva despite not technically being in Nuva form.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

No no, I understand that Tahu is the leader of the Nova. What I mean is that now he is different from everyone else. Would HE cause insecurities about this fact.In sure the other Nuva are very accepting of him.

Would he feel insecure about it? Probably. It depends whether the golden armor would still give him the powers of the Kraata he destroyed. If so, then he's more than made up for the weakness.

The Legend Lives...