Found this prototype?!

UngluedBike

I've seen the Manas prototype before, but I've never seen anyone actually owning it or posting pictures.

<C

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I don't know if those Manas were ever produced. A few months ago, some members were talking about the Trans-Blue Raus (seen on the red-eyes Manas crab) in this topic.

did anything become of it? would love to know the location of those manas.

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

well, does anyone know if it is possible to contact the employee that may/may not have it now? even if it is an ugly prototype, its still a must have.

Most prototype Lego parts are destroyed after they're no longer needed. I doubt these were deemed worthy of saving.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

well, does anyone know if it is possible to contact the employee that may/may not have it now? even if it is an ugly prototype, its still a must have.

Most prototype Lego parts are destroyed after they're no longer needed. I doubt these were deemed worthy of saving.

aah, well worth a try, but never mind. I will still contact lego purely out of interest though, I will post the result here if it's interesting.

hTeXGIU.png

Though Lyichir is probably correct, keep in mind that some prototype sets do still exist. For example, at least the masks for the prototype nui-rama exist, as well as the prototypes for several toa. And we cannot forget, of course, the mighty sand tarakava!

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Though Lyichir is probably correct, keep in mind that some prototype sets do still exist. For example, at least the masks for the prototype nui-rama exist, as well as the prototypes for several toa. And we cannot forget, of course, the mighty sand tarakava!

I want the sand Tarakava so bad.

hTeXGIU.png

Honestly, what bionicle fan wouldn't want to get their hands on the Sand Tarakava?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

We do have evidence that some prototype parts still exist, in the form of the parts themselves. However, we have little evidence of full prototype sets being kept together and saved any longer than the year of their release. And the majority of Bionicle prototypes that have been saved are the exception, not the rule, only being saved and released to the public because BZPower expressed that there was a demand for them among its userbase.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

Wow nice find! This is from before the sets were released im guessing.

Also whats a sand tarakava? Sorry

A sand Tarakava was a planned set from 2001 that was scrapped. It resembled a regular tarakava, only smaller and yellow. A total of 15 prototype Sand tarakava exist, making it really rare.

• Upvote 1

I've seen the proto-Manas before, but I've always wondered if people out there actually owned them. That said, I would only want one for those Raus.

But the Sand Tarakava is a different story. Was there ever a given reason for it not being a final product?

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I've seen the proto-Manas before, but I've always wondered if people out there actually owned them. That said, I would only want one for those Raus.

But the Sand Tarakava is a different story. Was there ever a given reason for it not being a final product?

Probably because it's just a yellow Tarakava, tbh. I'd imagine they were already pushing the amount of new pieces in new colors and whatnot (and the amount of total sets released) in the first year of Bionicle and they had to cut back SOMEWHERE, so they cut out the set that was basically just a smaller recolor of another one.

The text is in Swedish, for those who care. Reads as follows:

BIONICLE

The drama on Mata Nui continues...

Nothing will stop the Toa from completing their mission!

Chapter 1: (Launch in February 2001)

On the tropical island Mata Nui reigns the evil Makuta. But six mighty Toa come to Mata Nui with the single goal of finding and defeating Makuta, and reestablish the peace on Mata Nui.

Chapter 2: (Launch in April 2001)

The Toa are helped by the Turaga, Mata Nui's priests and priestesses. The Turaga are very wise, and fantastic storytellers. It is only they who can help the Toa find the masks of wisdom and defeat Makuta.

Chapter 3: (Launch in September 2001)

The Toa are faced with dangerous obstacles while they attempt to find Makuta. They must watch out for deadly scorpions, big tigers and Kane-Ra, the malevolent, legendary bull - together one of the most horrible teams you can imagine!

Pretty much a short brief of the early story, much like the final text we got in the LEGO magazine when it advertised each line of sets.

Edited by Katuko