Set Review: 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace

70803_Cloud_Cuckoo_Palace_Review_teaser.

We've got one more LEGO Movie set review for you (until the next sets come out, that is!). Today BZPower Forum Assistant Sisen looks at <a href='http://amzn.to/1dAsmEk' target='offsite'>70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace</a>, featuring the amazing and adorable Unikitty! Is this set all sunshine and rainbows? Or is it going to rain on your LEGO Movie parade? You'll have to read and watch on to find out!

View the full article

This review was...pretty sparse. Decent overview, though. Personally this is my favorite of the winter wave of the Movie sets, and the only full set I've managed to get. Between Uni-kitty, all the cool and unusual parts and colors, Uni-kitty, the better of the two Emmet variants, Uni-kitty, Executron, Uni-kitty, and....have I mentioned this set has Uni-kitty, this set was the "must buy" set for me. I love it. Lots of cool little spare pieces too.

It's not without faults, of course. It's kind of an odd case of a system set with empty-back syndrome, though you usually can't tell. I'm also slightly bothered by the gray gear parts--I really wish they could have come in brighter, more fitting colors, because they clash pretty badly in some angles. These are really very minor complaints, however. It's a great set and one I would recommend to anyone.

(I do wish that Benny had been included in this set, maybe instead of Executron or Wildstyle, because the fact that he's only available in two sets, in the second wave, the cheapest of which seems like it'll easily be a 100 dollars, and the other over 200, is a bit disappointing. Not really a complaint about this set in particular, but I do think Benny would have fit well here. )

Edited by dotcom
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I'm getting this set asap

must have a Uni-Kitty

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I may have to grab this one. Uni-kitty is just... Well, um, I don't know but I must have a Uni-kitty. Plus I like wyldstyles design and emmit is pretty cool.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

While the overall review is decent, if short, I do take issue with the assertion that Emmet is "pretty much the same as the other sets he's featured in". In fact, while most of him is the same, his face in this set is only in one other set—the Piece of Resistance polybag.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This review was a little lackluster. Good photos, but not enough of them. Not only is there no photo of the box, but the catapult does not appear in a single one of the photos except the last one, where it's semi-concealed behind Wyldstyle and Executron.

Anyway, Unikitty is the best!