RPG Forum Contest 31

Black Six

Yep, me. I'm still rewriting what I lost, but I've also put a bit of time into preparing City in the Dark (Contest 28) and The Web (contest 30) to possibly be re-entered.

Quick poll: which would people rather see entered? One of those two or Kojol's Legacy, the one I talked about in the planning topic? That's just the story in there, but the rest can be up soonish.

City in the Dark. Why? I just happen to like it better than The Web, and Kojol's Legacy seems to cove a tad too much ground the way I see it.

Despite the joking nature of your comment, I would absolutely adore this, to be honest. Having the chance to use "In the name of Annah the Allmaziful, the Everliving, the Bringer of Plurabilities, haloed be her eve, her singtime sung, her rill be run, unhemmed as it is uneven!" as the introduction for a character would be simply glorious.

Well, I'll probably have a lot of time over the summer. Unfortunately, such an RPG could not run on for too long; my attention span is too short to work it out fully.

Can we all take a moment to gaze upon the genius who put together those absolutely amazing scenes.

Because Darkon is an amazing writer.

Yes, I think we can. And on a slightly related note, I finally got a review up for the RPG that accompanies said scenes. You three certainly did good work on this one.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Yep, me. I'm still rewriting what I lost, but I've also put a bit of time into preparing City in the Dark (Contest 28) and The Web (contest 30) to possibly be re-entered.

Quick poll: which would people rather see entered? One of those two or Kojol's Legacy, the one I talked about in the planning topic? That's just the story in there, but the rest can be up soonish.

City in the Dark. Why? I just happen to like it better than The Web, and Kojol's Legacy seems to cove a tad too much ground the way I see it.

Because I included the other three islands besides Xia and Stelt in the locations section? Fair cop, I wondered myself whether that was really a good idea. The plan was always to keep the action confined to the main two islands, and only venture outwards with a group or two if the plot called for it. The others were included just to keep that option open.

But City in the Dark, you say? Well then with two for it and none against, I think I'd better go that way then. For now at least, we run on a public vote contest system, so what the poll says goes. I'll focus my effort there and submit within the next few days.

ppg2.png

So, City in the Dark is up! Even though it may look very similar to the version entered in contest 28, there has been quite a bit of re-shuffling behind the scenes. (This, I suppose is the problem with mysterious RPGs: most of the effort and cool stuff that goes into them can't actually be seen in the entry. But I digress...) The main upshots of this are that I'm much happier with my plans to run the game (if it wins) and that there is no longer necessarily a villain puppet (though there could be, I'm not giving away any plot clues yet).

If anyone wants to act as staff for the game, shoot me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to work with you.

ppg2.png

Wow it's even more epic. These guys are like experienced RPG hosts.

True, and they're all very good RPs.

This is a flying city attacked by demons vs a submerged city of timetravellers vs a city of minor elements attacked by mutants vs an underground city being attacked by I-wish-I-could-tell-you-what-but-I-promise-it's-great!

Setting-wise, this contest really can't be faulted.

ppg2.png

Or at least the insanest. (Insane in the best way possible, of course.)

Any bets on who'll lose out?

Nope, it's much too hard to call from where I'm sitting.

Outbreak has the advantage of an already-established player base who seem to be enjoying it.

Midnight City has such good writing and a team of good GMs.

Parallel has time travel, for goodness' sake!

City in the Dark has the longest name. And the biggest banner. And also whatever you happen to like in RPGs because I'm not ruling anything out yet as what is behind the mystery. Just assume what you like is in there.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Outbreak has the advantage of an already-established player base who seem to be enjoying it.

Midnight City has such good writing and a team of good GMs.

Parallel has time travel, for goodness' sake!

City in the Dark has the longest name. And the biggest banner. And also whatever you happen to like in RPGs because I'm not ruling anything out yet as what is behind the mystery. Just assume what you like is in there.

In the event of victory, it's possible that it might not even all be contained to back story... :D

While I'm far more interested in what players can come up with, I've got some pretty nifty little things to toss into the main plot as well. I'm hopeful for getting a chance to try them out.

Really, though - even with the small number of submissions, this contest does at least promise to yield some quality work.

Wow it's even more epic. These guys are like experienced RPG hosts.

True, and they're all very good RPs.

This is a flying city attacked by demons vs a submerged city of timetravellers vs a city of minor elements attacked by mutants vs an underground city being attacked by I-wish-I-could-tell-you-what-but-I-promise-it's-great!

Setting-wise, this contest really can't be faulted.

Why not fuse them all together?

We do have a lot of cities, don't we? The forum would do well for "Cities" as a contest theme.

Especially the now proposed city floating over an underwater pit which is secretly in an underground lake that's being attacked by an unseen menace (who are actually time-traveling mutant demons). Hubert, you better write this.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

So, I just had an idea for an RP, and decided to drop by to see if there was a contest going on.

Best get to writing NOW. :P

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.