RPG Forum Contest 31

Black Six

So, I just had an idea for an RP, and decided to drop by to see if there was a contest going on.

Best get to writing NOW. :P

Hey, it's good to see you around again. :)

That being said, you've got like... I think a day. xP

Best of luck.

It's been a long time since I've been here.

Worst case scenario, I'll dust off one of the older ones I have stored. But right now, I'm writing up a world where the Morbuzakh has taken over, and is all that is known. The fight against it has long since ended, and The World became Quiet...

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Look upon my works and despair.

I'm twelve and what is this; I literally can't even.

Oh look, you broke me. :P

Well, now that this has happened, it looks like my Finnegan's Wake RPG is going to have to be even weirder than I expected. But how...

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I'm rushing to finish this tonight, I can feel my brain slowly melting in my skull.

I better have something presentable at least.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Look upon my works and despair.

I'm twelve and what is this; I literally can't even.

Oh look, you broke me. :P

Well, now that this has happened, it looks like my Finnegan's Wake RPG is going to have to be even weirder than I expected. But how...

No matter how weird you try to make your RPG, I will top it.

*groaning noises*

Welp, I suppose I saw this coming. The World became Quiet isn't going to be entered this contest. My rush to finish it burned me out, and now I've lost all interest in finishing it. I'm going to post what I have in the planning topic, and try to remember to vote for you guys this contest. I'll probably set an alarm on the phone. Best of luck to all of you, and remember! Rushing at the last minute won't always work. :P

<3

Well, A Journey of Sand, Stars, and Spirit is up! Yes, this is that linear RPG I was talking about in the discussion topic. Yes, it's short. Half the work is behind-the-scenes, getting my Quest Guide ready and setting up timeframes, unlocks, and ironing out the details now rather than later. :P

But hey, I got it up. I wasn't sure that would even happen, but inspiration hit. :)

E: Banner is now in existence!, C&C would be welcome. I'll see if I'm in the mood and have time to hit upon all the other RPGs up, just to get the poor review topic a little more love. :P

Zakaro

Edited by JustZakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

And stays open for a full 4 days. I can see why people would need the extra time to make up their minds. This contest is quality over quantity.

Well I wouldn't call mine quality in the usual sense.

It's more QUALITY. Allcaps.

Don't let fame inflate your already over-inflated ego.

That said, good luck to all contestants!

Edited by Just Norik

No, brand loyalty is not ftw. In contests like this one, it is not a good thing at all. I realise that I am a benefactor of it in this case, but I'm going to say this anyway.

Games should be judged on their own merits, not on any relationship with the author. That just turns these contests into a popularity game, not the quality-control mechanism for RPGs that they are meant to be.

• Upvote 3

ppg2.png

We wouldn't need an overhaul if the RRA and others would stop showing brand loyalty.

That's not necessarily true. Taking out brand loyalty would certainly help with the "popularity contest" aspect of the problem, but it wouldn't do much in terms of helping the declining interest in the contests themselves.

Edited by Pears Nivans

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Can you really stop a group of people from wanting to support their friends?

No. I can only hope that a group of senior roleplayers on the forum would be mature enough to set aside their feelings for a person when judging their work. Supporting games to win that don't actually have a group of people wanting to play them will only lead to those games dying, and so decrease activity across the forum. I would have hoped that these people would support good games over whatever their friends come up with.

Evidently my hopes were misplaced.

That's not necessarily true. Taking out brand loyalty would certainly help with the "popularity contest" aspect of the problem, but it wouldn't do much in terms of helping the declining interest in the contests themselves.

It would stop games from being voted in that didn't actually have a player-base, just a friend-base. Choosing games that people actually wanted to play would have to be good for activity.

Oh. I am an cool dude.

I voted for it because I want to play a Makuta too. So there's that. If Hubert made the RPG boring or extensively rail-road for example, I wouldn't vote it.

I have nothing against voting for games that you would want to play, no matter who was submitting them. This is exactly what the contests should be like. The problem comes when other factors come in over how much you like the game.

ppg2.png

No. I can only hope that a group of senior roleplayers on the forum would be mature enough to set aside their feelings for a person when judging their work. Supporting games to win that don't actually have a group of people wanting to play them will only lead to those games dying, and so decrease activity across the forum. I would have hoped that these people would support good games over whatever their friends come up with.

Evidently my hopes were misplaced.

If they're willing to play the RPGs, it doesn't matter how good the RPG is. An RPG is only as good as its playerbase, after all. That friend-base does generally imply more players. My biggest issue is when people vote without actually being willing to play any of them (if you can only play one, that's not a problem - you're voting for ones that might play if they win; if you won't play at all, don't [expletive] vote).

That aside, I'm aware that I'm not exactly the most popular member of the forum; significantly less so than around the time Waves of the South, when I actually pulled of 1st place. For me, I take that as a challenge to simply make better RPGs - there's nothing good that come out of complaining about it. And even when an RPG doesn't win, it simply means more time as a player, which allows more practice in the roleplaying element.

Also, RRA. I didn't realize the RPG forum had a union, but I suppose it was inevitable nowadays. :P

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)