Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Now that I think of it, this will bring a lot of new people to BZP. I wonder how it will split up the site into gen 1 and gen 2.

That's an interesting point... BIONICLE: The Next Generation!

Haha oh goodness...now I feel really old! But...does this mean that the forums will be flooded by a bunch of "Well kids, back in my time"-esque posts?

• Upvote 1

BIONICLE fan since '03!

Now that I think of it, this will bring a lot of new people to BZP. I wonder how it will split up the site into gen 1 and gen 2.

Haha oh goodness...now I feel really old! But...does this mean that the forums will be flooded by a bunch of "Well kids, back in my time"-esque posts?

Please no... How about instead of that, we teach those "kids" how great Bionicle used to be by answering their questions and stuff, instead of reminiscing about how things used to be, which will probably turn them off the whole idea...

• Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Please no... How about instead of that, we teach those "kids" how great Bionicle used to be by answering their questions and stuff, instead of reminiscing about how things used to be, which will probably turn them off the whole idea...

Completely agree. Splitting the site is the worst that can happen. We already have enough strife on controversial issues here. Not integrating new users would

1)Split the site, causing strife, which is not desirable.

2)Make us look bad.

That's not a good scenario.

• Upvote 2

Completely agree. Splitting the site is the worst that can happen. We already have enough strife on controversial issues here. Not integrating new users would

1)Split the site, causing strife, which is not desirable.

2)Make us look bad.

That's not a good scenario.

Oh I couldn't agree more! I was in no way supporting that idea, merely speculating. Of course, there will always be some divide, intentional or not, between first and second generation BIONICLE lovers. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, though! I think that what's important is that we don't allow ourselves to forget what brought as all together in the first place; a mutual love for BIONICLE.

After all, it isn't what makes us different that's important, it's what unites us that makes us strong.

Edited by Cub

BIONICLE fan since '03!

The first of the Bionicle virtues is Unity, and I think we'll have to take that to heart if and when new members join our community.

• Upvote 6

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Very true.

One of the reasons so many BZPowerers stayed even when Bonkles ended was the community. It was inclusive, warm and friendly.

And we must strive to keep it that way. It's what makes BZPower worth it.

Truth has been spoken!

Hype insurance...

Considering that I'm still clinging to the roof of the flying, speeding train that is apparently going at hypersonic speeds, I might need to invest in some of that.

Although, since Bonkles coming back is pretty much a dead certainty, I only need to invest in the storyline coverage rather than the entire package.  

• Upvote 3

Hype insurance...

Considering that I'm still clinging to the roof of the flying, speeding train that is apparently going at hypersonic speeds, I might need to invest in some of that.

Although, since Bonkles coming back is pretty much a dead certainty, I only need to invest in the storyline coverage rather than the entire package.  

Welp, since it is possible that the new Bionicle sets may be HF-simple-ized, I suggest going for broke. :P

Hype insurance...

Welp, since it is possible that the new Bionicle sets may be HF-simple-ized, I suggest going for broke. :P

Well, I still plan to buy at least some of the new sets, no matter how good/bad/ugly they may turn out, so I won't completely go for broke...

• Upvote 1

Man I am really excited. I plan to buy the first wave but I don't think I'll be as obsessive as I was with the originals...though I'm a huge completionist so I might have to anyways :)

Agree right with you. I also plan on buying duplicates, just to support the theme. Gonna start working at Target soon as "Sales Team Member" too, so maybe I can get the employee discount ;)

Also I plan on getting my younger cousins (hes 6) hooked on to this theme, since he has already enjoyed playing with a couple of my assembled HF figures before. :D

Edited by AdaptingChaos
  • Upvote 2

In honour of the memory of the original Bionicle's memory, I'd buy the new sets, regardless of how they turn out, but if the story's rubbish, I'm not going to be happy. 

• Upvote 4

So, I got tired of waiting around for more leaks or whatever, and sent a charming little email to Lego. The transcript follows as thus:

"A lot of rumours have surfaced recently regarding the return of the popular theme Bionicle sometime in 2015. At one point, searching Bionicle on this site redirected to a "coming soon" page, but this has since been reverted. I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to give comment on the validity of these rumours?"

What do you think my chances are of getting a useful response, or a response at all? 

• Upvote 1

Slim to none. I think they might respond, as not doing so would just make everybody more suspicious, but their response will likely be along the "cannot confirm or deny" line that they've mostly been following. You might get a subtle hint or they might slip up and say something revealing, but those chances are a million to one.

• Upvote 1
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Slim to none. I think they might respond, as not doing so would just make everybody more suspicious, but their response will likely be along the "cannot confirm or deny" line that they've mostly been following. You might get a subtle hint or they might slip up and say something revealing, but those chances are a million to one.

I actually thought as much when I sent it, but it's worth I try, I guess. Someone has to get lucky, surely...

• Upvote 1

Man, you're making it hard for them. Don't make it hard for them.

What if they get annoyed at us? Then they'll give us sub-standard sets. :o

Jk they're not spiteful.

But your chances are close to zero.

You had me scared for a second there. I was envisioning the Stars all over again. Am I really making it hard on them? I would have said they've been making it hard on us, with the leaks, and the website, and the constant no-commenting every time we ask them something. Especially when the entire internet knows that it's coming back! And yes, I am getting frustrated with this whole thing...

• Upvote 1

Well, here's something from Lego at last.  Or from Lego through Greg.

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/387

Read the fifth post -- I have yet to figure out how to link to a specific post.

~W.12.~

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/387

~W.12.~

So, they say they were doing "maintenance on the site". But what kind of maintenance would be needed that could accidentally change the search result only for "Bionicle"? 

Edited by Toa Of Virtues
  • Upvote 4

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

~W.12.~

I believe this is 100% true. They were definitely doing maintenance on the site (you know, getting the BIONICLE stuff ready) but they didn't mean to for us to find out. We stumbled across the page, word started to spread, and they realized what happened, so they quickly patched it. I guess for all intents and purposes that could be considered a glitch. 

This my friends is what we call a coverup.

• Upvote 8

BIONICLE fan since '03!

Who said it only affected Bionicle?  Honestly, who looked up Galidor in that time?  Or Jack Stone or Power Rangers, or Slizers, or Dino Attatck.... I could go on all day.  Maybe it affected other old, forgotten themes.  And before anyone reminds me that I did look up Galidor, I only did that after the correction.

~W.12.~

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Who said it only affected Bionicle?  Honestly, who looked up Galidor in that time?  Or Jack Stone or Power Rangers, or Slizers, or Dino Attatck.... I could go on all day.  Maybe it affected other old, forgotten themes.  And before anyone reminds me that I did look up Galidor, I only did that after the correction.

~W.12.~

ttv podcast looked up a ton of discontinued themes and found no "coming soon" it only showed up for bionicle to my knowledge.

• Upvote 3

Oh.

Okay, so it could have been a Lego employee who thought Bionicle was coming back.  At least, that's what I thought until Lego said it was maintenance.  Now, odds are it's inadvertent confirmation of the Return.  Boy, did Lego hit a wall with that one. 

Bionicle 2013 is coming.....

~W.12.~

• Upvote 2