Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

Who said it only affected Bionicle?  Honestly, who looked up Galidor in that time?  Or Jack Stone or Power Rangers, or Slizers, or Dino Attatck.... I could go on all day.  Maybe it affected other old, forgotten themes.  And before anyone reminds me that I did look up Galidor, I only did that after the correction.

~W.12.~

do you mean these power rangers? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lLsdaCVk3Kk/TTTAG2US1FI/AAAAAAACF5E/nVoYsOOmuDM/s1600/scg011711_1714_34.png    because these are mega blocks, i have the yellow ranger, these are not lego

Edited by spectral rain

Er, how did Power Rangers get in the list of old themes?

Actually, I started it as a list of random things.  Then I decided a list of old themes was better.  Didn't realize Power Rangers was still there.

And the whole Bionicle 2013 thing-- that post was full of mistaeks.

~W.12.~

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

What if next year's Ninjago (If it's staying, that is) will be constraction-based, and all of these Bionicle leaks are just to put us off the scent? Some ZX Ninjas could actually be pulled off fairly well using the parts introduced in this year's Chima constraction sets. 

*HYPE TRAIN derails*

Nah, I'm kidding.

*HYPE TRAIN sets off again with a turbo boost*

This train must have a lot of fuel. Because it's going to be going for quite a while. As in, about another 4 months.

Personally, I feel that if Bionicle will use HF heads, the Brain Attack head is the most likely option, seeing as it has slots for both masks and helmets and is also the newest non-specially moulded CCBS head. Heads with the mask as a part of the head would be terrible, and so I hope that Lego won't go down that road.

• Upvote 3

VBWj75sh.png

What if next year's Ninjago (If it's staying, that is) will be constraction-based, and all of these Bionicle leaks are just to put us off the scent? Some ZX Ninjas could actually be pulled off fairly well using the parts introduced in this year's Chima constraction sets. 

*HYPE TRAIN derails*

Nah, I'm kidding.

*HYPE TRAIN sets off again with a turbo boost*

This train must have a lot of fuel. Because it's going to be going for quite a while. As in, about another 4 months.

Personally, I feel that if Bionicle will use HF heads, the Brain Attack head is the most likely option, seeing as it has slots for both masks and helmets and is also the newest non-specially moulded CCBS head. Heads with the mask as a part of the head would be terrible, and so I hope that Lego won't go down that road.

Personally, I want to see more humanoid faces. What fun is it having beings that can remove their masks, only to have a bare head underneath?

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2

Honestly When I started hearing the rumors I thought of the Starcraft 2 announcement, but instead of Tychus it's Tahu who says "It's about time!" If it's real and we get commercials I might just make a video of it.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing. There's no denying I'd love to revisit Bionicle and the places and characters I love so much. That being said, It's guaranteed to be a different experience because I'm older, and Lego has changed its approach to story driven products. I finally saw some Chima and Ninjago and they definitely had a "Saturday Morning Cartoon" vibe. That's not a bad thing, but if the story has the wrong tone for the situation I'll be annoyed. If Greg is on board that will help the transition from old to new. Based on Hero Factory it seems like the multi media spread will still be around, which is part of the reason I liked Bionicle in the first place (but the games better come on android...). It will be harder for me to get the comics since I haven't read Lego Magazine since 2008.

I would prefer a far future continuation. I wouldn't even mind if they ret-conned some of the more minor things from the end to make it cleaner/clearer. There are just so many fascinating things that a continuation could address. There could be tensions between Agroi and Matoran due to differences between their cultures. I've been wanting to see New Atero ever since I heard the characters were to build it. A reboot is OK but it's retelling a story of which its primary mystery, who/what Mata Nui was, has already been revealed. Any old/new fan could technically look up spoilers of Bionicle 2.0 by looking at Bionicle 1.0. I would not like to see an alternate universe. By the time the last episode of Dark Mirror came out I was sick of that trope.

Most importantly I want it to feel just as immersive as it did in 2001 with the Mata Nui Online Game. If it can do that, I think this effort will be successful.

• Upvote 1

I don't really understand the skepticism. I mean, for 10 years I saw people see leaks of Nuva

"Fake and terrible"

Leaks of Rahkshi

"Fake they all look the same"

Leaks of Toa Metru

"SO fake why would the turaga be toa? Try harder"

and so on. Honestly, being on a hype train is fun because even if it turns out it was nothing (which I doubt) the community pooled together with some really awesome ideas, conversations, and made new connections. I've been back for 2 days in like 5 years and already have been connecting with so many people who are all much older and yest still the same. 

I think Bionicle will come back, and if you are discouraged by the thought of crushing disappointment well then I say throw caution to the wind because what fun is life if you're too scared? And it's not like it's a huge deal anyways. Bionicle comes back, yay. Bionicle doesn't come back well then we move on and continue to let Bionicle be a huge part of our lives!

• Upvote 7

I was really bored and suspicious, so I looked up anything I could think of in the Lego S @H search bar.  I looked up Bionikle (actually spelled like that) and I found an old FAQ where Lego said they had no plans to bring back Bionicle.  Why haven't they taken that down?  I doubt it would spark new rumors; who notices that old thing anymore?  I only found it because I looked up everything possible -- even elcinoib (Bionicle backwards).

Just a thought.  They took down the message on LMB.

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

I wish people would stop asking greg about leaked information. He obviosally cant reveal anything and we always scrutinize his answers so much looking for possible slip ups it kind of annoying.

wait are you saying it was taken down or it is still up?

• Upvote 3

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

I was really bored and suspicious, so I looked up anything I could think of in the Lego S @H search bar.  I looked up Bionikle (actually spelled like that) and I found an old FAQ where Lego said they had no plans to bring back Bionicle.  Why haven't they taken that down?  I doubt it would spark new rumors; who notices that old thing anymore?  I only found it because I looked up everything possible -- even elcinoib (Bionicle backwards).

Just a thought.  They took down the message on LMB.

I noticed "that old thing" a few weeks ago, and I've been checking it basically every day to see if it changes. Yeah, I have no life...

I wish people would stop asking greg about leaked information. He obviosally cant reveal anything and we always scrutinize his answers so much looking for possible slip ups it kind of annoying.

wait are you saying it was taken down or it is still up?

There used to be a post on the LMB (Lego Message Boards) saying that Lego has no plans to revive Bionicle. It was taken down quite some time ago. The Bionicle section in the FAQ (frequently asked questions), however, does remain the same. Hope that clarifies things.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hello, I'm new here...

Anyway. I've been into Bionicle a lot of my life (I'm 15) and now that I see rumors of it returning, naturally, I was hyped.

I fell off the hype train around SDCC when rumors were that they'd unveil it there, but didn't.

I took a hit, and drifted away from lego altogether, with my only links back to it being Lego Marvel Superheroes.

And then this S@H thing happened, and, using the SSB4 hype train to catch up, I'm back with Bionicle!

• Upvote 2

Hello, I'm new here...

Anyway. I've been into Bionicle a lot of my life (I'm 15) and now that I see rumors of it returning, naturally, I was hyped.

I fell off the hype train around SDCC when rumors were that they'd unveil it there, but didn't.

I took a hit, and drifted away from lego altogether, with my only links back to it being Lego Marvel Superheroes.

And then this S@H thing happened, and, using the SSB4 hype train to catch up, I'm back with Bionicle!

Welcome! And yeah Bionicle was a huge part of my life as well (Im 16 now) LOL

But basically you should join all of us on this #HypeTrain and never fall off, as Im sure it'll start to speed up faster in the next coming weeks. :P

The anticipation is killing me! I need more leaks or an official conformation or something!

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hello, I'm new here...

But basically you should join all of us on this #HypeTrain and never fall off, as Im sure it'll start to speed up faster in the next coming weeks. :P

Oh, I'm here to stay. And the speed isn't an issue, have you seen the Smash Bros hype train? :P

• Upvote 1

The hype train cannot be stopped! It. Will. Not. Be. Stopped. At the speed we're going, we'll plough right through the sceptics and haters and leave them writhing in the dust!

I got way too emotional there, but who can blame me?

BIONICLE IS COMING BACK!

NO ONE CAN STOP IT!

NO ONE CAN STOP US!

AND NO ONE CAN STOP THE HYPE TRAIN!

In actual news, the Brickipedia page for Bionicle considers Bionicle's return to be a given, and I just discovered that Octodad's topic about BZ's future made it onto this site's homepage.

lol. Personally im exited to see BZPower like it was in the old days. I joined after bionicles "death" so i never experienced the Huge community that BZPower was.

• Upvote 2

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

lol. Personally im exited to see BZPower like it was in the old days. I joined after bionicles "death" so i never experienced the Huge community that BZPower was.

Ditto. But that would also mean a lot more server crashes, and the higher risk of hacks for BZP. It's so weird, I have a neighbor who is into Hero Factory, and he was born after Bionicle ended. Wow I feel old...

• Upvote 3

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

It really is weird. I know how you feel. Everyone else I know from my chil of dhood only really got into the sets and a bit of the main story. I only found Bioniclestory.com 2008/9-ish, and nerded up on years worth of serials and podcasts, but I was the only one who did that. Then it all ended, and everyone I knew moved on... Except me.

The funny thing is, I don't regret it. Because now it's back, and I get to enjoy it all over again...

I got my first set in 2002.  Don't know when I started the story, (I think I found Bionicle Story.com around 08) but I now have a practically encyclopedic knowledge of Bionicle.  You should see the documents folder on the computer I'm on right now -- almost every file is about Bionicle.  There was a time it seemed I only ever thought about Bionicle.

And once again, NatoGreavesy says what I'm thinking.

Hello, I'm new here...

Oh, I'm here to stay. And the speed isn't an issue, have you seen the Smash Bros hype train? :P

LOL I personally have not been on that train, but I have seen and heard alot of stuff on that specific game ever since E3 and Evo!

Edited by AdaptingChaos

I got my first set in 2002.  Don't know when I started the story, (I think I found Bionicle Story.com around 08) but I now have a practically encyclopedic knowledge of Bionicle.  You should see the documents folder on the computer I'm on right now -- almost every file is about Bionicle.  There was a time it seemed I only ever thought about Bionicle.

The first Bionicle I ever handled was Gali Nuva (my brother's) in 2006, but I didn't become a fan until late 2007-early 2008. First set was Strakk, purchased December 2008. Got Mistika Gali that Christmas ;)

Mine was in 2005 with Hordika Matau :D 

(i secretly love them..) :P

You never forget your first Bionicle: Tahu Nuva.

So of course I'll have to buy the new version of him when it comes out. It's kind of a must.

Yeah. Onua Nuva was either my first or second Bionicle, but I do remember that Christmas.

He's gonna be first off the shelf for me.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

You never forget your first Bionicle: Tahu Nuva.

So of course I'll have to buy the new version of him when it comes out. It's kind of a must.

Haha, mine was Gahlok-va.

My parents' first impression of it: "...that's it?!"

Ok, now this has gotten off-topic. The discussion for your first set is here.

Whoops, sorry didn't see your post before I posted mine XD

Edited by Waaja
Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

I can barely contain my excitement...this might just prompt me to buy my first LEGO since October 2013.

And make me start writing stories again.

And spike activity on BZP.

I'm so excited I'm actually in disbelief that my 10-year old self is finally coming out of the ashes and into a bright future.

No brakes allowed.

~LTW

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!