Quick Q about the Protocairns

As you know, Protocairns have natural Rhotuka launchers mounted on their shoulders. My question is, what powers do their Rhotuka have? BS01 doesn't say.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

It's possible their powers could vary from individual to individual.

That can happen if Protocairns are sapient. Are they sapient?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Do we even know if they do have Rhotuka launcher? That might just be "artistic licence", like the Krana on Eliminator. BS01 doesn't seem to say that they even have Rhotuka launchers in the story. :notsure:

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

I think they just included the Rhotuka just because they were made from the combining of Hordika, and therefore it'd be really silly not to include the main function into the combo model (just like the Frostelus, although Biosector does state that since they are sapient, their powers do vary a lot). But the Gate Guardians weren't given powers, or the Chute Lurkers, or the Cable Crawlers even though they had Rhotuka in their sets. :notsure:

As far as the Protocairns' intelligence... it's kinda hard to say, but personally I think no. Biosector refers to them as Rahi (not necessarily a good point, but still) but considering their history of coming ashore just to tear apart the landscape, I'm not seeing a lot of intelligence.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

It's possible their powers could vary from individual to individual.

That can happen if Protocairns are sapient. Are they sapient?

I'm not aware that that's a requirement. But if it is, being formerly sapient could be enough. The Hordika each got a version of their elemental powers, and the Hordika venom was slowly making them more animalistic. If it had changed them entirely into animals (I don't know that it would have gone that far, but for sake of discussion :P), they probably would not suddenly get all the same power. The power might change, but probably to six different things. :shrugs: Same idea could be in play here.

But probably the simplest theory is just a long-range version of a Fire-related power, since they also breathe fire, or some other destructive power with about the same effect. Something that would help them destroy buildings and land.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Remember to post quotes, not just link to them. [Edit: I see you did just that in the Greg topic... that'll do lol.]

I was about to close this as answered, but it did occur to me that it's not clear if this would apply to Vahki too. :shrugs: Sounds that way though.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Remember to post quotes, not just link to them. [Edit: I see you did just that in the Greg topic... that'll do lol.]

I was about to close this as answered, but it did occur to me that it's not clear if this would apply to Vahki too. :shrugs: Sounds that way though.

I may have missed something, but what Vahki are you referring to?

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5