Keetongu (10 / +0 / -2) 8

Onewa (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Gali (13 / +0 / -0) 13

The Oncoming Storm 45

Lariska (12 / +0 / -3) 9

Kohrak-Kal (9 / +0 / -0) 9

Nuparu (12 / +1 / -0) 13

Onua (13 / +1 / -0) 14

Recap: In an unbelievable turn of events, U4 gets edged by one point in its second straight game as the Oncoming Storm narrowly clinch their first victory. Though the team chemistry between Nuparu and Onua was a bit lacking, it still gave the Storm just enough of a boost to overcome their opponents.

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks 70

Tahu (13 / +6 / -0) 19

Jaller (10 / +3 / -0) 13

Lhikan (13 / +8 / -0) 21

Vakama (13 / +4 / -0) 17

The Robotic Toa 68

Kopaka (11 / +7 / -0) 18

Nuju (12 / +6 / -0) 18

Matoro (13 / +5 / -0) 18

Kualas (7 / +7 / -0) 14

Recap: Scoring a league-high 70 points and featuring an astonishing performance by Lhikan, the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks narrowly defeated the heretofore dominant Robotic Toa. In the end, it may have been the newcomer Jaller (recently traded from U4) who made the difference, as he strengthened the Tahtoraks' already fire-heavy squad.

Bionicle Strikers 37

Matau (10 / +1 / -2) 9

Lewa (12 / +3 / -3) 12

Pohatu (15 / +0 / -0) 15

Varian (2 / +0 / -1) 1

The Enlightened Shadows 30

GregF (9 / +0 / -0) 9

Hewkii (10 / +0 / -3) 7

Norik (6 / +0 / -0) 6

Helryx (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Recap: In a particularly low-scoring match overall, the Bionicle Strikers handed yet another defeat to the Enlightened Shadows' squad, despite a disastrous performance from Varian. The Shadows struggled once again to scrounge up points, a weakness which may be their eventual undoing. With such a dysfunctional squad, trades may be a factor in the near future.

Metru-Nui Time Force 51

Whenua (13 / +2 / -0) 15

Bomonga (8 / +6 / -0) 14

Nuhvok (6 / +5 / -0) 11

Hahli (11 / +0 / -0) 11

Team Chryptic 41

Kongu (12 / +5 / -0) 17

Iruini (8 / +6 / -0) 14

Lesovikk (14 / +3 / -0) 17

bonesiii (3 / +0 / -0) 3

Recap: With a markedly different squad than the one they played in their last game, the Metru-Nui Time Force used their team chemistry and a reliable performer (Hahli) to get the job done in Game 3. Team Chryptic employed a similar strategy, starting 3 players with the same affinity, but unfortunately their support player (bonesii) was unevenly matched against Hahli.

---

Alright, I am now accepting lineups for Game 4! We're already almost halfway through the regular season, and the Tahtoraks are the only undefeated team remaining.

I would also just like to say that, from this point forward, there will be no lineup substitutions after you've already PMed me your lineups. All lineups sent to me must be final.

Edited by Fighty

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

GG, TR, GG.

- :burnmad:

Congrats! That hurts. Two points! Perhaps we will meet again in the finals. Maybe I shouldn't have traded Lhikan away, but then I'd be using Khorak instead of Matoro.

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

You know, I am not sure there is anyone who actually wants anyone from my team, however if there is a player you are interested in, I am willing to trade

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Another clarification (sorry to bog you guys down in all of these, but I keep thinking of game-breaking loopholes), you cannot trade players who are in your lineup for the upcoming game. So, if one team were to send me a lineup with Hewkii in it, they couldn't then trade Hewkii until after the game. Otherwise, they could use him, trade him, and then another team could end up using him in the same game. 

My apologies for double-posting, but since it is new content I assume I'm allowed to do so.

Anyways, without further ado, here are the

GAMEDAY FOUR RESULTS

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia 26
Gali (13 / +5 / -4) 14
Naho (5 / +4 / -2) 7
Tuyet (4 / +4 / -3) 5

The Robotic Toa 16
Dume (10 / +3 / -4) 9
Tahnok (4 / +2 / -6) 0
Kohrak (7 / +0 / -0) 7

Recap: U4 rebounded from a couple of frustating defeats to beat the Robotic Toa by ten points, due in part to the solid team chemistry of their water-heavy lineup. The Robotic Toa's undermanned squad turned in a historically low 16 points, featuring the league's first ever scoreless performance (Tahnok).

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks 43
Takanuva (14 / +0 / -0) 14
Lhikan (11 / +2 / -0) 13
Jaller (9 / +3 / -0) 12
Pahrak (4 / +0 / -0) 4

The Enlightened Shadows 31
Nidhiki (9 / +0 / -3) 6
Krekka (9 / +0 / -0) 9
Norik (7 / +0 / -0) 7
GregF (9 / +0 / -0) 9

Recap: In a "tale of two cities" match, the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks continued their undefeated run while the Enlightened Shadows' failed to clinch their first victory. Hurt by their lack of team chemistry, the Shadows simply could not produce enough points to stay competitive, with not a single player finishing in double digits. With this loss, the Shadows are officially eliminated from playoff contention, while Ta-Metru clinches a spot in the playoffs.

Bionicle Strikers 43
Lewa (13 / +2 / -0) 15
Matau (9 / +3 / -0) 12
Nikila (7 / +0 / -0) 7
Pohatu (15 / + / -6) 9

Team Chryptic 39
Kongu (7 / +1 / -2) 6
Iruini (9 / +1 / -3) 7
Makuta (17 / +0 / -0) 17
Jovan (9 / +0 / -0) 9

Recap: In a heartbreaking four point loss, Team Chryptic falls to the Bionicle Strikers. Team Chryptic was hampered by low-end production from all of its players except Makuta, who finished with a game-high 17 points. The Bionicle Strikers were once again aided by the team chemistry of Lewa and Matau, with Pohatu also providing a healthy point boost, despite being weakened by Kongu and Iruini.

Metru-Nui Time Force (L)

The Oncoming Storm ~30 (W)
Lariska (12 / +0 / -?) 12
Kohrak-Kal (6 / +0 / -?) 6
Lehvak (5 / +1 / -?) 6
Zaktan (5 / +1 / -?) 6

Recap: Perhaps it's a good thing that the Metru-Nui Time Force failed to show up to its match, seeing as analytics projected the Oncoming Storm to get no more than 30 points this game. Nevertheless, the Oncoming Storm have now "broke even," having won as many as they've lost.

-----

Alright, I am now accepting lineups for Game 5! Those lineups will be due by 12:00am EST on Sunday, July 13th. Just in case y'all have forgotten, all of my times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST). I would hate for y'all to miss a deadline just because you forgot about time conversion.

Anyways, we're nearing the end of the regular season, and the field of playoff contenders is still wide open! Speaking of playoffs, I thought I might offer this by way of reminder: the four teams with the best records in the league advance to the playoffs. Winning 4 games (or more) essentially guarantees that you will make the playoffs. Losing 4 games (or more) means you are eliminated from playoff contention. With only 3 games left, it's all "do or die" from this point forward.
Edited by Fighty

So here's a question? If I am eliminated from playofff contention, does that mean even if i somehow win future matches, which i likely won't, that they will have no real importance/value?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So here's a question? If I am eliminated from playofff contention, does that mean even if i somehow win future matches, which i likely won't, that they will have no real importance/value?

Essentially yes. You're in the position the Philadelphia 76'ers and Milwaukee Bucks found themselves in last season in the NBA when they (very quickly) discovered that they were not playoff-bound. You can still try to win some games just for the fun of it. And it should be noted that while your games don't mean all that much for your team, they mean a lot for your opponents. Right now every win is crucial, so stealing a victory from an opponent could eliminate them from playoff contention as well.

It should also be noted that you still have a roster full of potentially valuable players. While they may not mesh well with each other, I could see some of your players proving very useful to other teams' rosters. So if you want, you may try to doctor up some trades. 

Edited by Fighty

Since I received all PMs ahead of time, I decided to go ahead and post the results for Game 5.

GAMEDAY FIVE RESULTS

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia 43

Axonn (16 / +0 / -0) 16

Keetongu (10 / +0 / -0) 10

Onewa (10 / +0 / -0) 10

Gali (13 / +0 / -6) 7

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks 53

Tahu (14 / +4 / -1) 17

Jaller (10 / +3 / -2) 11

Vakama (9 / +3 / -1) 11

Recap: In their fifth consecutive victory, the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks convincingly beat U4 by ten points, once again channeling their nigh-unstoppable fire-based offense. U4 kept it close, though, with nearly all scorers finishing in double-digits. A strong showing from Axonn wasn't enough, however, and U4 has suffered another disappointing defeat.

Bionicle Strikers 9

Black Six (8 / +0 / -0) 8

InnerRayg (4 / +0 / -0) 4

Varian (2 / +0 / -5) -3

Metru-Nui Time Force 39 

Whenua (13 / +4 / -3) 14

Bomonga (8 / +2 / -1) 9

Nuhvok (1 / +4 / -3) 2

Krakua (14 / +0 / -0) 14

Recap: In easily the league's worst performance ever, the entire Bionicle Strikers' squad failed to put up more than ten points. Varian was especially weak, delivering the league's first negative final score. With this 30-point win, the MNTF have put themselves in good position to potentially clinch a playoff spot with a win in Game 6. 

The Robotic Toa 69

Kopaka (12 / +6 / -0) 18

Nuju (12 / +4 / -0) 16

Matoro (17 / +4 / -0) 21

Kualas (8 / +6 / -0) 14

The Oncoming Storm 33

Lariska (12 / +0 / -0) 12

Kohrak-Kal (6 / +0 / -0) 6

Lehvak (6 / +2 / -0) 8

Zaktan (5 / +2 / -0) 7

Recap: In a true return to form, the Robotic Toa rebounded from their disastrous previous performance to post their highest team score ever. The Oncoming Storm failed to garner even half of the Robotic Toa's score, and with this loss they could be eliminated from playoff contention in Game 6.

Team Chryptic 57

Lesovikk (13 / +1 / -0) 14

Kongu (8 / +3 / -0) 11

Makuta (18 / +0 / -0) 18

Jovan (14 / +0 / -0) 14

The Enlightened Shadows 32

Nidhiki (7 / +0 / -0) 7

Helryx (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Zaria (7 / +0 / -0) 7

GregF (10 / +0 / -0) 10

Recap: On the brink of elimination from playoff contention, Team Chryptic rallied to throttle the Enlightened Shadows, handing the struggled squad yet another defeat. Makuta and Jovan were particularly deadly, both living up to their full potential, with Kongu and Lesovikk delivering effective team chemistry.

----

Game 6 is going to be especially crucial, as many, if not all playoff spots will be decided. The Oncoming Storm, Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia, and Team Chryptic all face elimination from playoff contention while the Bionicle Strikers, Robotic Toa and Metru-Nui Time Force all look to clinch spots in the postseason. The regular season is very nearly at a close! Remember to have your lineups in to me by 12:00am EST on Tuesday, July 15th.

Yes, they will need to be rested on the first game of the postseason. But here's an interesting note about the postseason: if a team wins its semifinal series in two games, without needing a 3rd game, then all of their players will be automatically rested for the finals. Whereas if they play 3 games in their semifinal series, they will need to rest any players that have played 3 consecutive games in the semifinals.

Oops, sorry about the Nuhvok thing, I forgot about that.

Never mind my trades, then. Bonesiii is up for trade. Preferably a player with affinity for Stone or Air, or even Shadow (though that's far less likely).

Edited by ChroXumo

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'll go ahead and post this since I've received all lineup PMs.

GAMEDAY SIX RESULTS

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia 47

Axonn (16 / +0 / -0) 16

Keetongu (10 / +0 / -0) 10

Onewa (12 / +0 / -5) 7

Gali (14 / +0 / -0) 14

Bionicle Strikers 42

Lewa (14 / +2 / -3) 13

Matau (10 / +3 / -1) 12

Pohatu (10 / +0 / -0) 10

Nikila (7 / +0 / -0) 7

Recap: In a hard-fought match, U4 beat the Bionicle Strikers by a mere five points, saving itself from playoff elimination. The whole Ussals roster performed extremely well, with nearly all of them finishing in double-digits. 

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks 44

Lhikan (11 / +2 / -0) 13

Vakama (12 / +2 / -3) 11

Pahrak (6 / +0 / -0) 6

Metru-Nui Time Force 44

Whenua (12 / +3 / -0) 15

Bomonga (8 / +5 / -0) 13

Nuhvok (5 / +5 / -0) 10

Hahli (10 / +0 / -4) 6

Recap: In a close, well-fought match, the Metru-Nui Time Force tied the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks. Due to the tiebreaker rules of the league, MNTF is awarded the victory. However, as these rules were not clearly defined at the time the game took place, Ta-Metru is also awarded an honorary victory, maintaining its undefeated streak.

The Robotic Toa 77 

Kopaka (16 / +8 / -0) 24

Nuju (12 / +5 / -0) 17

Matoro (17 / +4 / -0) 21

Kualas (8 / +7 / -0) 15

Team Chryptic 40

Jovan (14 / +0 / -0) 14

Iruini (6 / +2 / -0) 8

Lesovikk (12 / +1 / -0) 13

Avak (5 / +0 / -0) 5

Recap: The Robotic Toa floored Team Chryptic with a new league-high 77 points. Matoro and Kopaka were particularly lethal, both finishing with over twenty points. With this gruesome defeat, Team Chryptic has been eliminated from playoff contention.

The Oncoming Storm 41

Lehvak (7 / +0 / -0) 7

Nuparu (9 / +2 / -0) 11

Onua (14 / +3 / -0) 17

Zaria (6 / +0 / -0) 6

Enlightened Shadows 36

Krekka (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Helryx (8 / +3 / -0) 11

Gaaki (8 / +3 / -0) 11

Norik (6 / +0 / -0) 6

Recap: In their sixth consecutive loss, the Enlightened Shadows fall to the Oncoming Storm, who were bolstered by admirable performances from Nuparu and Onua. With this win, the Oncoming Storm save themselves from elimination from playoff contention, and have put themselves in position to possibly clinch a playoff spot in Game 7.

-----

Alright, there is one game left in the regular season, and three playoff spots remaining. I realize now that I misled you all when I said that getting 4 wins would guarantee you a playoff spot. While getting four losses definitely means you are eliminated from playoff contention, getting 4 wins does not necessarily mean that you are guaranteed a playoff spot. At this point, the only team that we are sure will be in the playoffs is Ta-Metru, although the Robotic Toa and the Metru-Nui Time Force are strong candidates.

If, at the end of the regular season there are not clearly four teams with the best record, there may be one or two "wild card" play-in games to determine playoff standing, similar to the NFL playoffs.

So, to sum it up: Those who get 4 losses are definitely eliminated from playoff contention (Enlightened Shadows, Team Chryptic). Those who get 5 or more wins are definitely guaranteed a playoff spot (Ta-Metru Tahtoraks, possibly the Robotic Toa and Metru-Nui Time Force). Those who get 4 wins are guaranteed to at least play in a "wild card" play-in game, which could earn them a playoff spot.

Alright, one game left! Please send me your lineup PMs by 12:00am EST on July 17th.

Edited by Fighty

Ummmmmmmmmmm....

Craaaaaap. So sorry. I swear I always check weaknesses and affinities and I can't believe I missed that.

Well, then... the game is tied. And as I stated in the original rules, tied games go to the teams that picked later on in the draft. So MNTF still wins. But that was a horrible mistake and I am terribly sorry.

Edited by Fighty

Ah-ah-ah. In the rules, you stated that as the tiebreaker for postseason positions. Not once did you say what would occur in the event of a tie in an individual match. =P

But I digress. Portal needs the win more than my ego does. =P

- :burnmad:

As soon as I wrote that I realized my mistake. My intention was to have that tiebreaker rule apply to both the postseason positions and regular season games. I realize now that I never clarified that for the latter.

Really sloppy showing from me as GM, my apologies. If you want I can give you an honorary win and expunge the loss so you can keep your undefeated record. Not that it necessarily matters for anything beyond bragging rights.

And ironically I'm not even going to use that system to decide postseason positions anymore, since I've decided to go with what I consider a more fair approach with the "wild card" games.

Edited by Fighty

Looking for takers of Lewa, Matau, and Varian, since I'm pretty guaranteed to not be in the playoffs. =P Possibly Pohatu too, if people want him. =P

Actually, it's a bit unlikely, but if everyone whose record is currently 3:3 loses, then you still have a shot at being in the playoffs. Not likely, but still.