So what happens to the teams that were eliminated? Are we pretty much safe to just leave the topic once the playoffs start? Afterall i doubt even if you do another round of this game that we will be able to keep current team rosters?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'd love to do another season, with teams being able to keep a considerable amount of their roster, but unfortunately I think the demands of college / social life will probably overshadow the time I would normally devote to BZPower. So yeah, once the playoffs start you don't need to be around anymore, really.

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

I see how it is, raise out hopes and crush them.. *smirks* but really thanks for the awesome game man, I hope that in the future you will host a similar game.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Oh, don't worry, Vox. Someone else will take over BCL, and Fighty will eventually return with another game. This cycle will almost surely continue until the site is taken down. =P

- :burnmad:

And let's hope that the site is never taken down, for that will be a dark, dark day

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Hello all. I realized that I kind of dropped the ball a little bit by not reminding you that lineups were due by midnight yesterday. Currently, I only have 2 lineups sent to me. While I could go ahead and do the write-up, having only 2 active participants would make for a pretty dull Game 7. As such, I am setting the new deadline for midnight tonight. Please have your lineups sent to me by then.

If I have any players that anyone wants I am open for... negotiations.

Basically I'll trade players for Mafia favors. Like... not killing me in a certain game. Or something. Since I can't enter into alliances in any other way, it seems.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

GAMEDAY SEVEN RESULTS

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia 44

Axonn (15 / +0 / -0) 15

Keetongu (10 / +0 / -0) 10

Onewa (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Nokama (11 / +0 / -0) 11

Metru-Nui Time Force 40 

Vezon (13 / +0 / -1) 12

Krakua (13 / +0 / -0) 13

Hahli (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Pouks (7 / +0 / -0) 7

Recap: It was the Time Force's chance to definitively clinch a playoff spot, and sadly they fell just short, with U4 edging them by just 4 points. Every member of MNTF struggled this game, with Vezon turning in a particularly mellow performance.

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks (L)

Bionicle Strikers 50 (W) 

Lewa (12 / +1 / -0) 13

Matau (13 / +3 / -0) 16

Pohatu (12 / +0 / -0) 12

Nikila (9 / +0 / -0) 9

Recap: Having already clinched their playoff spot, the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks didn't even bother showing up to their final game, and with this win the Bionicle Strikers clinch a wild card appearance. This is the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks' only regular season loss, if you don't count the Game 6 debacle.

The Robotic Toa 74

Kopaka (14 / +5 / -0) 19

Nuju (11 / +6 / -0) 17

Matoro (15 / +7 / -0) 22

Kualas (9 / +7 / -0) 16

Enlightened Shadows 39

Helryx (8 / +3 / -0) 11

Gaaki (8 / +3 / -0) 11

GregF (9 / +0 / -0) 9

Hewkii (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Recap: It was a valiant effort, but in the end the Enlightened Shadows were simply no match for the stellar Robotic Toa. The Robotic Toa turned in their second consecutive 70+ point performance, with Matoro remaining insurmountably effective with 22 points. 

The Oncoming Storm 46 (W)

Lariska (12 / +0 / -0) 12

Nuparu (11 / +1 / -0) 12

Onua (14 / +1 / -0) 15

Zaria (6 / +1 / -0) 7

Team Chryptic (L)

Recap: Resigned to defeat, Team Chryptic didn't even bother showing up to its final game. The Oncoming Storm clinch a wild card appearance with their automatic win.

---------------

And just like that, the BCL regular season has drawn to a close, and the playoffs are just around the corner! However, before we can move on to the semifinals, we must first participate in the wild card games! 

There are two contenders who are definitely heading to the playoffs. Taking the number one spot are the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks, with an impressive 6-1 record. Right behind them are the Robotic Toa, who came in at 5-2. This leaves the third and fourth playoff spot open.

1. Ta-Metru Tahtoraks

2. The Robotic Toa

3. ?

4. ?

There are four teams that finished with a 4-3 record, and so they will be squaring off in two wild card games to decide the remaining playoff spots. The winning team with the higher margin of victory will be given the third spot and will face off against the Robotic Toa in the semifinals. The winning team with the smaller margin of victory will be given the fourth spot and will face off against the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks in the semifinals.

These are the two wild card games:

Bionicle Strikers v.s. Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia

Metru-Nui Time Force v.s. The Oncoming Storm

Lineups for the wild card games are due by 12:00am EST, Saturday, July 19th. So approximately 24 hours from now. It should be noted that, since I didn't originally plan on the wild card games, these games have no effect on the rested-ness of your roster.

Once the wild card games are over, and the remaining playoff spots are decided, I will begin receiving lineup PMs for the first playoff game. These will be due by 12:00am EST on July 21st, which is also the trade deadline. All trades must be completed by that time.

It should also be noted that there will be 24-hour intervals instead of 48-hour intervals between each playoff game, as I am planning on finishing BCL by next Saturday (I am attending a conference and will be gone a considerably long time).

You know I can't say I am dissapointed. I knew rbotic toa would be using tha line up, just given his past games. He used roughly the same line-up the first three games, sat them out the fourth, then began them again, so only natural. However I am just glad my team did roughly what I wanted them to in the final game. I can be proud of that.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

WILD CARD GAME RESULTS

Bionicle Strikers 47

Lewa (13 / +1 / -0) 14
Matau (12 / +1 / -0) 13
Pohatu (12 / +0 / -0) 12
Nikila (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia 54
Axonn (16 / +0 / -0) 16
Keetongu (10 / +0 / -0) 10
Nokama (12 / +1 / -0) 13
Gali (12 / +3 / -0) 15

Recap: In an agonizing defeat the Bionicle Strikers fell to U4, failing to muster enough points to qualify for the playoffs. With their victory, the Ussals clinch the third playoff spot, and thus they will be facing the Robotic Toa in the semifinals.

The Oncoming Storm (L)

Metru-Nui Time Force 48 (W)
Whenua (11 / +5 / -) 16
Bomonga (8 / +4 / -) 12
Nuhvok (2 / +3 / -) 5
Krakua (15 / +0 / -) 15

Recap: The Oncoming Storm failed to even show up to their wild card game, handing the Metru-Nui Time Force the playoff spot by default. With their automatic win, the Metru-Nui Time Force clinch the fourth playoff spot, and so will face the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks in the semifinals. 

-----------------------------------------------

And just like that, the playoff standings are decided! These are your semifinal matchups:

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks v.s. Metru-Nui Time Force

The Robotic Toa v.s. Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia

As I've stated before, the semifinals will be a best-of-3 series. Winners will advance to the finals. Lineups for the first playoff game are due by 12:00am July 21st (which is, consequently, the trade deadline), and games will be every 24 hours from then on, so as to be finished by next Saturday.

I also want to remind y'all the wild card games didn't count against your players' "3-consecutive-games-played" counter.

OKAY. SO. Taking offers for my best three players. ;_;

Basically the same thing, except all my players. Since they won't see any action while they stay on my team for the rest of the game, if you want any of my players ask, First come first serve policy, one trade at a time

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I've had a slight change in strategy since my offer, so I think I'll pass on that, despite the fact that it would be nice to say the Robotic Toa succeeded in getting every ice player available. Thanks, though!

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

I think you can only trade one for one. So you still have Tuyet, I think, 'cause he said he'd take Naho to make it work.

Nvm. One sec. . .

If I understand what he did correctly, you now have Matau as the seventh guy.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

THE BCL RECAP: 2014 Playoffs Edition

Welcome to the new and improved BCL Recap, arriving just in time for the 2014 playoffs! This revamped recap will be going on every night this week until the conclusion of the BCL postseason. In addition to the regular game recaps, there will also be a "most valuable player" of the night, a "least valuable player" of the night and the night's "most interesting play."

Tonight's MVP: While Ta-Metru's three fire-starters had the best offensive output, tonight's award goes to Gali of U4. Her water affinity exploited Dume and Tahnok's weaknesses, and her nine points helped propel the Ussals' two-man squad to victory. 

Tonight's LVP: While nearly all the Robotic Toa's starters turned in subpar performances, tonight's LVP had to be Pahrak of Ta-Metru. The Tahtoraks managed to clinch the victory tonight, but Pahrak's disastrous turnout made the game far closer than it otherwise would have been. 

Tonight's Most Interesting Play: It was risky. It was (perhaps) insane. But it worked. U4's decision to use only two players from its roster resulted in a Game 1 win and a chance to clinch a Finals spot with a win in tomorrow night's game.

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks 52

Tahu (14 / +2 / -0) 16
Lhikan (11 / +5 / -0) 16
Vakama (12 / +4 / -0) 16
Pahrak (4 / +0 / -0) 4

Metru-Nui Time Force 48
Whenua (10 / +4 / -0) 14
Bomonga (8 / +4 / -0) 12
Nuhvok (5 / +3 / -0) 8
Krakua (14 / +0 / -0) 14

Recap: In an extraordinarily close first game, the Tahtoraks managed to scrape past the Metru-Nui Time Force with a 4-point victory. Mild team chemistry and a shoddy performance by Pahrak made Ta-Metru vulnerable, but unfortunately the Time Force simply couldn't muster enough points to capitalize on the Tahtoraks' relatively low score. Ta-Metru takes the 1-0 lead in the series.

The Robotic Toa 16
Dume (5 / +2 / -2) 5
Tahnok (6 / +2 / -3) 5
Kohrak (6 / +0 / -0) 6

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia 24
Gali (13 / +0 / -4) 9
Lewa (15 / +0 / -0) 15

Recap: In a bizarre move, U4 chose to only play two of its players, choosing to rest the remainder of its roster. However, the move worked as the Robotic Toa opted for a similar strategy, bringing out their B-squad. With this 8-point win, the Ussals take the 1-0 lead in the series. 

----------------------------------------------

Game 1 of the BCL semifinals is now over. Lineups for Game 2 will be due by midnight tomorrow night (EST)! The Metru-Nui Time Force and the Robotic Toa face elimination, while the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks and Unilteral Underscore Ussal Utopia face the opportunity to advance to the Finals.

THE BCL RECAP: 2014 Playoffs Edition

Tonight's MVP: As the high-scorer in Metru Nui's unlikely Game 2 victory, Whenua wins tonight's award. His 18 points helped propel the Time Force past the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks, tying the semifinal series up at 1-1.

Tonight's LVP: Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia. The whole team. By failing to even show up, the Ussals conceded Game 2 to their opponents, the Robotic Toa.

Tonight's Most Interesting Play: The Time Force's decision to use Hahli against the Tahtoraks was an inspired move. She helped to exploit Lhikan and Tahu's weaknesses, while suffering minimal blowback for her own weakness. 

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks 44

Tahu (13 / +1 / -2) 12
Takanuva (14 / +0 / -0) 14
Lhikan (11 / +2 / -2) 11
Pahrak (7 / +0 / -0) 7

Metru-Nui Time Force 48
Whenua (12 / +6 / -0) 18
Bomonga (8 / +5 / -0) 13
Nuhvok (5 / +5 / -0) 10
Hahli (10 / +0 / -3) 7

Recap: Decent numbers from a fire duo and a consistent effort by Takanuva were not enough for the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks, as they fell to the Metru-Nui Time Force in Game 2. The Time Force had a well-balanced offensive effort that was anchored by the game's high-scorer, Whenua.

The Robotic Toa 68 (W)
Kopaka (15 / +4 / -0) 19
Nuju (11 / +8 / -0) 19
Matoro (11 / +6 / -0) 17
Kualas (9 / +4 / -0) 13

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia (L)

Recap: The Ussals gave up their series lead in perhaps the most embarrassing way possible: by failing to even show up for Game 2. With this default win, the Robotic Toa tie the series up at 1-1 and have the opportunity to eliminate U4 in Game 3.

---------------------------------------

It's crunch time. Lineups for Game 3 are due by 12:00am EST on July 24th. The winners of Game 3 will go on to face one another in the BCL Finals.

Duly noted, Burnmad. :P

THE BCL RECAP: 2014 Playoffs Edition

Tonight's MVP: By anchoring a supreme performance by the Tahtoraks, Vakama earns tonight's award. His 17 points paved the way for a Ta-Metru blowout which has the team advancing to the BCL Finals. 

Tonight's LVP: Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia. Again. While the Robotic Toa may have been the favorites to win the series, the Ussals insured their advancement by failing to participate in two critical games.

Tonight's Most Interesting Play: By returning to his 3-fire squad as opposed to his 2-fire squad, Burnmad neutralized the threat that Hahli posed to his team and conduced crackling team chemistry.

Ta-Metru Tahtoraks 55

Tahu (10 / +5 / -2) 13
Takanuva (14 / +0 / -0) 14
Vakama (13 / +5 / -1) 17
Jaller (9 / +3 / -1) 11

Metru-Nui Time Force 33
Vezon (12 / +0 / -3) 9
Krakua (13 / +0 / -0) 13
Hahli (10 / +0 / -7) 3
Pouks (8 / +0 / -0) 8

Recap: The Ta-Metru Tahtoraks clinched their Finals berth with a vicious 23-point beatdown on the Metru-Nui Time Force. After two consecutive close games, Ta-Metru blew Game 3 wide open, in part because of their fire team chemistry and the devastating effect it had on MNTF's Hahli.

The Robotic Toa 59 (W)
Kopaka (16 / +7 / -0) 23
Nuju (11 / +7 / -0) 18
Matoro (5 / +8 / -0) 13
Kualas (7 / +8 / -0) 15

Unilateral Underscore Ussal Utopia (L)

Recap: An anti-climactic way to end a series, to be sure, but it's a victory nonetheless. Failing to show up for the second consecutive game, the Ussals conceded Game 3, and the series, to the Robotic Toa, who will face the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks in the Finals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps we all saw it coming, but that doesn't diminish the hype. Tomorrow night marks the start of the 2014 BCL Finals, with the Ta-Metru Tahtoraks squaring off against the Robotic Toa in what is sure to be a titanic clash. Lineups for Game 1 of the Finals are due by 12:00am EST on July 24th. 
Edited by Fighty