An Explanation of Kapura's Teleportation Ability

I like the idea that Kapura simply knows something we don't. 

When he is practicing in Ta-Wahi, he says he can "feel" other places.

"If I practice, I can be where I am not. I think I can feel it. It is hot here where I am, but where I am not is cold, and I think I can feel it.  I must practice more."

He later shows up in Ko-Koro, which is "cold". This makes it sound like more than just simple teleportation to me.  I think that with the help of Vakama's previous research and long, tedious meditation and 'practicing', perhaps Kapura has learned how to compress spacetime around himself. Perhaps he used his natural energies to somehow manipulate and cause small wrinkles in spacetime so that Ko-Koro was closer, almost putting himself in two places at once. In travelling to Ko-Koro this way, he would still be moving as slowly as ever, yet to outside observers it would appear that he has sped towards his destination even faster than the eye can see.  Matoran have innate elemental energies, so it seems feasible that after thousands of years, someone could have learned to manipulate their energies to develop unusual abilities.

Thinking about this more, it would seem that Takua, who was right next to Kapura while he was 'feeling' Ko-Koro, would have felt it if Kapura was compressing spacetime nearby.  So perhaps rather than distort spacetime around himself, maybe Kapura is able to stretch himself across spacetime. He would still be moving impossibly quickly by moving very slowly, and only he would be aware of the distortion, leaving bystanders to watch him simply disappear.

I think that is a very good theory. I am surprised no one has pointed it out yet.

• Upvote 2

ALL HAIL CORN GUY

Series_17_Corn_Guy__71188.1493474740.500

I am more of the opinion that his ability makes it so others think that he hasn't moved when he has, hence from our perspective he seems to teleport, as he is no longer where we expected him to be. It could be that the entire time we were talking to him he was walking to the other end of the world, and his replies echoed back and made us think he hadn't got further away.

It's just fooling your mind on a grand scale to the level of making us deceive our own eyes. It's not teleportation, it's self reinforced illusion.

• 5 weeks later...

Why don't we ask Greg? How/why/etc?

Because we've tried that in the past and gotten no conclusive answer. I think his go-to response is "That was Bob Thompson's idea, not mine", or something along those lines.

Because you all ask Greg a question like "Hey Greg, does Kapura have the ability to teleport." rather than a different question to trick him into confirming it.

Boidoh wrote:

This is probably a ridiculous question but...

When Kapura was in space with the others, could he have teleported himself out? I mean, It is as Vakama said, he practiced and became skilled, and he now knows the secret art of travelling great distances by moving very slowly . It is only a small matter for Kapura to be where he is not. It is a useful skill. Where Kapura is, is cold and has no air. Where he is not is overtaken by Makuta and is a city. Could he have been where he was not by moving very slowly?

1) The problem is, we do not know the range of his powers, we do not know if he needs to be standing  on solid ground for them to work, we do not know if he needs to be in line of sight of where he is going ... so it may not have been possible for his power to be of any use.
Edited by Boidoh
  • Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

"It is as Vakama said. I practiced and became skilled. I now know the secret art of traveling great distances by moving very slowly. It is only a small matter for me to be wherever I am not. It is a useful skill."

— Kapura, Mata Nui Online Game http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Kapura

What none of the theories address is the "moving very slowly" bit. What does time travel got to do with moving very slowly? Personally I don't think that Kapura has teleportation powers, but rather the ability to move very very fast. I remember somebody saying something to me about a combat art that trains you how to fight by moving slowly :shrugs: I'm probably wrong and am open to everybodys theories. (Something I would like to hear is a definite quote that says Kapura has teleportaion powers.)

Uhhh... maybe Kapura has the ability to bend distance to be shorter for him? I have no idea. Kapura's just a magical matoran I guess, no explanations needed.  :P

"moving fast by moving slowly" - the only explanation i can think of is that he somehow manipulates time so that while he is moving quite slowly or at normal speed, he somehow slows down the time in the rest of the universe (or speeds up time around him) so that in comparison to everything else, he is moving very fast.

-Silo

Edited by Silo
  • Upvote 1

Kathok

Let me be the first to say, I have loved Kapura since I first saw him in MNOG(which is completely canon for all I care). I love all these theories, and reading the super speed ones immediately reminded me of the scene from X-Men Day of Future Past in which the superhero Quicksilver moved quickly as to make it appear that time moved slowly around him. I like to think that Kapura is somewhat like quicksilver, and has obtained some ability, be it from the red star, a malfunction in his construction, a Vahi related ability, or simply a realized ability, that he has uses to simply "go very fast by going very slowly." This would explain why he mentions going slowly, because for him it may just seem like walking, when in fact he is either going quite fast, or time if moving slowly around him. Either way, I love kapura and his mysterious ability, and I hope that it's source is never revealed.

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

What if Kapura is a Matoran of Time? Earlier people were mentioning him using time manipulation or the Vahi. What if the GBs experimented with creating a Matoran of Time and it didn't work out to their liking or he never exhibited any powers until he got to Mata Nui, resulting in the GBs declaring him a dud and throwing him in with the Metru Nui Ta-Matoran. We know that Matoran of light have a limited control over their element, and weren't they some of the first Matoran created?

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Because we've tried that in the past and gotten no conclusive answer. I think his go-to response is "That was Bob Thompson's idea, not mine", or something along those lines.

Because you all ask Greg a question like "Hey Greg, does Kapura have the ability to teleport." rather than a different question to trick him into confirming it.

Boidoh wrote:

When Kapura was in space with the others, could he have teleported himself out? I mean, It is as Vakama said, he practiced and became skilled, and he now knows the secret art of travelling great distances by moving very slowly . It is only a small matter for Kapura to be where he is not. It is a useful skill. Where Kapura is, is cold and has no air. Where he is not is overtaken by Makuta and is a city. Could he have been where he was not by moving very slowly?

1) The problem is, we do not know the range of his powers, we do not know if he needs to be standing on solid ground for them to work, we do not know if he needs to be in line of sight of where he is going ... so it may not have been possible for his power to be of any use.

That, sir, was trickyof you.

So it's confirmed teleportation?

Edited by Norik Of Celtania
  • Upvote 1

What if Kapura is a Matoran of Time? Earlier people were mentioning him using time manipulation or the Vahi. What if the GBs experimented with creating a Matoran of Time and it didn't work out to their liking or he never exhibited any powers until he got to Mata Nui, resulting in the GBs declaring him a dud and throwing him in with the Metru Nui Ta-Matoran. We know that Matoran of light have a limited control over their element, and weren't they some of the first Matoran created?

I like this theory, but Time is  a Legendary Element that can't be controlled by anything other than the Mask of Time itself, so I think it's out. 

Boidoh wrote:

1) The problem is, we do not know the range of his powers, we do not know if he needs to be standing on solid ground for them to work, we do not know if he needs to be in line of sight of where he is going ... so it may not have been possible for his power to be of any use.

That, sir, was trickyof you.

So it's confirmed teleportation?

I'm not sure how this answer confirms teleportation or is tricky of itself. :confused:

• Upvote 1

I like this theory, but Time is  a Legendary Element that can't be controlled by anything other than the Mask of Time itself, so I think it's out. 

Well so is creation but Artahka seems to have gotten used to using its respective mask. Plus, Tahu has used the Vahi before successfully. He had a real hard time with it but if he practiced for so long like Artahka did, I believe he could have gained the discipline to easily wield the element of time. If one can control time successfully with ease using the mask, wouldn't one still be able to have the mental discipline to wield it as an element without it (if they practice enough)? It's like how any toa can wear a Garai and be able to control gravity, so why can't they (with even MORE training, since having the potential to use a mask to control it and wielding the raw element is different) have the ability to wield gravity as an element (whether or not they would is a different story)? So then under these (unlikely  :P ) circumstances couldn't matoran of Time be made if they had the discipline for it? Just a poorly made theory, don't mind me.  ^_^

Edited by Banana Gunz

Well so is creation but Artahka seems to have gotten used to using its respective mask. Plus, Tahu has used the Vahi before successfully. He had a real hard time with it but if he practiced for so long like Artahka did, I believe he could have gained the discipline to easily wield the element of time. If one can control time successfully with ease using the mask, wouldn't one still be able to have the mental discipline to wield it as an element without it (if they practice enough)? It's like how any toa can wear a Garai and be able to control gravity, so why can't they (with even MORE training, since having the potential to use a mask to control it and wielding the raw element is different) have the ability to wield gravity as an element (whether or not they would is a different story)? So then under these (unlikely  :P ) circumstances couldn't matoran of Time be made if they had the discipline for it? Just a poorly made theory, don't mind me.  ^_^

Uh, you posted it? I hope you don't mind if I pick on this a little. :)

Yes, you are correct that Toa can control (and learn to control) Legendary Masks. However, that doesn't mean that Legendary Power can be contained in a Toa. (In fact, it's confirmed that it can't, I think.)

Second, Gravity is not a Legendary power, has Toa of Gravity, and the Garai is not a Legendary mask, so I'm not sure why it's relevant here. 

Third, Kapura is a Matoran, an even smaller power reserve and mental focus quotient, and would never be able to control the power of the Vahi even if he had it. The idea that he could access a power of a Legendary mask (and no, this is not a subpower, this is the direct power of that mask) is a little insane IMO. Seeing that a Great Mask power like the Kakama or the Kualsi could do the same thing with far less focus, I'm inclined to go with Occam's Razor and think that he accessed those powers, rather than time-bending. :shrugs: 

Uh, you posted it? I hope you don't mind if I pick on this a little. :)

Yes, you are correct that Toa can control (and learn to control) Legendary Masks. However, that doesn't mean that Legendary Power can be contained in a Toa. (In fact, it's confirmed that it can't, I think.)

Second, Gravity is not a Legendary power, has Toa of Gravity, and the Garai is not a Legendary mask, so I'm not sure why it's relevant here. 

Third, Kapura is a Matoran, an even smaller power reserve and mental focus quotient, and would never be able to control the power of the Vahi even if he had it. The idea that he could access a power of a Legendary mask (and no, this is not a subpower, this is the direct power of that mask) is a little insane IMO. Seeing that a Great Mask power like the Kakama or the Kualsi could do the same thing with far less focus, I'm inclined to go with Occam's Razor and think that he accessed those powers, rather than time-bending. :shrugs:

Now now, let's not start picking on the banana, fruits have feeling too you know!  :P

Gravity is just an example. The power/focus to channel/control an element is generally the same (in my opinion). It's simply amping up the scale when comparing the Vahi:Garai, Time:Gravity. To be able to use the Vahi requires a lot of discipline and training I presume, and time is its corresponding element. If one can use the Vahi well enough, and continues to train, what's to say they can't develop the discipline to control the element of time itself? I was using Gravity as an example: If you can use the Garai well enough and continue to develop discipline, what's to say you can't eventually go far enough to control the element of gravity.

If you can train well enough, I think it might be possible (to an extent, though probably unlikely) to be able to wield time as an element through this process. If you can get a being to have a certain amount of control over an element, what's to say you can't make matoran or toa with a similar amount of mental discipline to have this element?

I believe any being can develop mental discipline to use any sort of power, though it is probably by far unrealistically difficult. Look at Vezon and how he learned to use Kanohi masks (which requires a certain level of discipline) whereas the rest of the Skakdi species cannot, and he's only half a Skakdi!

Sorry, I wrapped up this theory quickly without thinking to much, I'm just talking about what might be possible. Whether its in any way practical is a totally different story!  :D