Bionice RETURNS

Alright, so let me pose a question: why, after Bionicle was canned in 2010 for flagging sales, would it come back after only a five year hiatus? Unless there was a significant demand for it outside our dwindling little community - and even inside our community there's a good chunk of people who have largely moved on - which we haven't seen, it wouldn't come back. It sucks to say, but it's true. It's simple as that. LEGO's been good to us but they are still a business and we are still a minority. Probably not enough of one to get Bionicle returned all by our lonesome, either. Not unless there was years worth of impetus to make the powers that be think it was worth it - and no, I'm not talking about Bring Back Bionicle or whatever. That is not an impetus, no matter what they like to think.

Still highly skeptical. 

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well, I suppose I'll post this here as well.

Leaked image (assuming it's legitimate) removed. -B6

But that's the exact same picture as in the first post.

Oops, I assumed the first picture was this: Leaked image (assuming it's legitimate) removed. -B6

That was rather stupid of me...

...Those are pretty obviously the same as existing sets.

At a first glance, yes, but I see some differences. Both pictures look shady to me, but I think this one is actually the better of the two. There's just a lot of things off about the first picture...

*Stares at picture*

I see what you mean. For example, (second column, second picture) that one looks like Tanma, but when looking closer, it's a different color. Of course, it could be photoshopped.

Edited by Black Six

2xu8Ptu.png

Alright, so let me pose a question: why, after Bionicle was canned in 2010 for flagging sales, would it come back after only a five year hiatus? Unless there was a significant demand for it outside our dwindling little community - and even inside our community there's a good chunk of people who have largely moved on - which we haven't seen, it wouldn't come back. It sucks to say, but it's true. It's simple as that. LEGO's been good to us but they are still a business and we are still a minority. Probably not enough of one to get Bionicle returned all by our lonesome, either. Not unless there was years worth of impetus to make the powers that be think it was worth it - and no, I'm not talking about Bring Back Bionicle or whatever. That is not an impetus, no matter what they like to think.

Still highly skeptical. 

-Tyler

I'm not saying I'm not skeptical, and to some extent I agree with you, but look at it this way. Hero Factory isn't doing so hot right now. Their sales, by my knowledge, are going down. There was a rumor for awhile that the Chima constraction sets wouldn't be released (and they were past prototype stage), although they apparently are being released again. Back on Hero Factory, their story this past year basically made them turn into a Pacific Rim/Exo-Force knock-off. But still, seems pretty big as far as sets go for Hero Factory and its story. I'm not sure how you can go back and make the stakes higher than giant machines fighting monsters. And sales are still dropping. All in all, Lego is running out of ideas.

So, Lego, thinking they need to get the constraction style moving again, decides to try one more time. Reaching into their back pocket, they pull out the theme that saved them before. BIONICLE.

• Upvote 1

new_sig_legacy_2.png