The Elder Scrolls

Eeeeeeeh, so finicky.If there's one thing I hate the most, among many others, is the fact that Guards are so random. Typical scene: Guard: "You're like me, eh? don't fancy those clunky Two-Handed weapons."Me: "Yeah, because a bow is like a Greatsword?"Guard: "Nevermind"Me: "And you've got a Warhammer"Guard: ...How stupid.

Altmer mage (who wants to join the Thalmor) soon. :P
*BLAM!**Holsters Las-pistol*Let it be known that joining the Thalmor is a sentence of death! So says Commissar Valiance!

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

As a player, I share your dislike for the Thalmor. :PI just want a character that is one of them.Getting Thalmor robes early without killing one of them (and without using the console) is going to be a bit of a problem though...

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

My Thalmor Altmer could always use the excuse that the other one wasn't doing their job...

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Continuing the series Stupid nonsense of Skyrim, we have now this:Supreme Necromancer: I'll see you burn!Dragonborn: *hit by Ice Spike* Uh-huh... Wait, what?Never heard of burning ice, did you?@JC: nope, if you can get back to that cover as fast as thunder. That's what makes a real Assassin character.

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

Getting Thalmor robes early without killing one of them (and without using the console) is going to be a bit of a problem though...
Somewhere near that big lake in Falkreath there's a Talos shrine with a dead Thalmor by it; you could take his robes.Edit - According to UESP, the shrine is northeast of Pinewatch. Just FYI. Edited by Arc

Q2TtLEz.png

You want a compelling world I suggest you go to your local vidya game store and pick up a copy of Fallout: New Vegas ultimate edition I tell you it sure is a hoot and a half I tell yaIt's kinda half baked politicsStormcloaks are all 'MUH CULTUUR' and Imperials are like 'MUH ELVES' and that's why every guard took an arrow to the knee, because the Thalmor told them to.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Heck, there are a bunch of Altmer that don't like the Thalmor. 0% approval rating for them in Skyrim, to be sure.In other news, finally went back to Kilkreath and ripped that necromancer a new one; thanks a bunch for the advice, guys. ^_^Spent most the time afterwards smiting Falmer and collecting Crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach while doing Hermaeus Mora's quest. I love that place now.(BTW, before anyone asks, yes I know about the orb trick. Wasn't planning to summon Vulthuryol the first time I went down there, but I guess that I accidentally hit the orb when I was fighting a Falmer Shadowmaster -- the next time I exited the main city I rounded a corner and briefly wondered 'Hey, what's tha -- oh crud.') -Inferna

Spent most the time afterwards smiting Falmer and collecting Crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach while doing Hermaeus Mora's quest. I love that place now.(BTW, before anyone asks, yes I know about the orb trick. Wasn't planning to summon Vulthuryol the first time I went down there, but I guess that I accidentally hit the orb when I was fighting a Falmer Shadowmaster -- the next time I exited the main city I rounded a corner and briefly wondered 'Hey, what's tha -- oh crud.')-Inferna
Of course Blackreach is one of the best places ever in Skyrim. It's my favorite. And you could even use Call Storm shout in it!As for Vulthuryol, around level 25 he's not so hard to fight in my opinion. One could always summon him, hide and let Falmer and their servants drain his health, then finish him. By doing this, I killed both Falmer/Falmer Servants and Vulthuryol in a few minutes. The dragon killed the others, then I finished him. Easiest fight ever in my experience.

I just watched a vid about "Skyrim D.I.C.E. Summit 2012 Game Jam"; which showed the result of Bethesda developers spending a week adding whatever they wanted to Skyrim. Some of the stuff has actually been implemented, such as ranged kill cams, mounted combat, elemental arrows, werewolf/vampire additions and "build your own home" in this new DLC that has been announced; plus Kinect-based shout powers. Some of the other stuff shown there was pretty interesting, such as:- Upgraded dungeons with more movable structures, such as hanging platforms, flowing water currents taking you places, etc.- Spears with animations that were not just ripped off battleaxes.- New spell combinations: Flames + Raise Zombie = Summon Flame Atronach; Fear + Healing = Drain Health...- Goblins :lol:- New mounts, like a burning skeleton horse and dragonssssss- Some graphical improvements for water and lighting and stuff- Giant mudcrab bossIt will be interesting to see if they use any of these in future updates.

@Renagade Emperor: I know what I'll be doing once I get Storm Call. Although, my 'oh crud' moment was more towards the fact I had summoned him when I hadn't been planning to than the fact there was a dragon marching towards me. I was up in one of the towers and fighting off the aforementioned Shadowmaster, and once I killed him (fus ro dah'ing at least two times), I realized that I was hanging out above the orb. After I looked around, I concluded that I hadn't summoned him, and carried on.Then again, I guess that explains why there were so many corpses in the courtyard when I got down. :P-Inferna

Kinect-based Shout powers? That almost makes me want to get a Kinect sensor for the 360.

f9Qcky7.png

I remember that video, most of it already ended up in the game by now. Dawnguard adds at least two places with water currents shooting you through caves (Serana yells at you if you jump in one in the Forgotten Vale). And of course Arvak the flaming skeleton horse in the Soul Cairn. Kinda glad they didn't add goblins, they were a royal pain in the butt in Oblivion. Besides, Falmer more or less are goblin-ish.I never knew that about Blackreach. I knew you could use Storm Call in the Soul Cairn, but not Blackreach. Now I have a new excuse to go back. :D

rahkshi_symbol.png

- Upgraded dungeons with more movable structures, such as hanging platforms, flowing water currents taking you places, etc.- Spears with animations that were not just ripped off battleaxes.- New spell combinations: Flames + Raise Zombie = Summon Flame Atronach; Fear + Healing = Drain Health...- Goblins :lol:- New mounts, like a burning skeleton horse and dragonssssss- Some graphical improvements for water and lighting and stuff- Giant mudcrab boss
They should totally make that happen. Dragon mounts would be pretty difficult though, because the game would struggle to load the environment fast enough (or so they say).Giant Mudcrab? Oh yes.But I could swear I went into a dungeon that had a water current that carried me somewhere...

But I could swear I went into a dungeon that had a water current that carried me somewhere...
- New mounts, like a burning skeleton horse and dragonssssss
We need thiiiis. :c
Apparently Dawnguard has both water currents and a burning skeleton horse. I should probably get it soon, though the crossbows are most of what I'd want from it. Edited by Katuko

Apparently Dawnguard has both water currents and a burning skeleton horse. I should probably get it soon, though the crossbows are most of what I'd want from it.
OoooohSounds good to me. c:Maybe I'll cross my fingers for a sale on Skrim DLC during the next big Steam sale.
This almost makes me want to get Skyrim on my Xbox
They did add Kinect compatibility already, but I don't recall if the final product has voice-controlled shouts. It's mostly for navigating menu interfaces, which actually looks quite useful.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I think Dawnguard is worth the price, because it adds a fair bit more than just its main questline (which does have some length to it). There's a whole Dwemer-themed quest that's pretty cool, exclusive side-quests for both new factions, new weapons and arrows that can be forged, and other minor stuff. As far as I know, the only things from that Game Jam video that haven't been added by now, through Dawnguard or patches, are spears, goblins, moving platforms in dungeons, dragon mounts and the gigantic mudcrab.

rahkshi_symbol.png

So apparently there's a chance PS3 won't get Dawnguard at all?...http://www.majhost.c.../table-flip.png
Sadly, yes.Bethesda is still trying to get it to work properly, but they're saying it may be impossible for them to release any DLC for Skyrim on PS3.Supposedly Sony is also working to help them publish DLC, but it's still questionable.It's a shame really. =/

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty