Why Aren't They Dead Yet?

Now, it has been confirmed in the official life processes topic that inside the Matoran Universe, reproduction does not exist. And with all the death and destruction going around, I can't for the life of me see why MU inhabitants aren't extinct or severely endangered.Can Turaga make new Matoran, or is there something I missed?

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

They still have organic parts, so they can't live forever, everything ends eventually but not in a bad or goth or emo way.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Can Turaga make new Matoran, or is there something I missed?

You're absolutely right: Turaga can create new Matoran, at least in Metru Nui. As for Artakha, he doesn't create living things anymore. The exceptions being the Toa Mata and the Crystal Serpents.

jlovfkk.jpg

... Turaga can create Matoran. How.

Well, you see, when one daddy turaga and one mommy turaga like each other VEEERY much... Their love is decanonized and they go turn on some Matoran factory somewhere. On their own. Because they need a new matoran.
A factory. Ooookayyyy...
That's the implication of some of the side material, yes. For example, one book states that now that metru nui is re-populated, the facilities for creating new matoran are available again.

I make stuff sometimes.

I think Greg said there's technology in the MU that can create them (located in Metru Nui) that the matoran will have to bring on to Spherus Magna somehow.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Every being in the Matoran Universe was actually meant to power down after Mata Nui completed his mission, but a glitch (one of many, it seems) caused them to remain alive.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Yeah, considering how long MU inhabitans live, it's probably not exactly a big priority at the moment. And there's definitely some way of creating new Matoran in Metru Nui, not to mention the fact that there are at least two Great Beings running around on Spherus Magna, who created Matoran originally in the first place... And Glatorian/Agori don't have to worry at all about going extinct. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Every being in the Matoran Universe was actually meant to power down after Mata Nui completed his mission, but a glitch (one of many, it seems) caused them to remain alive.

I'm beginning to think the Great Beings just really, really sucked at programming. As for the actual topic, MU inhabitants have extremely long lifespans, and I expect at some point the society would turn to discovering how to create more Matoran using technology salvaged from the Great Spirit robot.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

6a) Will all MU species eventually become extinct since they cannot reproduce?6a) No. What is needed to create more of them exists on Spherus Magna, they just need to find it. It's the same things used to create more of them within the MU

In a PM I once sent to GregF. That might answer your question. :)

We know the Matoran will live a long time, we also knew that new Matoran were created in Metru-Nui, my guess they can trying salvaging stuff from the MU. Now remember that in one of the alternate universes where Mata Nui suceeded in his mission Matoran were very prominent and I'm sure whatever they need to reproduce can be found in Great Beings' lab.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

Actually, they are severely endangered. Most of them were killed when Teridax got hit with a moon. In fact, they mention it in one of the web serials. I can't remember which one or who said it though...

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

I suppose it would have been awfully dark for the series to end with "the villain is dead, hip hip hooray, also thousands of people died as a direct result."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Yes, new matoran can be made, either by a Makuta (who choose not to) or by the Great Spirit robot.

Well you beat me to saying it man. -Please do not post if you have nothing to add to the discussion as it is considered spam.- WW Edited by Watashi Wa

Did you hear?? FORUMS ARE BACK! :D

I'm beginning to think the Great Beings just really, really sucked at programming.
They didn't suck that much. Otherwise, none of them would exist, and Mata-Nui would never have completed his programming. True, a glitch gave him amnesia, but he overcame that. Hmmm... I see what you mean... I'm pretty sure there're so many Matoran that they won't need any new ones for quite a while. Although, it has been several thousand years, so they should get that technology out of Metru-Nui, before they find a glitch in it, too. Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I suppose it would have been awfully dark for the series to end with "the villain is dead, hip hip hooray, also thousands of people died as a direct result."

That's usually how it happens in the real world, but I guess when your target audience is aged 6-12, you can't really "keep it real".

... Turaga can create Matoran. How.

Well, you see, when one daddy turaga and one mommy turaga like each other VEEERY much... Their love is decanonized and they go turn on some Matoran factory somewhere. On their own. Because they need a new matoran.
A factory. Ooookayyyy...
That's the implication of some of the side material, yes. For example, one book states that now that metru nui is re-populated, the facilities for creating new matoran are available again.
Wow...nice save on the daddy and mommy turaga thing...

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Can Turaga make new Matoran, or is there something I missed?

You're absolutely right: Turaga can create new Matoran, at least in Metru Nui.As for Artakha, he doesn't create living things anymore. The exceptions being the Toa Mata and the Crystal Serpents.
Thanks, Erebus.Question answered, topic lifespan exceeded.