Least Favorite Kanohi Design?

Banana Gunz

I kind of liked the Inika masks; they were a nice change from the usual rigid plastic ones we got before them, and they did a good job of seeming semi-organic. :P

As for my least favorite mask, that would have to be either the Mohtrek or the Felnas. Too limited usage in anything other than mosquitoes or beetles. If they were silver or something, that would have been fine. But they're not, so... :P

Also not a huge fan of the Volitak.

And if we're talking about the 2015 masks, then Lewa's hands down. Lewa's new mask is probably the ugliest across the whole series, IMO. :P

• Upvote 1

And if we're talking about the 2015 masks, then Lewa's hands down. Lewa's new mask is probably the ugliest across the whole series, IMO. :P

Someone not a fan of Cybermen? *cough-cough*

Seriously though I thought it was a reminescent of Lewa's Miru * his Miru Nuva in the best ways

They honestly always seemed ugly to me if you focused on them by themself but they worked well with the rest of the set if that makes sense? o.O

My least favourite design overall would have to be the Olmak simply because I've never made made a MOC or seen a MOC were I thought it would be even a half-decent idea. At least the Ignika could easily have other pieces around it to utilise parts of it that don't look intrinsically bad...

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

In all honesty I like the Garai and the Olmak, they may be a little large and designed busily/oddly, but I don't think they're THAT bad...
The Kanohi Nuva are a tad oversized though, I found them to fall off/be knocked off a bit easier than their predecessors. The plastic they were made with is a little strange, too... Their designs were decent, though. A good early attempt at organic-*looking* masks.

A close friend of mine never liked how much the Vahi reveals of faces, but I don't mind it. Outside of the canon, it is a nice piece of history that serves as a nice reminder that Kanohi are, after all, masks.

I didn't like much of the adaptive kanohi's forms in general. bah.

If we can nitpick about colour, I don't like how highlighter-orange Pohatu's Kaukau looks in all pictures I've seen of it...

and if we can nitpick face-coverings in general, i think both Maxilos's helmet and the Piraka faces could've been designed better... fer Maxilos, get rid of the thee extrusions and flesh out the bottom a bit, and as for the Piraka, like, make the face one piece, with the spines attaching to the back of it in some way, like an axlehole or something. I'm glad they seemed to learn from them though, imagine if the Toa Mahri's tubes were part of their masks!

• Upvote 2

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Kakama Nuva. I've hated it ever since I saw it; its name, in my language, is reminiscent to an inappropriate word, and its design (it looks like the face of someone who's stuck in the bathroom, no offence) merely reinstates that fact, not to mention ruining the whole "Mask of Speed" aesthetic. Which is a shame, because the Mata version looks really cool. It also really messes up Pohatu's entire personality.

Plus, I love the Suletu! Raaarr!

Edited by Gukko Lord

• 5 months later...

I like the swamp Kaukau,

Least favorite in design? any of the Toa Inika's masks, though their powers are some of my favorite,

His face visor is glorious and his cheek holes remind me of the Miru.