BZPower Chats with Bionicle's Art Director

While at the LEGO Bionicle VIP Event during New York Comic Con, BZPower had the opportunity to talk to Zdenko Santini, the Art Director leading the line and an employee of Advance. Listen to him talk about the process of designing the new characters, creating the animations, and what he's excited for next year. You might also get some cool info about what you can expect! Continue on to watch it for yourself!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

It's great to hear that Zdenko Santini and Christian Faber have been working closely together, even if the creative work is mostly on Zdenko's shoulders. And also that Advance and LEGO have been cooperating as well with this new generation of BIONICLE as they did originally.

It's also good to hear that there will be lots of webisodes. Those should be very fun. And it's going to be interesting to hear what the voices will be like.

I loved this interview. I could really feel his excitement for the line and the work he's put into it. It's also good that Faber is involved and is as excited as anyone about it. It's great seeing how much they care about the new line. I'm definitely looking forward tot he animations even more now.

AXKP5KC.png

Zdenko seems extremely passionate about the new line and you can feel his excitement through this interview. Glad Advance is working on the new Bionicle too, and Faber is giving his input. He must be so excited to be passing the torch.

The sets really seem great, and I love how Zdenko talks about the functions. I definitely agree with his view on that. The animations sound great and I am glad to hear there will be a lot. Excited to hear the narrator's attempts at Toa voices though. xD Looks like the Toa will only be looking for golden masks this year.

Also, I am glad they acknowledge that this reboot is aiming at a younger audience. Original 2001 Bionicle was aiming at that age group as well.

So excited for this new line. 

tahubanner.jpg