Help Name The Bionicle Museum!

Mask collector

Well, this is actually going to be a non profit museum, it's going to be on my property, showcasing my collection. I'm not making money by showing anyone any of it. Basically, it would be like coming to look at my collection, just with a fancy name.

Mc

• Upvote 2

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Indeed, the archives is a perfect name. xD

That is very impressive though. You will have to take pics and show us. :) Does this include combiners as well?

-NotS

Yes, it includes all Combiner and alternate models. Alongwith every collectible minus the ones I'm missing. It will also contain all the 2015 stuff. Along with comics, posters, cards, promotional stuff, ext...

Thanks for your interest, I plan on postinga lot of pics! And a video tour!

Mc

Wait, so you have the Platinum Avohkii too? :o Even Prototypes, like the Sand Tarakava?

That's crazy, especially since you have every single combiner and alternate model on display. Man I'd love to visit this museum if I could.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to obtain such a near-complete collection?

EDIT: Saw your profile. So you do have it! That's awesome. How are you planning on displaying everything?

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Indeed, the archives is a perfect name. xD

That is very impressive though. You will have to take pics and show us. :) Does this include combiners as well?

-NotS

Yes, it includes all Combiner and alternate models. Alongwith every collectible minus the ones I'm missing. It will also contain all the 2015 stuff. Along with comics, posters, cards, promotional stuff, ext...

Thanks for your interest, I plan on postinga lot of pics! And a video tour!

Mc

Wait, so you have the Platinum Avohkii too? :o Even Prototypes, like the Sand Tarakava?

That's crazy, especially since you have every single combiner and alternate model on display. Man I'd love to visit this museum if I could.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to obtain such a near-complete collection?

EDIT: Saw your profile. So you do have it! That's awesome. How are you planning on displaying everything?

-NotS

Yes I own the Platinum Avohkii, and a Solid Gold Hau. I do own a good amount of 2001 prototype sets, But I DO NOT OWN A SAND TARAKAVA. A lot of people seem to think I do own the sand tarakava, but it's just a rumor.

I Own 1 of every set ever made, and 1 of each combo and alternate model ever made. Everything I own that is BIONICLE will be on display in the Museum. I'm going to make a list of how many pieces are in a complete BIONICLE collection. Along with the original or estimated costs of everything, basic information, ect

I will be displaying them on glass shelves, hopefully every set will be lit up by LED's and i will also have my collectibles on display, in custom made boxes. there is more to come, but i will post a different topic for all of that information. 

As for the value of my collection, lets just say more then i'd like to admit. The Platinum Avohkii was $15,000 just to put it into perspective. but the sets I obtained over the years, from family, friends, for my birthday and so on. I grew up with BIONICLE, I would love to share my love for them with anyone who wants to learn.

MC

PS: I think I'm going to go with this: What do you guys think?

THE BIONICLE ARCHIVES:

Insert cool bionicle picture here!800px-2001-2007_Poster.png

The Only Complete Bionicle Collection In The World.

Maybe something like this?

THE   modul-logo-BIONICLE.jpg     ARCHIVES:

Insert cool bionicle picture here!800px-2001-2007_Poster.png

The Only Complete Bionicle Collection In The World.

Edited by Mask collector

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I guess it depends on where your logo is; if it's just on the building, you probably won't have much room for an image (although a brick-built Hau mayhaps...) but if it's displayed somewhere inside, an image could be worked in there somewhere. You could probably toy around with the lettering design too, maybe shrink the LEGO logo so it doesn't take up too much room.

Efficiency over complexity, I say.

The (LEGO) Bionicle Museum: The Complete Collection

Basically very similiar to what Dorek wrote, minus the archives part. Anyway, this sounds like it'll be an awesome gallery. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it!

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Well, I invite anyone to come and check it out as soon as it it done! I'll be posting pictures of my latest project in this same forum so be looking out for that!

Thanks guys

MC

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Currently no, (If you look at my sig you'll see what I'm missing) but I'm only collecting sets and collectibles. I am adding books, comics, posters, , ect though! I was going to put "the most complete collection in the world" but hopefully I'll have the items I'm missing before I open the gallery.

Mc

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I do yes, I built them out of spare parts.

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Currently no, (If you look at my sig you'll see what I'm missing) but I'm only collecting sets and collectibles. I am adding books, comics, posters, , ect though! I was going to put "the most complete collection in the world" but hopefully I'll have the items I'm missing before I open the gallery.

Mc

That is debatable. Toa Lhikan Hordika has some items you do not and he has multiples of every set to build their combiner forms. I would guess that he has all the books and comics as well. You have the most valuable one, not sure if it is the most complete.

Edited by Reya

Mc

That is debatable. Toa Lhikan Hordika has some items you do not and he has multiples of every set to build their combiner forms. I would guess that he has all the books and comics as well. You have the most valuable one, not sure if it is the most complete.

Lhikan Hordika has a brilliant collection, but MC has the one and only Platinum Avohkii AND a solid gold Hau. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Mc

Lhikan Hordika has a brilliant collection, but MC has the one and only Platinum Avohkii AND a solid gold Hau. 

I definitely agree that MC's certainly got me beat with the Platinum Avohkii and SGH, though I haven't given up hope on hunting down an SGH of my own someday.  Also, not trying to compete here or anything but I also have 2 Sterling Silver Krana-Kal (numbers 71 & 72), 5 out of 8 GPKK, a numberless Disk of Time, UDD Kanoka, SDCC 2004 Kanoka, a Silver Great Huna, Metru Blue Matatu, and the only Pink Tarix helmet.  I've got a good handful of exclusives myself ;) .  

More on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing MC's museum and definitely think it should be called "The Archives".

- :t::l::h:

TLH and I are actually good friends, he does have some items I don't, and I have some he doesn't. The thing with prototypes though, is they can't be counted on an official list because there's always gonna be one special variation that I won't be able to get. I do have a prototype black and yellow Bitil helmet. I'll have a silver great Huna before to long, assuming the trade works out. I also have about 25 give or take 2001 prototype sets. TLH and I have a friendly competition going on, it's all in good fun.

@Bioniclepluslotr: it's a long story, but, go to YouTube and look up platinum Avohkii, watch my video and that should basically describe it.

Edited by Mask collector
  • Upvote 1

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I still do think you should look into making your museum a traveling one. The issue with a physical museum is it'll be hard to attract interest (especially if your location is as remote as you make it out to be). On the other hand, there are plenty of Lego conventions each year and by showing off your collection (or a part of it) at events like that, you'd definitely get more interest than you would sitting around and waiting for people to come to you.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I still do think you should look into making your museum a traveling one. The issue with a physical museum is it'll be hard to attract interest (especially if your location is as remote as you make it out to be). On the other hand, there are plenty of Lego conventions each year and by showing off your collection (or a part of it) at events like that, you'd definitely get more interest than you would sitting around and waiting for people to come to you.

The thing is, I'm paying for everything out of pocket. The museum will be on my property, but I would like to bring certain parts to conventions, when I could make it out to them.

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Yes I own the Platinum Avohkii, and a Solid Gold Hau. I do own a good amount of 2001 prototype sets, But I DO NOT OWN A SAND TARAKAVA. A lot of people seem to think I do own the sand tarakava, but it's just a rumor.

I Own 1 of every set ever made, and 1 of each combo and alternate model ever made. Everything I own that is BIONICLE will be on display in the Museum. I'm going to make a list of how many pieces are in a complete BIONICLE collection. Along with the original or estimated costs of everything, basic information, ect

I will be displaying them on glass shelves, hopefully every set will be lit up by LED's and i will also have my collectibles on display, in custom made boxes. there is more to come, but i will post a different topic for all of that information. 

As for the value of my collection, lets just say more then i'd like to admit. The Platinum Avohkii was $15,000 just to put it into perspective. but the sets I obtained over the years, from family, friends, for my birthday and so on. I grew up with BIONICLE, I would love to share my love for them with anyone who wants to learn.

MC

PS: I think I'm going to go with this: What do you guys think?

I am very impressed. The display sounds like it will be excellent and I cannot wait to see pictures of it. Having all of the comics and books on display will add a lot as well. Are you going to split it up by year? If you do, you should create a nice little summary of each years story/have an animation or video (if possible) informing people of important events that occurred in that year. Just a suggestion. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Crowdfunding, yo. But as Aanch mentioned, you might run into the problem about how you can use "LEGO". Maybe try and contact a TLG rep, and see what they have to say?

(glad people liked "The Archives" or some variation thereof :U)

• Upvote 1