Makuta Creations Theory

As we all know, the Matoran universe is very diverse with all kinds of species living in the many islands across the Great Spirit Robot. However, the question remains that, if the Matoran are the only important beings, with a select few other entities created by the Great Beings to assist them, why are there so many life forms in the universe? Neither the Great Beings nor Mata Nui really had any need for the Skakdi or Vortix, for example. But we do know one species directly created by Mata Nui: the Makuta. Their original purpose is kind of vague, all we really know is that the Great Beings intended for the Makuta species to act as a symbolic "brother" to Mata Nui. Their main purpose that we have been given though, is to create Rahi. I propose that all the various species across the universe are descended from Rahi created by Makuta. This explains the huge diversity is species in the Great Spirit Robot. Opinions of this theory?

For some odd reason i don't think it is possible for the whole rahi thing since almost all rahi were created by the makuta so it's highly unlikely. also for some odd reason i think this may be a topic that's already been created but i'm not for sure.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I think you misread my post. I acknowledged that all the Rahi were created by the Makuta, and I was proposing that most of the civilizations in the Matoran Universe (Skakdi, Vortix, Steltian, etc) all descend from Rahi created by the Makuta.

I understand that but i highly doubt they descended from rahi since most every thing in the matoran universe was built. and also i think it was mata-nui who created them because first off if you look at the reason the matoran were made was to keep mata-nui running by doing thier work so think of what the vortixx do they also create and in a way they are profiting the matoran with their creations ( mostly weapons) so it's like a mutual relationship since the matoran can't do everything. It's more so a " we give you something and we get something in return " type thing all the species benefit from each other thus creating a complex network which helps mata-nui function. and whos to say that mata-nui did not come up with this idea when he observed other planets. it's simply that every one benefits from the others existence.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I think you misread my post. I acknowledged that all the Rahi were created by the Makuta, and I was proposing that most of the civilizations in the Matoran Universe (Skakdi, Vortix, Steltian, etc) all descend from Rahi created by the Makuta.

I understand that but i highly doubt they descended from rahi since most every thing in the matoran universe was built. and also i think it was mata-nui who created them because first off if you look at the reason the matoran were made was to keep mata-nui running by doing thier work so think of what the vortixx do they also create and in a way they are profiting the matoran with their creations ( mostly weapons) so it's like a mutual relationship since the matoran can't do everything. It's more so a " we give you something and we get something in return " type thing all the species benefit from each other thus creating a complex network which helps mata-nui function. and whos to say that mata-nui did not come up with this idea when he observed other planets. it's simply that every one benefits from the others existence.
But the problem is that the Matoran were only intended as workers, and the Great Beings allowed for Toa to be there to defend them, so they wouldn't really need materials. That also does not explain the huge variety in Dark Hunter races, most of which don't seem to have a specific use towards Mata Nui or the Matoran. In addition Mata Nui's primary will was towards the Matoran, so he created the Makuta to aid them and create any further things needed.@Erebus: In that case, perhaps many of the races are "technically" rahi (in other words direct creations of the Brotherhood) but are just very intelligent? The line between what constitutes as a "Rahi" and a "sapient race" is very thin (hence Krakha and Keetongu).

I propose that all the various species across the universe are descended from Rahi created by Makuta. This explains the huge diversity is species in the Great Spirit Robot. Opinions of this theory?

The idea of Matoran, Vortixx, etc. evolving from rahi is a nice idea, but doesn't hold up.First of all, the great beings created the Matoran and other inhabitants of the MU at the beginning of the existence of the MU as nanotech meant to maintain Mata Nui. Also, Matoran unknowingly BUILT Mata Nui, so they existed before Mata Nui. Therefore Matoran cannot be "decended" from a creation of a being they helped build a body for.Second, no species in the MU reproduces, making evolution impossible.Nice idea though.

I did not say that Matoran were descended from Rahi. I just said all other species not directly created by the Great Beings. As for evolution, maybe it could be a similar type of "evolution" to the way the Makuta adapt? @Erebus, my point was that not everything created by the Brotherhood eventually became wildlife. For example, the Skakdi may have been intended as Rahi, but ended up as sapient beings (this would explain the sheer diversity in many races; all of them originated as part of a random process involving energized protodermis).

Again, it's already confirmed that the Great Beings and Mata Nui created these various races like the Matoran, Skakdi, etc. Each race had its role in the universe. The Brotherhood of Makuta had no role in creating these races.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

A popular, if slightly misguided way of looking at things is that people like to envision Mata Nui as a standard organism; every creature has a role to play (and here people equate the Matoran to blood cells, that kind of thing), even if it isn't readily apparent. We may have not necessarily seen the true purpose of the diversity in species (at least, not the whole picture) but that doesn't mean it's not there. Each race has already been confirmed to have been created by Mata Nui (except for the noted exceptions), so each has some sort of "destiny" within the story.