Minifigures Series 13 Revealed

tn_11_26_14-minifigures-series-13.png

LEGO has revealed the Minifigures Series 13 on their Facebook page (you will see a localized page so if you live outside the US, you may not see the reveal - you can check out the pictures on Leg Godt, though). After a (personally) not so exciting series 12 LEGO is returning with several fantastic new minifigures. I'm really fond of the King, Snake Charmer, Alien Trooper, Galaxy Trooper, Egyptian Warrior and the absolutely hilarious Hot Dog Guy. Which ones are you going to get?

View the full article

A Hot dog Guy? The Burger King? And this guy?

• Upvote 1

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Wait a second...

The insignias on the Galaxy Trooper's chest armor are the same ones from Galaxy Squad...and his weapons also happen to have been heavily featured in Galaxy Squad...

GALAXY SQUAD 2015 CONFIRMED!

But wait...

The name 'GALAXY SQUAD' has three A's in it, which, as we all know, are just fancy triangles...three plus triangles equals...

LEGO ILLUMINATI 2015 CONFIRMED!

BUT WAIT

The number of non letter 'A's in GALAXY SQUAD is eight...eight divided by two words is four...four minus one wave of sets equals three...triangles have three sides...

DOUBLE LEGO ILLUMINATI 2015 CONFIRMED!!!

• Upvote 1

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I thought the paleontologist was kinda boring at first; Khaki shirt and shorts is was too similar to the S2 Explorer or S5 Zookeeper, and the bone was just a little too tacky of an attempt to link it to paleontology. But then I saw she comes with a round tiles with an Ammonoidea printed on it, and sudden she's a must have fig!!

This looks to be a very good wave, but I thought the last wave was great too. Will probably be after all of em when this comes out.

:music:

These look cool, but I've always wished minifigs would go back to being a little simpler. Guess that's just the minimalist in me speaking.

There are plenty of Lego sets which have simpler minifigs. The whole point of the collectible line is to have more elaborate minifigs to justify collecting them.

Anyway, the gun with the clip the alien has looks interesting. Is that a new piece? If so, hopefully it will also appear on other sets.

~B~

These look cool, but I've always wished minifigs would go back to being a little simpler. Guess that's just the minimalist in me speaking.

There are plenty of Lego sets which have simpler minifigs. The whole point of the collectible line is to have more elaborate minifigs to justify collecting them.

Anyway, the gun with the clip the alien has looks interesting. Is that a new piece? If so, hopefully it will also appear on other sets.

~B~

Actually, it appears in several of the LEGO Movie sets. At first I thought it was the same piece as the syringe gun from Dino, but it's much more sci-fi in design than that piece.

~B~

Ye, I guess so. It just seems a little odd that so many new parts are made for this theme that rarely will ever be used again. A lot of these fig's useability is pretty limited/specific and they eventually get discontinued, making collecting their unique parts for whatever occasion much more difficult and impractical. It's just a real good money-waster to me!

And to be honest my main idea of simplified figs is simpler, cleaner prints and less overly specialized molds with super specific details. I'd like to use the Star Wars: The Old Republic sith starship minifigures, more specifically the actual sith. It's a really detailed and cool looking fig, but it's so overdone that it barely feels like LEGO, and it feels just scary to put him in a bin with other figs where his prints will get all scratched up and ruined. It's arguable in this particular case that it's because it's a licensed character, but it applies to a lot of figs these days.

But don't get the wrong idea, I definitely don't blame anyone who likes the fig series or very detailed minifigs! It's mainly my personal taste here.

Just when I though I've seen every minifig imaginable, a minifig in a hotdog suit is released. Not that it's a bad thing, but I just wasn't expecting it. :P

Anyways, a lot of these look really cool. Especially the Galaxy Trooper. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png