BZCities

Toarobot18

'Twas the night before Christmas, and deep in the Wastes--

"Incoming aerial vehicle at eleven o'clock, Commander. Looks like a flying sleigh. Fat dude with a beard in the driver's seat--"

"It's a trap, boys! Shoot it down!"

"But, Commander! I think it's--"

"SHOOT IT DOWN, I SAY!"

*BANG BANG-BANG BANG*

*explosions*

I guess not anymore.

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

All purchases processed.

Manas Metru, New Artakha, Matoro-Koro, Tuyet Nui, and Kaukau Falls each buy a Battalion with Heavy Defense and Light Defense.

Philips, while attacks are usually initiated via personal message, I suppose it doesn't matter in this case. Your attack against the bridge will be processed at the end of the day as usual, but the outcome should be fairly easy to predict.

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

All purchases processed.

Manas Metru, New Artakha, Matoro-Koro, Tuyet Nui, and Kaukau Falls each buy a Battalion with Heavy Defense and Light Defense.

Philips, while attacks are usually initiated via personal message, I suppose it doesn't matter in this case. Your attack against the bridge will be processed at the end of the day as usual, but the outcome should be fairly easy to predict.

Oh...whoops...now they might come kill me...NO!

WAR DECLARED! The forces of Christmas Town struck in a daring surprise attack against the unsuspecting bridge between Christmas Town and Lia. Christmas Town only has two units, so unsurprisingly, they were both called up when three units were randomly selected. Accordingly, the 1st Squad and 1st Battalion of Christmas Town marched without fear toward the mighty architecture.

Unluckily for that mighty architecture, the 1st Squad has the Bridge Destroying property. Try as it might, the bridge could not withstand the strength of the 1st Squad's devastating attack. Meanwhile, the 1st Battalion stood nearby, singing inspirational Christmas tunes.

The bridge between Christmas Town and Lia is destroyed. The map has been updated in the first post.

All widget totals have been updated.

Lia, Graalok-Koro, Koburg, Nui Gaga, New Tahu, and Harakeke Metru each purchase a Large Workshop.

• Upvote 1

nban.jpg

WAR DECLARED! The forces of Christmas Town struck in a daring surprise attack against the unsuspecting bridge between Christmas Town and Lia. Christmas Town only has two units, so unsurprisingly, they were both called up when three units were randomly selected. Accordingly, the 1st Squad and 1st Battalion of Christmas Town marched without fear toward the mighty architecture.

Unluckily for that mighty architecture, the 1st Squad has the Bridge Destroying property. Try as it might, the bridge could not withstand the strength of the 1st Squad's devastating attack. Meanwhile, the 1st Battalion stood nearby, singing inspirational Christmas tunes.

The bridge between Christmas Town and Lia is destroyed. The map has been updated in the first post.

WE SHALL DINE ON THE FLESH OF OUR ENEMIES! STONE FOR DINNER BOYS!

Fighting at Harakeke! The forces of Luri-Metru marched across the bridge to Harakeke Metru in an attempt at colonization. Unfortunately for those forces, they were unable to withstand the foreign water element, and were utterly devastated in the battle.

Luri-Metru
1st Battalion (Light Attack, Light Battle): 3 attack  No Water Resistance
2nd Battalion (Light Attack, Light Battle): 3 attack  No Water Resistance
3rd Battalion (Light Attack, Light Battle): 3 attack   No Water Resistance
Total: 0 attack

Harakeke Metru
1st Squad (Medium Defense): 4 defense
2nd Squad (Medium Defense): 4 defense
3rd Squad (Light Defense): 2 defense
Total: 10 defense

The widget totals have been updated.

Manas Metru, New Artakha, Matoro-Koro, Tuyet Nui, and Kaukau Falls each purchase two workshops.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Marauder's Waste colonizes Matoro-Koro! Though the armed matoran of Matoro-Koro put up their best defense, they were still no match for the powerful army of Marauder's Waste. The attacking force left the newly colonized city carrying back [3].

Marauder's Waste
1st Battalion (Heavy Battle, Heavy Battle): 10 attack.
2nd Battalion (Heavy Battle, Heavy Battle): 10 attack.
1st Squad (Heavy Attack): 6 attack.
Total: 26 attack.

Matoro-Koro
1st Squad (Medium Defense): 4 defense.
2nd Squad (Medium Defense): 4 defense.
1st Battalion (Heavy Defense, Light Defense): 8 defense.
Total: 16 defense.

All widget totals have been updated.

Note: The rules are unclear on this matter, implying that both combat and widget production happen simulateously, but I have decided that cities gain their widgets after combat completes. This is significant in that successful attacks seize a certain share of the attacked city's widgets, and I need to know whether to calculate this share after cities gain widgets or before they do. Additionally, I need to know whether 20% of a colonized city's production for the day in which was colonized should be transferred to the colonizing city, or whether the production for that day already happened and was available to be seized in the attack. In accordance with my decision to put widget production after combat, here is how I calculated the widgets owed to Marauder's Waste:

PRE-ATTACK
Matoro-Koro's Widgets: [7]
Marauder's Waste's Widgets: [4]

ATTACK
Share of Widgets Seized in Attack: [3]

POST-ATTACK
Matoro-Koro's Widgets: [4]
Marauder's Waste's Widgets: [7]

WIDGET PRODUCTION
Matoro-Koro's Total Widget Production: [5]
Marauder's Waste's Total Widget Production: [4]
Portion of Matoro-Koro's Widget Production Credited to Colonizer: [1]
Matoro-Koro's Actual Widget Gain: [4]
Marauder's Waste's Actual Widget Gain: [5]

POST-PRODUCTION
Matoro-Koro's Widgets: [8]
Marauder's Waste's Widgets: [12]

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Before I confirm those purchases and you set in stone your attack plans, I need to make an important correction. During your last attack on Harakeke Metru, you actually had zero attack strength, not nine, because none of your units had resistance to Harakeke Metru's water element. Had I noticed you were attacking a water-element city with no water-resistant units, I would have advised an attack on New Tahu instead. However, had you attacked New Tahu, the outcome of the battle would have been the same as I originally calculated for your attack on Harakeke Metru, because New Tahu's units are identical to those of Harakeke Metru.

Now that I brought this up, I want to give you the chance to alter your purchase, in case you want to buy a unit with Elemental Resistance, and give you the chance to alter your attack plan, in case you want to attack New Tahu instead, whose element your forces automatically have resistance to due to Luri-Metru's fire location, and in case you want to call off the attack altogether.

nban.jpg

Purchase processed.

Manas Metru, New Artakha, Tuyet Nui, and Kaukau Falls each purchase a Battalion with Heavy Defense and Light Defense. Matoro-Koro purchases a Squad with Heavy Defense.

nban.jpg

I would like to purchase a squad with medium battle ability. That;s [6] overall.

I'd also like to attempt to conquer Lia, the neutral air city right next to my own air city. I will go forth and state that my goal is to conquer or colonise all air cities, for the Empire of Wind! Future capital: Hurricane. Let it be said that air can be a very destructive force. There can only be one city-state / nation / empire of air!

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

The Town with No Name colonizes Manas Metru! Charging out from the city aboard their signature manas war crabs, the citizens of Manas Metru fought with courage and vigor. However, in the end, the Manas Metru 2nd and 3rd Battalions were not able to stop their more powerful Town with No Name counterparts, and Manas Metru's 3rd Squad was easily routed by The Town with No Name's 1st Battalion.

The Town with No Name

1st Battalion (Medium Attack, Medium Defense): 6 attack.

2nd Battalion (Heavy Attack, Heavy Defense): 10 attack.

3rd Battalion (Heavy Attack, Heavy Defense): 10 attack.

Total: 26 attack.

Manas Metru

3rd Squad (Light Defense): 2 defense.

1st Battalion (Heavy Defense, Light Defense): 8 defense.

2nd Battalion (Heavy Defense, Light Defense): 8 defense.

Total: 18 defense.

Hurricane fails to conquer Lia! The victor might have been different had Hurricane's 2nd Battalion been called to the field instead of its 1st Battalion. That was not to be, and the three squads from Lia managed to preserve the independence of their city in this close battle.

Hurricane

1st Squad (Medium Battle): 3 attack.

1st Battalion (Light Defense, Light Battle): 1 attack.

3rd Battalion (Medium Attack, Light Defense): 4 attack.

Total: 8 attack.

Lia

3rd Squad (Light Defense): 2 defense.

Total: 10 defense.

Luri-Metru colonizes Harakeke Metru! Though the 2nd and 3rd Luri-Metru battalions were once again overcame by the watery environment, the newly formed 1st Division saved the day, overwhelming the vastly outnumbered Harakake squads, and restoring the reputation of Luri-Metru after her defeat on the same battlefield just three days earlier.

Luri-Metru

2nd Battalion (Light Attack, Light Battle): 3 attack.  No Water Resistance

3rd Battalion (Light Attack, Light Battle): 3 attack.  No Water Resistance

1st Division (Heavy Attack, Heavy Battle, Water Resistance): 11 attack.

Total: 11 attack.

Harakeke Metru

3rd Squad (Medium Defense): 2 defense.

Total: 10 defense.

Widget totals updated. Neutral Cities will be making purchases shortly.

EDIT:

Lia, Koburg, Nui Gaga, and New Tahu each purchase a Battalion (Heavy Defense, Heavy Defense) and a Squad (Heavy Defense).

Graalok-Koro purchases a Large Workshop.

Manas Metru and Matoro-Koro each purchase a Workshop.

New Artakha, Tuyet Nui, and Kaukau Falls each purchase two Workshops.

Harakeke Metru purchases two Squads, each with Heavy Defense.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

BRIDGE SLAIN! In a day that will go down in infamy, Christmas Town's 1st Squad, 1st Battalion, and 1st Division destroyed a defenseless noncombatant bridge in what appears to be a major violation of the laws of war. Specifically, representatives from the Barraki for Bridges Club allege that the violent dismantling of the bridge bridging the chasm between Christmas Town and Graalok-Koro is clearly outside the bounds of the “All” provision of the “All is fair” clause. The leaders of Christmas Town have not yet provided any defense of their shocking attack, and the leaders of nearby cities have wasted no time in denouncing the action. “When the young Matoran wait for their Naming Day gifts,” said the turaga of nearby Koburg, notably eschewing Christmas Town's own terminology in favor of Metruian dialect, “they imagine them to be delivered by Mata Nui himself. A town named in this tradition should reflect his values, and not engage in destruction which recalls the evils of Makuta.” While the bridge between Christmas Town and Koburg was contacted for this report, it had yet to reply as of press time.

Widget totals updated.

• Upvote 2

nban.jpg