Does it bug anyone else that the trans Mask of Fire doesn't have a

Bryce304

Well, it's very early in the story. I'm sure there will be some story use of it, even if it's minor (like the sparkly Mask of Light in the '03 Takanuva set).

Maybe it gives the power to cook excellent waffles. The most useful power ever.

• Upvote 10

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Well, it's very early in the story. I'm sure there will be some story use of it, even if it's minor (like the sparkly Mask of Light in the '03 Takanuva set).

This must be canon. Add some fantasy-jargon and put it into a place that would make sense in-story, and boom. Mask of perfect waffles.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

This must be canon. Add some fantasy-jargon and put it into a place that would make sense in-story, and boom. Mask of perfect waffles.

The "overpowered masks" topic is over yonder.

In other news, y'all've made me hungry for waffles.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It's obviously the version of the mask that shows up on the pedestal when Tahu replays the level after collecting the gold mask. It's powerless, but collecting it counts as a stage clear just like it did the first time. :P

• Upvote 8

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Even if it doesn't have any storyline purpose, it looks SO cool on Tahu.

(hopefully we get those trans-orange Masks of Fire as well~)

It's obviously the version of the mask that shows up on the pedestal when Tahu replays the level after collecting the gold mask. It's powerless, but collecting it counts as a stage clear just like it did the first time. :P

Hah!

Edited by Dorek

It kinda looks like a powerless mask. Haven't gotten Tahu yet to see if the mask looks good on him, though. 

Probs not going to open it up 'cause of value purposes. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Why does it need storyline significance? It's a promotional give-away mask. The trans green Miru never had a place in the story either.

-NotS

But the copper Huna did. You're probably right though, the trans Hau probably won't be important to the story in any way.

I agree with Banana Gunz in that it could be the way Tahu's mask looks when he is using it. I don't know of any other purpose in the story it could have. But since we don't know that much about said story yet, it could be a story role for it down the line. We'll just have to wait and see if it does. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It wouldn't bother me, because the mold for the mask exists in the real world, and lots of plastic colors exist, including transparent. Why can't LEGO pour clear plastic in that mold if they want to? :P

Just because they poured that color in that mold, doesn't mean the story has to incorporate it per se.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You made me realize that this is such an absurdly common trope in games.

Yeah, like in the 3D Mario games and Captain Toad!

I'm gonna have to agree with a few of the people here who make the point of how some promotional masks don't get a part in the story. Some do, like the Vahi and the Copper Masks of Victory, but then we have the trans-neon Miru that was just something Legoland was giving away, not something that did anything in the story. Or the platinum Avohkii given away back in 2003. That never appeared in the story either. It just strikes me as something like that versus the Copper Masks and Vahi that did have a part in the story.

The Vahi didn't get any story significance until 2003. So, who knows? Perhaps it will get story significance, or perhaps in a few years time (when Bionicle is sweeping through the market ready to launch LEGO into a position of complete world domination) someone at LEGO will look back and go "heeey, that thing was pretty neat. Shall we go and do some storifying with it?"

Much too early to tell yet, basically.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Out of all colors they made it clear .-. That's like the hardest thing to incorporate and awkward for MOCs unless you were making a Toa of Glass or something.

Are you jelly?

-Mr. Swag

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Why does it need storyline significance? It's a promotional give-away mask. The trans green Miru never had a place in the story either.

-NotS

I like to set them up in battle scenes and having a mask that's not real in their world on Tahu just kind of bugs me. Silly, I know. :P

Is it 2015 yet?

The Vahi didn't get any story significance until 2003. So, who knows?

The Vahi had a story role in 2001, but it was only in the PC game. Then when the PC game was cancelled we didn't get to know how it played a role. Greg incorporated the Vahi into the 2003 story and decided that whatever happened in the 2001 game was non-canon because he didn't know about it and the fans didn't know about it.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

-NotS

I agree

But I always thought the trans Miru was an active mask like sparkly Avohkii.

Ps. The trans mask was in my dream last night. Tahu got it from PoF before meeting with the other toa for unrecalled reasons.

The Vahi didn't get any story significance until 2003. So, who knows?

The Vahi had a story role in 2001, but it was only in the PC game. Then when the PC game was cancelled we didn't get to know how it played a role. Greg incorporated the Vahi into the 2003 story and decided that whatever happened in the 2001 game was non-canon because he didn't know about it and the fans didn't know about it.

I'm presuming the topic starter would include a simple bio of what the mask means in the story as a "significance" -- so the Vahi's bio in Comic 3 of 2001 would count, methinks.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)