No Bionicles for little Vrai

Vraiment

I'm from Mexico and I've been looking for 2015 Bionicles as early as mid-december 2014 as I read sometimes stores would stock them early.

Yesterday I went to a WalMart and a toy store chain that's big in Mexico and they informed they didn't have so i decided it was time to contact LEGO, their answer: "In the list of countries that enjoy LEGO® Bionicle, Mexico is not yet included.", so I wept 'till I fell asleep.

I wanted to buy at least Tahu, luckily a relative will go to the USA soon and will be able to purchase it for me (is a shame the exchange rate from mexican peso to dollar is so high right now).

So, anyone has any idea of why were we left out of the list? When LEGO might set its gaze upon us? Any other thoughts?

• Upvote 2

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

How you tried importing the sets? I think that's your best bet of getting the sets in your country in sounds like.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I still don't understand why more people in these unlucky countries don't just buy them online and import them as Chasm suggests. Surely there are websites stocking these sets that will ship to Mexico aren't there? And Alaska! If not, find a proxy buyer on the forums and have them buy them and mail them to you personally. As long as it's a trusted trader you use then I don't see wh ythat wouldn't get you the sets you want nice and quickly with the only additional cost being postage from the country of purchase. Try someone in the US for a cheap option maybe?

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

"In the list of countries that enjoy LEGO® Bionicle, Mexico is not yet included."

Just be patient.

Come on Sir, you know it's not that easy with all this hype flying around! Especially when so many of us have already got the sets, it must be tough to still be waiting. Even worse to not have an ETA on the new sets!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

As I said, luckily a relative will go to the USA and she will be able to get a Tahu for me, but is not ideal, you know? you have to put the set in the baggage and as the new boxes are from cardboard it might damage a little (I like to collect the boxes as well) so only Tahu for now.

Buying across the border is not THAT easy, there are the fridging taxes and shipping expenses and the exchange rate is kind of high and so on... It adds extra layers of complications and money, but it seems is the only way I can do it.

It kind of angers me to see the shelves overflowing with LEGO Star Wars and LEGO The Hobbit sets and not single Bionicle one.

Edited by Vraiment

Buying across the border is not THAT easy, there are the fridging taxes and shipping expenses and the exchange rate is kind of high and so on... It adds extra layers of complications and money, but it seems is the only way I can do it.

It kind of angers me to see the shelves overflowing with LEGO Star Wars and LEGO The Hobbit sets and not single Bionicle one.

You don't need to buy from another country. If your local shops are selling multiple Lego themes, I can almost guarantee Bionicle will be there soon enough. Why can't you just wait a bit longer?

Come on Sir, you know it's not that easy with all this hype flying around! Especially when so many of us have already got the sets, it must be tough to still be waiting.

I am still waiting, as some bad weather has so far gotten in the way of a visit to the brand store.

What's crazy is that Bionicle's factory for the U.S. area is in Mexico, and the back of the boxes have the Toa's names in Spanish...

I have forgot about that... I should go to Monterrey, where the factory is if my memory doesn't fail me, and buy them directly from LEGO... One can dream, you know?  :begging:

Mexico has the LEGO factory. Mexico isn't getting the latest LEGO theme. That makes a lot of sense.

Oh, wait. NO IT DOESN'T!

At least you're not living on an air force base. The BX is just filled to the brim with Rockas and Scaroxs. No Bonkles, though.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I heard on the grapevine that Bionicle would be arriving to Mexico on January 25th. Not sure if that's true, though. I really hope it is, because it would be just in time fo my birthday. As a side note, I really can't beleive they missed the chance for a Día de Reyes sale... guess they wanted to get rid of those Star Wars, Lego Movie, and Chima sets.

Also, about importing them, taxes and shipping expenses kinda doubles the price on each less-than-15-dollars set, mostly because you'll need to pay for DHL or something similar, since our postal service really sucks :(

• Upvote 1

Heh. At least I have a date. February. Oh Mata Nui, who am i kidding? I WANT MY BONKLES!

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I heard on the grapevine that Bionicle would be arriving to Mexico on January 25th. Not sure if that's true, though. I really hope it is, because it would be just in time fo my birthday. As a side note, I really can't beleive they missed the chance for a Día de Reyes sale... guess they wanted to get rid of those Star Wars, Lego Movie, and Chima sets.

Also, about importing them, taxes and shipping expenses kinda doubles the price on each less-than-15-dollars set, mostly because you'll need to pay for DHL or something similar, since our postal service really sucks :(

This guy knows that I'm talking about, but I'll say that lately I've been buying sets and some have arrived via MexPost and I had no trouble at all. Where did you get that release date?

This guy knows that I'm talking about, but I'll say that lately I've been buying sets and some have arrived via MexPost and I had no trouble at all. Where did you get that release date?

I saw it on ImperioToa, apparently it came back, but I can't find the link, sorry.

I also get some sets via MexPost, but the mailman seems to like dropping them five squares away from  my house, just because the numbers on the houses repeat a lot... probably it just happens to me, though XD.