BBC #69 The Shadowed One - Master of Crime

So, this contest inspired me to do some things, including a MOC of a character I previously paid no specific attention to!

I present to you, my first ever public MOC...

The Shadowed One!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RiderOfSpiders/theshadowedone/tso2.jpg

Gallery Link

Entry Picture

Side View

Back View

Head Close-Up

Threatening Pose

So, I'm really nervous about the character, since I posted it online and other spooky stuff. I was troubled entering this one, since I had 4 (!) Keetorange CCBS shells, but I think I distributed them around well.
As I said before, I never really cared about him, but as the never-done character list for this contest grew tighter, I decided to do him. I even managed to be late on him too!  :P Anyway, he features a gear function and all the pieces save for his staff parts and the T-pieces on his hands are available in CCBS sets. ( I had that as a goal to meet )

Hope you like it, I'm over the worst part already so criticism is welcome.

- RoS

Edit: Fixed link problem

Edit: Please link to images over 640x640 pixels in BBC.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

Dangit! I thought The Shadowed one would be a unique choice of character! Guess I was wrong, then.. That means I need to finalize mine soon.

Back on topic, I think it sorta underplays the large, stout Shadowed One of Gen1, which is why I'm not too fond of this particular rendition. Anyways, good luck to you, and for future reference mine will be quite different from yours :P

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Nice mini representation with a familiar colour scheme but I think it's too small to be easily recognisable. If you'd have kept the legs a little bigger and retained the third leg for a tripedal creature I think it would've easily been instantly recognisable though so just one or two small tweaks would fi that. In general though I think it needs to be bigger and not bulkier, but more gangly really. TSO always had long limbs and that funky little neck. Would be nice to see them in his mini representation too! Good mini though (would love to see it with Fisher's Roodaka!) and best of luck in the voting!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Ok, Prowl cannot see any of the pics save for the first one... He is sad... From what I see this is a Nice looking MOC though cannot tell how accurate it is to the original character as I have not idea who that is... I am liking your integration of a Skull Spider for the head and using it's legs for both a face and horns/ears. I could possibly see myself picking this MOC up in stores.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png