Girls' Corner

Alyska

Greg has said that Gresh's parents are probably still out there. Kiina's and Gelu's are possible, given their ages, but we don't know what percentage of the population died during the Shattering.I like to think that gresh's parents got stuck on Bota Magna, so one day Gresh is going to run into a Glatorian plant monster thing and..."Mum? Is that...you?""GRESHIE! WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING A JACKET? BLAAARGH!"

Man, that's going to be the best part of Bionicle ever: when we see Gresh's parents."Aww, Greshie-Weshie, are these your friends? Greshie-poo never had many friends when he was in school, I don't know why. He was such a cute little baby." *Cue embarrassing photos of Gresh*EDIT: Aw now I had to go and make a poorly-drawn comic of Gresh and his mum. Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Jumping into the present conversation! =DGresh's parents? O.o I hope they are awesome. Seriously, just because they are related to Gresh, I say that makes them 20% cooler in ten seconds flat (wrong topic...)Nice comic, and I like Kiina at the end. XD Kiina... annoyed me greatly in The Legend Reborn... -.- Why is it we have yet to discuss Kiina and who she may or may not be in a relationship with? XDD

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Why is it we have yet to discuss Kiina and who she may or may not be in a relationship with? XDD

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a young heroine in possession of a strong and independent personality must be in want of a boyfriend.However little known the feelings or views of such a heroine may be on her first entering a canon, this truth is so well fixed in the minds of the surrounding shippers that she is considered as the rightful property of some one or other of their favourite male characters.

Because that's why (though if I'm not mistaken she actually got the closest thing to a romantic scene since Hewkii and Macku, according to a certain media analysis wiki). I've been meaning to look into the 2009-2010 story though, since if I'm not mistaken it's the only years pretty much all the media involved is available online somewhere or other.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Hehe, that was the joke. ^^ I'm more of a shipper with matoran characters and air elementals myself. ;D (Shipping is a vile disease. D= Then again, it does give some nice story ideas for Hewkii/Macku and Jaller/Hahli fanfics... XP)But Kiina was just too... annoying to be taken seriously... -.- I mean, an interesting demographic would be if she developed a crush on Mata Nui (and if she weren't all pom-pom "Gimme a K!" in her personality I might actually be inclined to be interested... Of course, that would mean ripping her personality apart, inserting a little of this, rewiring that aaaand... You know, I'm starting to see why the GB programmed their female creations: it was to avoid the personality that was Kiina. XD).Joking aside from that very cruel tangent (sorry Kiina... D= ), what does everyone think about female Agori/Glatorian characters? I didn't follow 2010 aside from the movie, so I honestly can't say much =/

I actually made my sig in response to all the "KIINA AND BERIX!"/"KIINA AND GRESH" that was going on in the last version of the topic. ("Media analysis wiki", eh? That makes it sound so sophisticated...)According to Greg, Kiina definitely DOES have a crush on Mata Nui, but she didn't really show it properly until he said goodbye to her. Her movie personality is generally considered not-quite-canon around these parts.As for female Agori characters... What female Agori characters? We've had a dozen or so Agori released as sets, and none of them are female. Even in Sahmad's tale, where it was confirmed that they exist, it was a bit like "Ooh! There's one... oh, wait, she died... Hey, look, another one! Oh... it was just a dream." I'd love to see a female Agori that actually had the privelege of being a named character.Also, nice comic, Zippy. Love the goofy facial expressions.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Hehe, that was the joke. ^^ I'm more of a shipper with matoran characters and air elementals myself. ;D (Shipping is a vile disease. D= Then again, it does give some nice story ideas for Hewkii/Macku and Jaller/Hahli fanfics... XP)

I actually made my sig in response to all the "KIINA AND BERIX!"/"KIINA AND GRESH" that was going on in the last version of the topic. ("Media analysis wiki", eh? That makes it sound so sophisticated...)According to Greg, Kiina definitely DOES have a crush on Mata Nui, but she didn't really show it properly until he said goodbye to her. Her movie personality is generally considered not-quite-canon around these parts.

Whoops. That's what I get for failing a sarcasm check in a thread I don't know much of the history of. And I figure it's better to refer to said wiki obliquely around these parts.So that was canon, huh? I guess I can't offer much of an opinion on it until I actually get to know the characters, but it is interesting to see that Greg chose to slip that in there when the line was set to be axed. Gave him a little wiggle room, I guess.Looking back on the line as a whole, I guess killing any romance after the first year was good for avoiding the issue of female characters getting reduced to love interests with little other personality. It always bugs me when that happens in a story - if you're going to have romance, at least do it well, and make it be one aspect of the characters, not their entire focus. If I wanted a love story I'd read one. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Can't say I'm surprised. Still, my guess is that even that limited amount of pandering would have been toned down or nonexistent had it not been part of the conclusion for the line.

... I didn't follow any of the Agori stories at all, but really? There are no canon female Agori characters? =/ But... the best matoran characters (other than Kongu and Tamaru because I'm a sucker for le-matoran) were the female characters!Knocking back the gender limitations, I'd think there would be even more potential for characters (good characters, mind you) to see off the story. =/I really want to write a story about Hahli and Jaller now... I'm planning on making it different than my SSC8 entry, maybe even darker (I actually like that idea. >=D)Although, I like the idea of showing Hahli's side of things rather than Jaller... Maybe I should flip that around sometime? Hmm... That might be interesting to follow the romantic interest from Hewkii's perspective instead of Macku's. Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Why is everyone assuming the woman Sahmad refers to is his girlfriend/wife? It could very well be his mother. I mean, it's just 'the woman he loved', right? Well, who do you love more than your own mum?Also, I prefer the canon Kiina. You know, the more bitter one from the books and comics. She was actually all right. Not as good as MALUM (*favourite character) but still okay.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

(Okay, so I typed out a post for this topic, but then I realized it was totally off topic, but I thought what I wrote was just too funny to delete, so I added it at the beginning of my interests column -not that anyone actually cares-. I apologize for the inconvenience. XP).Canon Kiina actually sounds interesting now... O.o She had a crush on Mata Nui and her personality was bitter? Looks like I shouldn't judge a character by their movie counterpart (Sidorak is another good example of that). ^^'I have yet to read Sahmad's Tale, so I can't say. But it could also be something along the lines of a kid sister (unless we know that's not the case). Considering how much romance has been down-played in Bionicle, I wouldn't be surprised (and don't get me wrong, I understand perfectly why it was avoided. Romance stories are something to be careful with lest you be left with a mushy gushy disappointment, and I actually kinda like how that's something that's open to the fanbase. It's given me some great inspiration).I ended up writing that short story about Hahli. I'm not totally happy with it, but I'm not totally unhappy with it either. Here's what happened: "I'm gonna write about a Jaller/Hahli ship! 8D"Later"... This doesn't focus on shipping at all. O.o" XD

It could also be his cousin, and Sahmad would be disgusted with you all thinking that he's married to her.It could be Kiina and no one has noticed she's acually a zombie yet. XPIt could be ANYONE. Oh wait it's totally Certavus.

Well, if it was a relative, I think Sahmad would have speciified, given that it was told in the first person. But I think it was a little bit awkwardly written that he never mentioned her name. I understand that names are in limited supply these days, but still... not giving her a name just makes her yet another disposable woman, existing only so she can die to make a male character more angsty. (Nikila is another example, although she was given much more characterisation and a name).I think Greg was being deliberately vague about their relationship 1) for fanfic bait and 2) So he doesn't have to answer questions about all the juicy details. He hates those sorts of questions.

Idunno, considering that Bara Magna was full of Latin names, they might as well of picked some Latin word for her name xD Wouldn't of been too difficult, just grab a Latin-English dictionary.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

... Nikila is best pony toa! D=I think her character is fascinating, and I wish we could see her in a flashback of sorts. Of course, I'm already kinda using her for something, so yay for fanfiction. XPI feel like I need more male characters in my stories... ... ... How do I write a male character? O.o XD (Sorry... just a private joke. I tend to focus on female characters more than male characters whenever I write. Not really intentionally, but it's something I've noticed).And not all disposable characters are women in Bionicle. I mean, just look at Podu... (Okay, sorry, but Podu's the best example I have for that. XD). Though, I guess if it was a relative, then calling her "the woman you loved" is a bit presumptuous (Did... I just spell that correctly on the first try? O.o) of a romantic interest. Although, I'd have to actually read the story to give a good opinion... =/Curious: Do any of you guys shop differently for Christmas gifts based on the gender of the recipient? Like, a kid sibling or a cousin. I remember my brother once wanted to get me a girl's lego set because it came with a bunch of the cat pieces (which are totally adorable), but when my mom found out about his plan, she... persuaded him to shop differently. XD (This was when we were still kids. =') )

Yeah, I was referring more to disposable women in media in general, rather than being exclusive to Bionicle. Christopher Nolan movies are a particularly infamous example.As for Christmas presents, I usually try and base it on what I know about the child, rather than just gender. If I don't know, can always ring their parents. If they're very young kids, I just make soft toys for both genders, like I do for my niece and nephew. I made a dinosaur for my niece last year. But most toys these days are gender segregated, so it's hard to buy things that are percieved as gender-neutral.

EDIT: Worded that wrong. Bluh.I tend to find the best present for anyone is money. But the whole 'buying for gender' thing is lame. I'm female, but I can guarantee you that I will not be thrilled at all if I get given shoes or handbags for Christmas.

The awkward one for me is earrings. Whenever someone gives me earrings, I start fiddling and pulling my hair foward, hoping they don't notice my ears aren't pierced.

You have no idea what shenanigans I had to go through to get my ears pierced, with my huge phobia of needles but wanting to be able to wear Pacman earrings. It involved a lot of shouting and squirming.Makeup's pretty awkward for me. I have no idea what to do with that stuff, as I never saw the need to learn how to apply it. Also, the time I got a french nail kit. :/

Okay, so aside from money, Lego and soft toys, what are the best "gender neutral" gifts for kids? (I mean, if you don't want to give them something stereotypical, but you also don't want a little girl complaining that you gave her a "boys' toy" or vice versa.)I'd say craft and science kits are probably a good bet, but it really depends on the individual child and what their interests are.

A science kit isn't a bad idea if the kid likes to do things kinetically. Also, board games are pretty good gender neutral gifts, and that way you could use it as an excuse to bond as a family (Apples to Apples, Tabboo, etc). Of course there are other things like puzzles and those really neat old-world toys (mountain bolo, exploding nickle banks, marionettes, nail puzzles, etc. I loved those as a kid. ^^). Then again, Sudoku can be fun too... (My word, am I the lamest person on the planet? O.o ... Meh, I can live with that. XP).... Does My Little Pony count as gender neutral? XDD

I wouldn't really recommend MLP toys to anyone who wasn't already a fan. I don't think they have a lot of play value. A DVD of the show might be neutral, though.Actually, I think that's a problem with a lot of toys for girls. They often don't do much other than sit there and look cute.I'm also considering suggesting an idea for a constraction line (buildable action figures) aimed at girls on Lego Cuusoo. How many people here would support something like that?

My suggestion for gifts that are gender neutral? Whatever they happen to like. It's near impossible to just give a broad gift and hope it works; just get whatever they're interested in -preferably something cheap-, and you skip the entire problem.As for the Cuusoo thing, I might support it, depending on what exactly it did.Oh, and status update on the story; it goes well thus far. I've had to make up a few new mask powers but nothing too un-Bionically.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I'd support that idea, yes.But a gender neutral gift? If this doesn't just apply to toys, video games interest kids pretty well. Mario games are things both girls and boys always enjoy it seems like. But if you mean just toys, stuff like as Tekulo said like board games would be okay gifts. Maybe LEGO sets, like sets that would interest both genders might be good gifts. Still, it just depends on what the kids are interested in, honestly.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I'd support the idea of a girl's LEGO line if it looked decent and had play factor.I find that the ideal neutral gift is edible stuff, namely chocolates and lollies. They are the bomb with kids. Oh, and books are a good choice, especially the ones that are gender-neutral, such as the Discworld series or Harry Potter, or perhaps even Andy Griffiths' books.

Books? Oh my gosh I totally forgot about books! I'd get them Hans Christian Andersen or The Brothers Grimm (I freaking love these stories, Hans Christian Andersen's especially). Then again, that would only really make a good gift if the kid was into stories (because Andersen is beast at the surreal).Hmm... I don't see why not, but... girl's line toys can be iffy. If they're all just too pink and frilly I'd be inclined to shy away from it... O.oNot to say pink is bad or anything, it's just these things can be over-done. But it is a pretty neat idea, and it's a genre of toys that I'd think girls would have fun with.

Hmm... I don't see why not, but... girl's line toys can be iffy. If they're all just too pink and frilly I'd be inclined to shy away from it... O.oNot to say pink is bad or anything, it's just these things can be over-done.

And that reason is exactly why Lego needs to start doing something about it. Girls deserve better.I have the blurb 90% done, but I need an image to go with it. I'm not a MOCist, so I guess I'll just do an illustration.

I think I saw a girl's LEGO set once. It was all pink and you made a little white and pink cottage with a pretty little pony.See, this is the sort of thing that is a bit over-the-top. The way I see it, it doesn't have to be pink and frilly to be feminine. In fact, that's how I feel about most things. Like, my friend told me about a female character he found in an anime or something who could kick butt like anyone, but also wore dresses and was all-round feminine. That's the sort of thing I like to see: Feminine, but not Gender-Stereotypical.

I've seen that lego set! I have absolutely no desire to own it! =DHmm... That character reminds me of Saya from Blood+. She is pretty much the world's last hope and is totally awesome at fighting (the story's really good too, so it's not just one of those "hot babe kicks butt" kinds of things), but she also did have a ton of formal scenes and you saw her interact with normal characters and she acted... well, like a normal human girl. It's one of my favorite Anime shows, not because the main character is a feminine chiropteran slayer, but because the show is genuinely good (the fact that she's a feminine girl that fights monsters is just a perk... Hey, I may not like the stereotype, but when it's done right it's surprisingly good. XD).

Okay, here's the draft copy of what I'll be submitting on Cuusoo. Thoughts?

As wonderful as LEGO is, there has always been one area that they've been sadly lacking in: products for girls.Recent market research by LEGO found that many girls do not respond to the traditional minifigure design, which is a big problem when it comes to designing sets for them.LEGO has had some success with boys in its “constraction” lines of buildable action figures, such as BIONICLE, Hero Factory, and the recent wave of licensed Superhero sets. These lines are story-driven, providing a wide range interesting and colourful characters for children to follow the adventures of. So far, these lines have been clearly aimed at boys, with predominantly male casts and masculine-looking sets. Even the few female characters tend to be given bulky, masculine action figures virtually indistinguishable from the males.My suggestion is for a story-driven line of buildable dolls or action figures aimed at a female audience.The figurines would be fully poseable and customisable, allowing for far more flexibility and playability than competing products for girls. They would be conceptually similar to their “constraction” cousins, but with unique pieces and more feminine, streamlined designs. The characters' faces would be humanlike, molded and painted like the Superhero line. If the pieces were compatible with other LEGO lines, such as Technic or BIONICLE, it would further increase playability. The existence of this line could also help remedy complaints in the latter's fandom that parts suitable for feminine-looking characters were not available.While marketing for the BIONICLE and Hero Factory lines tended to focus on action, the marketing on this line could focus on the creative side of play, as children redesign and rebuild their favourite heroines. Incorporating this customisation element into the story somehow would also encourage it. Perhaps a service similar to Hero Factory's “Hero Recon” could be set up, allowing kids to create truly unique characters.That is not to say, however, that this line should not contain any action whatsoever. Action packed shows starring female characters, such as The Powerpuff Girls, Sailor Moon, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic have been known to attract large fanbases composed of both genders. The story could be told through a television series or webisodes, possibly supplemented by other material such as books and games. An episodic story format would probably suit this line, with the characters having to confront a new monster or disaster every week, with the occasional “breather episode” focusing mainly on character interrelationships thrown in. However, there could also be an overarching story arc every season, which gives the story more complexity for older fans.Story and character are a very important part of this line, so it is crucial that the characters are given diverse, interesting personalities to appeal to girls with different styles and interests. A story that can balance action and drama with wit, heart and humour is sure to attract a wide audience.

It's a bit stereotypical in some places, but remember, this is a toy company I'm talking to here.

Hmm... Not bad, but an example of a story set-up might help your case a bit (you're mentioning super heroes, but what exactly do you picture? Of course, LEGO would have the final say and would have to come up with a story anyway, but the more you put into the example, the easier this idea will be to relate to). Also, I'm not too keen on there being human faces. O.o Then again, this is a cool idea. If anything, I'd say you're coming on a bit strong with the technicality, and the pitch might seem overwhelming to a LEGO employee that might take this idea into consideration. Don't be afraid to start from scratch and address why this is such an important issue in the first place. Use examples of the competition and point out the flaws. Show LEGO what you'd like to see happen; something that's different from the status quo and be specific. Barbie is too girly and plastic in looks and the character's personality, My Little Pony's toys don't move and are covered with pink and frills, LEGO's girl sets are bland and exhausting to look at (that would be a good point too. Point out flaws in their current products and offer specifics to alter them with this new line). It's not a bad idea, not at all, but I think the pitch could use a bit more research? A works cited and a professional demeanor might just work wonders alone. That's my two cents anyway.

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Hmm... okay... where should I look for sources for my research?Another thing I have to take into account is that it also has to hold appeal for the general public. It has to get 10 000 votes before Lego even sees it. So, public first, Lego second. That's why I don't want to rant too much about girls' toys in general, and I'm trying to keep it worded positively. And criticising Lego outright may bring down the wrath of people who might have otherwise supported the idea. I have already mentioned that the sets will have more flexibility and play value than *ahem* competing products. I wouldn't dare say anything bad about MLP- I'd get slaughtered!You know, I was actually more concerned about overwhelming them with story than overwhelming them with set descriptions, which is why I didn't put much effort into describing the story. That, and the fact that anything I submit automatically becomes Lego's intellectual property, whether they use it or not- which means that I will never be able to use the ideas myself. So, I've come up with some stuff I'd like to see in the story, without giving them any info on the story itself. I'd actually rather see what Lego comes up with on their own.

Hmm... Putting it up to the public first and LEGO second does put a damper on things a bit. XDWell, I have no idea if you could get a census about girl's toys (which ones girls tend to buy/what's popular, etc). That would be a valuable thing to look up, if you include it in your pitch or not. Also, research the competition. Look at what other toy companies are doing to sell to the girl target audience. Also, you should put an age group onto this idea too. I'd think it would be around 6-16 like Bionicle for what you're talking about, but that's just my assumption. I personally think it's a risk not to point attention at the current girls sets from LEGO, though. "If it's not broken, fix it anyway" while a good moral, isn't something everybody adheres to. "Why offer another girls' line when we already have sets for girls?" is something that could easily be brought up, and staying one step ahead of that question would probably be valuable. That is, don't bash the sets and say they're horrible, bland and lame, but just say "I can see why these sets are like this and they have good points to them, but they don't cover what I'm getting at and marketing to girls could be improved within the LEGO community." type of message. Be constructive about it and I think you'll be fine (then again, haters gonna hate... but how much of this, a huge LEGO-fan based website comprises of die-hard LEGO Girl's themed toys? I haven't been the most active pony in the herd, but I have seldom, if ever, come across a huge fan of the sets for girls. Not to say they aren't out there, but I don't think it's a large enough group to worry about. Then again, a census would help with this too. XD See how well the girls products are selling. If they're lacking, then there would be all the more reason to try something new).It's also never a bad thing to see what girls are interested in these days. Maybe it's super heroes or it's still the classic princess story and Strawberry Shortcake. Ninja Princesses from space! I could see it now. XD Jewels and gems, horses, ponies, cats, dogs. I know this is all sounding stereotypical, but these things do tend to sell (otherwise they would have done something different in marketing. This is meant to be different and stand out amongst girl things, so try to avoid the cliches that don't work and maybe incorporate the popular things in a new way for this line. Just an idea, but these types of things couldn't hurt). The thing is, the audience and the professional LEGO employees are two completely different target audiences for the same thing. I don't like the idea of polling the public, but I suppose the only other way to get around that were to have a direct contact within LEGO Cuusoo (which I'm guessing we don't have. XD). I would probably just want two separate pitches (one for each). The audience would want to know "What's this going to cost," "What's this all about," "How is this a good thing?" and the professionals are going to worry about "Who are we going to need to hire?" "Can we do a comic?" "How do we come up with characters?" "What set pieces can we use for this?" "How much would an initial trial run of sets cost?" "How do we advertise?" and so on (That's what I'd want to know if I were a LEGO employee, I'd think). Anyway, I totally see where you're coming from with the story, and LEGO could likely come up with their own ideas without too much hassle (and they'd probably have to tear apart any initial idea anyway. XD). Of course, I'm not a pro at toy marketing, so results may vary if you take my advice. XDD

Yeah, I think one of my main arguments for Lego doing this (in addition to their other stuff for girls) is because nothing like it exists yet. Then again, that also makes it a complete "wild card" in that Lego has no idea if toys of this sort would sell or not. There's a lot of material I could put in the main post, but I think I might save this sort of thing for the comments section. I should be able to edit it if I need to. I'm sure a topic as controversial as this is bound to attract discussion.I am expecting a lot of criticism in that "We already have Lego Friends for girls! We don't need this!" or "Nooo, don't replace Hero Factory with this girly crud!", so I'll probably need to point out that this line CAN co-exist with the others without cannibalizing sales, because of the unique niche it has. I am a little worried that not many people on Cuusoo will be in my target audience, though, so I'm not expecting a significant number of supporters...And I've decided that my concept art will include three characters: One extremely girly, one more neutral/tomboyish looking... and one goth. I want to get the message across that this line can be very flexible style-wise.

I like where you're going with this, but I can't shake this feeling of dread I have which stems fom the worry that they'll send out something like Bratz or Barbie. Lordy, do I dislike Bratz. It's like they're encouraging botox and lip injections for kids, not to mention enforcing the stereotypical view that women have to like fashion and do everything in an overly flirtatious way.Your ideas seem pretty good, though. You just need to put more about specific ideas in it.

It's online!I made a few edits to it, and added in a little more about the problem with existing girls' toys. There is an edit button on it, so I can make changes to it if necessary.I've decided that I'm not going to give Lego story ideas, even if I think of them, because anything put up there automatically becomes Lego's property, (even if it doesn't get 10 000 votes) and I don't want to give Lego story ideas without some guarantee that they're going to use them. The artwork should give you a better idea of what I'm going for.Ugh, I hate Bratz, too. I mean, fishnet stockings on something aimed at seven year olds? No thank you.

Okay, the gothic character looks awesome! I'd totally get the set if this happened! XDIf there's any color pairing I love to no end, it's green and black (and bonus points for the gothic theme). And yes, the visual gives a much better illustration of what you're going for. ^^ They're not very set-like in design, but the style seems to be the more important take away from that. The rest can be figured out later. Honestly, I'd love to see a girl's toy line like this. They remind me of teen titans: you have a Starfire, a Tara and a Raven there. XDD (Not at all a bad thing as those characters are totally awesome. XP).I'll support this (although, I'm totally new to LEGO Cuusoo. ^^' ).

Man, that is awesome. I like the oceanic-styled female. :)But did you guys see the teaser for the new girl's line on the main BZP page? I'M WEARING MY ANGRY EYEBROWS AT THOSE BUTTERFLIES.

Well, they certainly have a long way to go, but at least Lego Friends is a sign that Lego is acknowledging that girls can like construction toys. I hope that the line sells reasonably well, so that Lego doesn't give up on girls altogether.