Super Mario

PowerMiner

This is a topic to discuss the Super Mario Bros. Series. I got Super Mario 3D Land yesterday, amazing game. And I finished EVERYTHING in the game today. Except maybe getting some time trials done.I have loved this series for YEARS. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine... Oh yeah...~PowerMiner~

My first game ever was Super Mario 64.I only recently beat it. That time trial slide and the clock world were just so...impossible!

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

I'm a bit on the edge on getting 3D Land, as I really didn't like NSMBWii at all...I'm really excIted for Mario Kart 7, I'm a huge fan of Mario Kart. Have every game, haven't lost any for a while...

You should get 3D Land, it is a lot of fun. The new system I found quite fun, I hope they reuse again.

I'm just wondering: does 3D Land play more like a timed version of 64/Sunshine/Galaxy or the 2-D platformers with 3D effects?Just wondering, haven't seen any gameplay vids yet...

Its kind of like Super Mario bros., time-wise anyway. But there are some timed challenges where you collect clocks as-to not run out of time.Well.. Its hard for me to explain what the game-play is like... But I'll just say the jumps are pretty precise and fun to use and the Tanooki suit is GREAT.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a Mario game or two on the Wii. After getting a points card, I'm planning on getting Kirby 64, which leaves me with 1000 points ($10,) to spend on other games. I'm debating between Kirby's Dreamland 3 paired with Super Mario Bros either 1 or 3, Super Mario Bros 1 paired with 3, or Super Smash Bros 64. (though SSB I'm not so sure about since I can get Melee I can play on Wii or Gamecube and is also only $10.)

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

when it came to the 2d sidescrollers, i always preferred Sonic games.however Sonic became terrible when it shifted to 3d, yet mario stayed fun, so i guess they win there.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii was a classic in my opinion. The Mario Kart games are great too, and 3D Land is on my list. Not too close to the top, so it may be a while, but its on there. Got a 9.5 from GameInformer. Oh, yeah, and Super Mario 64 is one of the games I'm planning on getting for my old 64. Got it from my cousins back in May.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I have completed every Mario game 100% (mainstream ones, not the spin offs.) I loved them all, with World, 64, and Sunshine being my favorites (64 is the best of those.) I liked how Sunshine actually had a bit of a plot. My least favorites were probably the two Galaxy games. They were both a bit too easy (especially the first one) and I had to play through the first one twice just to unlock the final level. Thanks a lot, Nintendo.I speed run all the games pretty well (except Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and 3D Land, because those have no huge shortcuts).Oh, and I LOVE Luigi's Mansion, but seeing as that is now getting a sequel, I consider it a different series.

Is Super Mario 3D Land worth getting? I'm planning on getting a 3DS after Christmas, and I'm not sure if I should get the bundle with 3D Land or if I should just buy a 3DS any some other game for it (probably Kirby Super Star Ultra.)

That depends on your point of view. I found the first 8 worlds disappointingly easy, but the rest of the game was pretty great. The 3D looked wonderful with this game, and the level design was nice.

I thought 3D Land was great. The beginning is ridiculously easy, but still fun. It gets tougher towards the end and the Special Worlds can get brutally hard, so that makes up for the simplistic levels of the first few worlds. If you've ever been playing a sidescroller and wondered "What would this look like from another angle?" this game is pretty much based on that idea.

p

I beat 3D Land recently, (not 100%, but I'm getting there.) and I must say that it is absolutley fantastic. It can use a few more original ideas here and there, but it's not that bad because all of the reused ideas have a cool twist.(Cosmic Mario and the final boss come to mind) All in all, it was a great game and I hope Nintendo makes more games like this.

banner12.png

Heeheeheehee...

I beat 3D Land recently, (not 100%, but I'm getting there.) and I must say that it is absolutley fantastic. It can use a few more original ideas here and there, but it's not that bad because all of the reused ideas have a cool twist.(Cosmic Mario and the final boss come to mind) All in all, it was a great game and I hope Nintendo makes more games like this.

That final boss fight was EPIC, and the Cosmic Mario thing is really annoying in a level in World S8.

That final boss fight was EPIC, and the Cosmic Mario thing is really annoying in a level in World S8.
Special 7-4. I never ever want to have to do that ever again.

p

Special 7-4. I never ever want to have to do that ever again.
Which one was that?