I Return...with Extreme Kolhii!

Hewkii Inika

First off, I'll humor myself by saying that some might be wondering where I've been for the last ten months. Honestly, it was my own darn fault. Let's just say I overreacted about something, and to anyone who knows what I'm talking about, I sincerely apologize. Nice new forum, BTW. :PAnyways, time to talk about a game I posted back on the old forum: Extreme Kolhii!extremekolhiibanner.pngWhat is this, exactly? Well, let me say it's better than it sounds. Basically, it's a more crazy-than-normal game of Kolhii, complete with power-ups, super-shots, and a humorous commentary courtesy of Nidhiki and Krekka. You can play by yourself against an AI opponent, or you can compete against one of your friends. There's also weather, but it's currently random and has no effect on gameplay. Eventually there will be difficulty levels, new power-ups, new commentary and new modes of play, such as different challenges that test your Kolhii skills.Controls are:Player 1:W = move forwardS = move backwardA = turn leftD = turn rightSpace = shoot/steal/deflect (depends on who has the ball and if its out of hands)Player 2 (in 2-player mode only)Up = move forwardDown = move backwardLeft = turn leftRight = turn rightCtrl = shoot/steal/deflectDemo (updated 11/27/11):http://www.mediafire.com/?k0qyqcizqzc5mooLet me know what you guys think!

Edited by Hewkii Inika

My sig is empty for now. Well, I guess now it isn't, lol.

Pretty interesting game, this. I liked the commentary, it added a lot of the needed feel. I was a bit annoyed with how you turn your character around (blue one always outruns me while I do), but overall I liked it. Nice work. :)

Edited by Katuko

YES! *fist pump*im glad this is back!I still have the 2008 version on my pc xDare you going to put back up and/or continue development on your other games, namely bionicle park tycoon and that one rts I forgot the name of with vahki and visorak...AHA! bionicle swarms, right?I think that is it.i went to my friends house in Ohio i think in 2009, and he was obsessed with that one rts game you made

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

All right, next demo posted. This includes a main menu, a brand-new Kolhii field, BOOSTED power-shots (there's only one way to get them, and trust me, it's worth it :P) and post-game stats that allow you to review the game you just played. Check it out! :biggrin:EDIT: On second thought, I need to fix a few things, as I found a LOT of glitches in multiplayer mode. But single-player works fine. However, I'm still going to fix the glitches in multiplayer pretty soon, however.

Edited by Hewkii Inika

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! I loved this game when you first posted it. I have a few suggestions:1. I love the control scheme, but Katuko raises an excellent point that the AI can move in a way the controls simply don't allow, which is somewhat frustrating. If you make the AI's movement resemble the player's controls more, that would be awesome2. There is a single target on the field at a time - the ball. Sometimes there's a powerup, but those are so good that both I and the bot will abandon chasing the ball to go get the powerup, so that becomes the single target. The main problem that creates is that the two players are usually right on top of each other, which looks funny, makes it difficult to do anything, and generally makes the game feel repetitive and robotic. A couple of suggestions to fix that:2a. Add some sort of stamina system, probably with a sprint button, that causes players to move at different speeds at different times - that should allow a player on offensive to break away long enough to make a shot, or allow a defensive player to catch up if he's across the field. In general, it will make the game feel a bit more natural and strategic.2b. Add some sort of tactically viable reason for you to not be in the same place as your opponent. I'm not sure what that would be.3. The commentary is great! It would be even better if you expanded it to be somewhat more context aware - for example, "Hey, look, Ta-Koro just figured out how to play Kohlii!" (if they take the lead after losing for most of the game)

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Thanks! :D Those suggestions are good, and I'll figure out how to tweak the AI player to make him be more like the human player.Oh, I just thought I'd say this, because I forgot to last time: the Santa hats the Kolhii players have is just a temporary thing. It's only in December. Once January hits, they'll go away. I made the coding so that when your computer's calender says it's December, the hats appear. I thought it'd be funny... :P

Oh, I just thought I'd say this, because I forgot to last time: the Santa hats the Kolhii players have is just a temporary thing. It's only in December. Once January hits, they'll go away. I made the coding so that when your computer's calender says it's December, the hats appear. I thought it'd be funny... :P

Honestly, it took me a few minutes to even notice the hats were there. It was kind of embarrassing when I did notice...

IrMSNn3.png