What if the MU was a pocket dimension?

Man, some of these debates about gen1 just get so complicated and over analyzing. Yeesh, are we really debating the size of a giant robot that is A) in the story of a kids' toy line and B) not even in the canon of that toy line anymore?

That's the very essence of BZP.

Overanalyzing. Monopolistic canonization. Pretending that BZP is the entire fandom.

• Upvote 3

TOO LATE.

IT WAS ALWAYS TOO LATE.

Man, some of these debates about gen1 just get so complicated and over analyzing. Yeesh, are we really debating the size of a giant robot that is A) in the story of a kids' toy line and B) not even in the canon of that toy line anymore?

Overanalyzing. Monopolistic canonization. Pretending that BZP is the entire fandom.

I second this.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I second this.

Well, I assumed that since this site has been active since 2001, it's pretty much the quintessential AFoL fansite. I've seen some bionicle fans on Tumblr, but it seems that quite a few of them are on BZP too.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

BZPower (and BIONICLESector01, which is very closely affiliated) are the most prominent and officially endorsed BIONICLE fan sites, but that doesn't mean there aren't others out there. I've seen plenty of BIONICLE fans on Tumblr who don't appear to be active or have an account on BZPower, and there are pockets of BIONICLE fans on other sites like EuroBricks and YouTube (although there appear to be many unsavory individuals in that particular BIONICLE community).

• Upvote 3
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Er, the giant robot is canon. I have word of Greg and at least three official story sources to back me up on that. :P

• Upvote 1

Er, the giant robot is canon. I have word of Greg and at least three official story sources to back me up on that. :P

Fishers, I was referring to the reboot being canon, whereas pre-2015 can be considered non-canon when compared to new content. Like, the MU is not canon in the universe that contains Okoto.

Because we have elevated pedantry to a high art!

Because the world of BIONICLE has captured our imaginations, and so we find it enjoyable to discuss and analyze. Sure, we don't need to, but then, we needn't pay any attention to BIONICLE whatsoever,

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Because we have elevated pedantry to a high art!

Because the world of BIONICLE has captured our imaginations, and so we find it enjoyable to discuss and analyze. Sure, we don't need to, but then, we needn't pay any attention to BIONICLE whatsoever,

Well, you make a good point. I just found it interesting that were are still discussing some, frankly, odd topics

This isn't an odd topic -- it's been one of the regulars since we learned of the size.

And you seem (both in this and an earlier post) to be under a misconception that the reboot has anything to do with not being able to enjoy discussing the original, which, if I may say, is itself rather odd. :P (The giant robot not being in the reboot is something fans of the giant robot voted for too, you know, in a poll I ran on it. It has nothing to do with anything against that idea, as if it's not an interesting concept... quite the opposite, but that also means it's been done, and a reboot can't really copy off of it and also be original. Every year of Bionicle tried to be original somehow -- which means old themes will not be repeated AND remain interesting -- "timeless". :))

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Fishers, I was referring to the reboot being canon, whereas pre-2015 can be considered non-canon when compared to new content. Like, the MU is not canon in the universe that contains Okoto.

Yes, but the fact that the reboot has its own canon doesn't invalidate the first line's canon. 

• Upvote 1

Bonesiii, I guess you're right... I can be a little stubborn, and I guess I sometimes feel like we should totally move on... But where's the fun in that? Heck, I love talking about Bionicle, no matter what generation. Sorry for being a bit of a butt.

Fishers, you're absolutely right. Don't really know what I was thinking, there. There's no one Bionicle canon. Two, in fact. I guess I should just shut and head back to Bionicle Discussion, eh?

In all honesty, though, I like having this community where I can be criticized and not feel like poop (was gonna use another word that is not a swear, but the filter didn't like it). Don't really know how it works, but I like it. A lot.

Edited by Cwog
  • Upvote 2

Very glad for that. :)

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)