Official Ebay Auctions Topic

Watashi Wa

Here's a listing for a Gold Mask of Jungle:

.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-GOLD-Bionicle-Lewa-Kanohi-Mask-of-Jungle-2015-with-Custom-Display-Pedestal-/201393733475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee4007f63

It looks like it might be real gold,  but it could be a well crafted replica or even just painted gold. I asked the seller if It was real Gold or just painted and he said that he wasn't sure and that he just got it from a friend. 

Looks suspicious, either way I just wanted to let y'all know it's out there. 

EDIT: The Mask stand is probably just one of the ones for sale on shapeways. This mask is probably just a custom painted one too. 

Edited by MOJBK

.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-GOLD-Bionicle-Lewa-Kanohi-Mask-of-Jungle-2015-with-Custom-Display-Pedestal-/201393733475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee4007f63

It looks like it might be real gold,  but it could be a well crafted replica or even just painted gold. I asked the seller if It was real Gold or just painted and he said that he wasn't sure and that he just got it from a friend. 

EDIT: The Mask stand is probably just one of the ones for sale on shapeways. This mask is probably just a custom painted one too. 

I could be mistaken, but this looks quite clearly fake to me. Look at the texture on the inside surface (third picture), and compare it to this.

And the seller claims he doesn't even know if it's gold or just painted plastic? Granted, there's a chance it's real, but this is almost certainly someone's attempt at fraud. I don't think it's one of Masonkh's replicas, though; as far as I know, he doesn't chrome the inside surfaces.

Masonkh just told me that he does chrome the insides, so there's a possibility someone is reselling one of his. He's looking into it.

He's confirmed that it's plastic, but it's not one of his.

If we could find the original winner we could verify the authenticity or lack thereof.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

I could be mistaken, but this looks quite clearly fake to me. Look at the texture on the inside surface (third picture), and compare it to this.

And the seller claims he doesn't even know if it's gold or just painted plastic? Granted, there's a chance it's real, but this is almost certainly someone's attempt at fraud. I don't think it's one of Masonkh's replicas, though; as far as I know, he doesn't chrome the inside surfaces.

If we could find the original winner we could verify the authenticity or lack thereof.

-Letagi

If, lets say, one of winners did want to sell one of their respective masks, how would they go about confirming it's legitimacy? Did they get some sort of certificate? 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

If, lets say, one of winners did want to sell one of their respective masks, how would they go about confirming it's legitimacy? Did they get some sort of certificate? 

Oh, that's another good point. There were indeed certificates of authenticity that came with the masks. You can see the one that BZP member ksprice45 received with the gold Mask of Earth in the video here.

-Letagi

LMAO! What a bad attempt at fraud.

Masonkh just told me that he does chrome the insides, so there's a possibility someone is reselling one of his. He's looking into it.

-Letagi

I've looked it over and I can confirm with 110% assurity that this is NOT one of the official solid gold masks, but just a custom one.

The real winner was whoever posted this photo.  (I think it was someone on instagram?  I don't have an account there, so I don't really know who it is.)

I have asked the seller about it but it seems he has "conveniently" responded that he's "out of office".  I would strongly suggest anyone who is able to ask him specifically to see a photo of the back of the mask.  If it's custom, there will likely be non-gold areas on the tabs, meaning that he's knowingly listed it as gold when it's really plastic.

EDIT:  It appears that he has put "CUSTOM" at the beginning of his ebay entry which will definitely help deter anyone looking for the official solid gold masks.

Edited by masonkh

A general rule of thumb is if it looks too good to be true then it definitely is too good to be true. Who in the world would sell their solid gold mask, and why would it be selling for ~$100? I know I'm late to the party, but I expect that there's going to be more fraud posted if there-s any accessibility to Masonkh's Chroming process.

Agree. Any one should know that a mask of this type is over $2000.

---

Some good auctions:

Bohrok lot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicle-12-Bohrok-Figures-Plus-Large-figures-lot-Masks-Parts-Weapons/111723472264?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3Dfe74ac83db2a4001873586dca21039a0%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D20%26sd%3D381312269782

Lhikan: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Bionicle-Metru-Nui-Warriors-Toa-Lhikan-and-Kikanalo-8811-/161773515562?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Toa mata set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Bionicle-Toa-Mata-set-/252038295237?hash=item3aaea72ec5

Overpriced mask lot:http://www.ebay.com/itm/150-plus-LEGO-BIONICLE-MASKS-AND-HEADs-VARIOUS-JOB-LOT-/231633688454?hash=item35ee719786

There's a golden ignika and a black matatu in that lot, maybe with some negotiation skills someone could get them cheap...

---

this lot is super cheap, and includes some nice masks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicle-Spare-Parts-Weapons-Figures-Characters-Instructions-/381342788806?hash=item58c9cd2cc6

90 usd sealed voporak: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bionicle-10203-New-In-Box-/121714000472?hash=item1c56b84258

Edited by fikou92

It looks like it might be real gold, but it could be a well crafted replica or even just painted gold. I asked the seller if It was real Gold or just painted and he said that he wasn't sure and that he just got it from a friend.

EDIT: The Mask stand is probably just one of the ones for sale on shapeways. This mask is probably just a custom painted one too.

-Letagi

I've looked it over and I can confirm with 110% assurity that this is NOT one of the official solid gold masks, but just a custom one.

The real winner was whoever posted this photo. (I think it was someone on instagram? I don't have an account there, so I don't really know who it is.)

I have asked the seller about it but it seems he has "conveniently" responded that he's "out of office". I would strongly suggest anyone who is able to ask him specifically to see a photo of the back of the mask. If it's custom, there will likely be non-gold areas on the tabs, meaning that he's knowingly listed it as gold when it's really plastic.

EDIT: It appears that he has put "CUSTOM" at the beginning of his ebay entry which will definitely help deter anyone looking for the official solid gold masks.

Actually, I was checking the feedback the buyers have left on masonkh account and in fact there is a buyer with 1359 feedback, the same amount than the user who is selling the golden jungle mask.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I was checking the feedback the buyers have left on masonkh account and in fact there is a buyer with 1359 feedback, the same amount than the user who is selling the golden jungle mask.

Good observation.  He bought the Lewa mask even.  I guess the "gift" statement is a lie too.

Masonkh, how would you feel about telling us his real name and address?  It would be fun to mail him a box of feces (or some such thing).

• Upvote 1

Good observation.  He bought the Lewa mask even.  I guess the "gift" statement is a lie too.

Masonkh, how would you feel about telling us his real name and address?  It would be fun to mail him a box of feces (or some such thing).

I believe you are correct.  I also do believe I know who he is and that he is fully aware that the mask is one of the chrome coated plastic ones.  it would be unethical for me to give out his personal information and I generally don't mind if people resell the chrome parts purchased from me, but it's NOT okay when one tries to deceive their buyers into purchasing something they do not want.

So far, no one has bid on it, so I'm not super worried about it at the moment.  If he still feels like selling the gold mask after this entry is over, hopefully he'll sell it at a lower price and with a bit less deception.

Edited by masonkh
  • Upvote 1

I believe you are correct.  I also do believe I know who he is and that he is fully aware that the mask is one of the chrome coated plastic ones.  it would be unethical for me to give out his personal information and I generally don't mind if people resell the chrome parts purchased from me, but it's NOT okay when one tries to deceive their buyers into purchasing something they do not want.

So far, no one has bid on it, so I'm not super worried about it at the moment.  If he still feels like selling the gold mask after this entry is over, hopefully he'll sell it at a lower price and with a bit less deception.

This guy needs to be reported.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Not just reported, he needs to be exposed. Chances are he's a member here and/or on other Bionicle subforums. We could nail this guy if we knew who he was.

Woah, guys, I know the guy is a class-A jerk, but do we really need to bring out the pitchforks? It's just a lot on eBay. They may have been intentionally vague, but it's not a crime, and the most we should be morally obligated to do is make a few clicks and flag their eBay listing. Taking it personally won't do anyone any good.

I must agree.  I mean, I know people have strong feelings about this but it's starting to get a bit out of hand.  I've contacted the seller as best as I can to see what he can do about changing the Ebay listing, and that's about as much can be done.  This thread is supposed to be dedicated to Ebay listings.  Let's not let it turn into a hate thread.

EDIT:  It appears that the seller has changed the price from $150 to $100, which is much closer to the actual cost of the shapeways base + the custom mask.

Edited by masonkh
  • Upvote 1

Not just reported, he needs to be exposed. Chances are he's a member here and/or on other Bionicle subforums. We could nail this guy if we knew who he was.

Get your pitchforks here!

• Upvote 1

I asked if the mask was made of metal and if it was made by LEGO.

He responded that the mask was made by LEGO.

Dear lordofthepit,

Is the mask made of metal? Was it made by LEGO?

- flintsmith

Dear flintsmith,

It is made by Lego.

- lordofthepit
Edited by Flintsmith
  • Upvote 3

I asked if the mask was made of metal and if it was made by LEGO.

He responded that the mask was made by LEGO.

Seeing as the seller has stated that the mask was made by lego, there are two possible scenarios we can pull out of his statement:

1.The mask is the real gold mask given out in the mask contest. (This is highly unlikely as he stated that the mask was custom made.)

2. The mask is a custom and he made the argument that it was made by lego as a piece that came with the lewa set, thus no

lies have been stated except that he did not get this mask as a gift.

Hmm, what colour are those Akaku's in the 2nd mask lot? 

They're not blue, and look different from the black Pakari. Almost dark purplish?

I'm pretty sure they're brown, unless the seller somehow has two of Flintsmith's rare metallic purple ones. :P

-L

Lot of 30 Vahki, for those who are into that sort of thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Bionicle-Vahki-Super-Lot-of-30-Keerakh-Vorzakh-Nuurakh-Zadakh-Bordakh-/181800424094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a5426529e

Technically that's like...< $3 each if you can swallow the upfront cost.

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121705300351?_mwBanner=1

We'll this made me do a double take

It's not the PA but it sure made me look

It's like the platinum one was buried somewhere on Dagobah.
Yeah really, I was trying to find an Salk sale so I googled metal mask and this came up and I was like WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

I bought a VMKK for the price of that Kaukau a couple of years back....Why do the prices have to rise so much on collectibles? :(

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Considering that the whole set sells for $125-$150 and that this is the only exclusive piece for this set, I don't think it's that bad of a price (not that I would buy it though). I actually bought a toa mata nui without his weapons for around $50 a few months ago and paid another $15 to buy his other parts.  

Considering that the whole set sells for $125-$150 and that this is the only exclusive piece for this set, I don't think it's that bad of a price (not that I would buy it though). I actually bought a toa mata nui without his weapons for around $50 a few months ago and paid another $15 to buy his other parts.  

From where? eBay? (the Toa Mata Nui).

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

From where? eBay? (the Toa Mata Nui).

Yeah, I got him on eBay. I couldn't believe it almost that I had got him for so cheap. The auction ended in the morning, which is when I think fewer people are able to bid, so that's why I think he was so cheap.