Rayman Origins

JiMing

Hmm my favorite level so far? Probably the Sea of Serendipity. The swimming is great and so is the music :biggrin: .

I like the music, too. The deep sea singing piece (I think it's called "Glou Glou") is my favorite from that world. It's so haunting yet peaceful, and a little wacky, but not too much.

Next is Jibberish Jungles. It's the first world of the game, what other reason do I need to like it :P ?

Because it's got some jaw-harp in it. That by itself makes it awesome. :P

You know, I just completed the boss of Jibberish Jungles, and I have to say, the boss design could be better.But it doesn't destroy the entire game, because the LEVEL design is already really good.It also annoys me that you feel stupid for dying on the bosses because they are so simple.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Got this game for Christmas. Already on Mystic Piques.I really have nothing bad to say. Some of the levels are tricky, but fun at the same time. Speaking of tricky, those Tricky Treasures are incredibly fun.Music's great too. I agree with two posts above me. Glou Glou is an amazing piece.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Rayman origins reminds us of the times of good comical humor insted of the violent games we have today (don't get me wrong, love HALO), and brings back rayman in a bang! Also, Globox and Betilla(Bow chicka wow wow) are back along with Murphy plus with a new cast of characters like the other nypmhs(BOW Chicka WOW WOOOOWWWWW). And the drawings in the game make t more cartoonish which made me want this game even more! Proving that a game does not need 3d graphics to be beautiful

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Before it seemed to have made its way to the Wii for some reason, I wanted the game so much, and wanted to support Ubisoft for actually making a Rayman game with Rayman in it for once so badly I was willing to buy a PS3/360 copy without even having a 360 or PS3. But now that I see it's on the Wii as well, I may as well get it from there, even though I'll have to sacrifice the fancy HD the other consoles get, though the amount of console-exclusive games I want is large enough to justify getting one of the two anyways, but I'll just settle for the Wii version.I've always wanted to try out the Rayman games, I've currently got my eye on digital copies of the first two games in the series. (still slightly unsure if I can mention the site's name here, as heavenly as it is, and I'll plan on getting Origins and Hoodlum Havoc later on)

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

I actually haven't tried it yet but this game seems quite inferior compared to Rayman Revolution, the best game of the serie IMO. It is true than Rayman was born as a 2D game but personally I would prefer to see something in 3D as next game of the serie.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Before it seemed to have made its way to the Wii for some reason, I wanted the game so much, and wanted to support Ubisoft for actually making a Rayman game with Rayman in it for once so badly I was willing to buy a PS3/360 copy without even having a 360 or PS3. But now that I see it's on the Wii as well, I may as well get it from there, even though I'll have to sacrifice the fancy HD the other consoles get, though the amount of console-exclusive games I want is large enough to justify getting one of the two anyways, but I'll just settle for the Wii version.I've always wanted to try out the Rayman games, I've currently got my eye on digital copies of the first two games in the series. (still slightly unsure if I can mention the site's name here, as heavenly as it is, and I'll plan on getting Origins and Hoodlum Havoc later on)

While I haven't played any Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 games, I can tell you that Rayman Origins looks fine on the Wii. The framerate is smooth as well, and so it really depends if you want to play it in HD.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, if there was one negative thing to say about this game, it would be that the characters are too small.Now, this was most likely so that we could see the entire level, but you lose track of where your character is now and then.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I never had this problem. As a matter of fact, I really didn't have any problems with this game. Even the lack of a final boss wasn't too bad. All games seem dependent on boss battles, but honestly, the lack of one in this game didn't bother me. It was crazy and fun and kept my interest all the way through.Oh yeah, beat the game. Except for getting ALL the Lums, but I probably won't go after them. I got all the Electoons.So... who likes my banner and avatar?Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

I never had this problem. As a matter of fact, I really didn't have any problems with this game. Even the lack of a final boss wasn't too bad. All games seem dependent on boss battles, but honestly, the lack of one in this game didn't bother me. It was crazy and fun and kept my interest all the way through.Oh yeah, beat the game. Except for getting ALL the Lums, but I probably won't go after them. I got all the Electoons.So... who likes my banner and avatar?Kalhiki

Love the banner and pic. Also, you didn't here it from me, but Rayman 4 (The one we were promised in 06 but got replaced by RRR) is coming out in either 2012 or some time later! Same everything, minus enemies. Some speculate it would be revenge of the Hoodlums, or a new species or what not. So Rayman Origins is not the prequel to the series, but the 3.5 kinda. So yea.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Where did you hear this?Also, if it's true (need to see the source), then I'd assume it would be a 3D game. I remember some concept art from it way back when, so this certainly excites me!Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Where did you hear this?Also, if it's true (need to see the source), then I'd assume it would be a 3D game. I remember some concept art from it way back when, so this certainly excites me!Kalhiki

Dutch website called "www.nu.nl" says that the creator of the Rayman games slapped Rayman Origins on a game disc so he can start working on a real sequel to the rayman series. it says the rabbids will be replaced by a new enemy. We know now that Rayman Origins isn't the prequel to the game series but more as a cannonical reboot