Tahu Holding A Fireball

Legolover-361

tahu_thumbnail.jpg(Click for full image.)

I originally drew this artwork for MatoroIgnika's Project 2012 calendar. However, I was told it was too simplistic than calendar artwork was intended, so I have been working on another drawing for the project. The drawing stemmed from my idea of "simple elegance": making something look good without overwhelming viewers with fancy effects; I daresay I succeeded.Critiques would be appreciated.

Edited by Legolover-361

Dude, that's awesome.I love the fire, it looks phenomenal with the rest of the picture, and the overall style. That sort of pseudo cross-hatched shading, and general sketchy look to the picture is just beautiful.If I had to nitpick, I'd say that the gear in the back is a little oblong near the bottom, and the perspective could be better on the back. But honestly, I like it just the way it is. :)

jlovfkk.jpg

This is beautifully done, and while there is a simplicity to it, a draw back to the lego we all used to see that, first time you got your Bionicle set, it's a nostalgic image. Tahu's expression, is great, though personally I'd like to see him look a little sadder but that's just because you got my imagination flowing.Oh yeah it's awesome! Great job.

Love how you used it's canonical form, but the right arm is not the same as the left canon wise, but I love the idea of you trying to use symmetry.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Man, the bright red and orange colors look great on the black background(gives me the feel that he's in a cave).And for some reason your sketchy(in the way of sketch) intrigues me, makes it look more artist.One problem, and I don't know if you noticed this, but the glow of the fire goes over his one finger. Realistically it would have blocked it. It might be hard to get the glow off the finger, but that's my only problem. (Again, I'm probably the only person who noticed that, I'm just the nit picky. :P)Great job.

Thanks, all! :)

One problem, and I don't know if you noticed this, but the glow of the fire goes over his one finger. Realistically it would have blocked it. It might be hard to get the glow off the finger, but that's my only problem. (Again, I'm probably the only person who noticed that, I'm just the nit picky. :P)

I did that on purpose to see who would find out first....Okay, not really, but in all seriousness I was feeling a little lazy at that point and decided that the glow overflow (forgive my unintentional alliteration) wouldn't be too big of a problem.