A Question Or Two

T.B.O.C

I've been looking around, but I haven't been able to find a good source for these, so I'll ask them here (I think this is where this goes, sorry if not)This is all 2004 things, but I want to know if you guys have the answer (pun?)- I remember that Vakama Metru was released in at least one form, and his canister had a shiny cap - that is, one that was glittery and such. I think there was a BZPower article about this way back when, but I can't seem to find it. Was he released like that? Did the other Toa Metru have the same promotion?- I also know LEGO released several items, such as foam disks and launchers, as well. Does anyone have a complete list (or close enough to it) of these items?- Target had a promotion with the Vahki, these labeled ones included a Disk of Time and gold Vahi, so does this mean that each Vahki has two different canisters, the normal one, and the Target promotional ones? Were there any others?- As far as I know, the only 2004 BIONICLE sets with different, promotional canisters, one being the Target Vahki, and possibly the sparkly-lidded Toa Metru. Did any have any seperate, promotional packaging?- Lastly, LEGO released Vakama sneakers, as well as a Whenua variant. The same occured with backpacks in the shape of their kanohi. Besides a little pack that including masks for the shoes, none of the other Toa had shoes or backpacks, correct?Sorry if these seem annoying or useless, but I'm currently wrapping up my 2004 BIONICLE collection, and those loose ends need to be tightly secured, in my opinion. Thanks for responding! (if you do)

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I can answer your third question. Yes, each Vahki had two different canisters, but the only difference was an emblem/logo added to the front of it, denoting a Disk of Time and a Vahi inside. They 99% identical in every other facet.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

1) I still don't know the reason, but the glittery lids were indeed present on all of the Toa Metru; my Matau came in one. It may have been a running change or just a short-packed variant that was meant to be nothing more than a special find. Really no idea why it happened, but yes all were available that way.2) Yeah I don't know anything aobut these.3) Sumiki got this one perfect.4) There were Toa Nuva and Takanuva shoes in 2003. I do not believe there were any others in 2004.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

As for different canisters, the Vahki ordered from LEGO during a promotional two-pack offer (Nuurahk and Bordakh) had different colored lids: standard blue and red, their respective colors, as opposed to the light/dark variants of their compatriots, or their normal green and orange ones. However, these were only available for a very limited run (presumably before they had finalized the canister ideas anyway), and the Target variant would not have had these two particular lids.

Edited by Dorek

1) I still don't know the reason, but the glittery lids were indeed present on all of the Toa Metru; my Matau came in one. It may have been a running change or just a short-packed variant that was meant to be nothing more than a special find. Really no idea why it happened, but yes all were available that way.2) Yeah I don't know anything aobut these.3) Sumiki got this one perfect.4) There were Toa Nuva and Takanuva shoes in 2003. I do not believe there were any others in 2004.~|ET|~

I know for a fact that Whenua shoes existed, in fact, I owned a pair of them. I can say, I was the coolest kid in school. And I know several of the comics have ads for Whenua and Vakama shoes, I was wondering if any ithers existed from 2004 characters.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!