Errinaya: Toa Of I Don't Even Know

Xinlo

Even with making Wheelie, who I liked alot, I feel my recent MOCs have not been so great. Some people thought aforementioned creation was "cute", so I guess I utterly failed in making a one-wheeled death machine.

:P Also it got very little comments.Anyway, I thought I'd try again with some parts my good friend Iro sent me. The thought had been in my head since receiving the pieces (about a month ago), but it didn't quite turn out as planned... it turned out better. And female. :PSo yeah, here's my newest, and IMO, best recent MOC with the second most complex torso I've created as of yet (I'll apologize now for the bad pics - I have NOWHERE to take good pictures in this new house):ErrinayaBackGallery (when public)So yeah. Please please please comment. I need to know if this is anywhere near as good as I thought it was. Also the pictures don't do it full justice.Thanks,

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by My Little Xinlo

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I like it. The Piraka-skull feet look sort of like high heels, which works here, and the color scheme is lovely. Not as lovely as the custom torso, though. That thing is awesome. Also, "cute" =/= bad. I liked Wheelie, even if he was cute. :P.

Nice job, Xinlo. I love the colourscheme (and it's assured me that something I'll be building will work, as a result), thighs and torso. The only thing I can really complain about is the shoulderpads, which look a little limiting. The swords look great - what did they come from? Nice job. If you were looking to prove yourself, you've done it.

It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

This is super-sleek and really sharp looking.I love the consistent styling you managed to keep while still being creative and daring (the custom torso is really well-done). If you were wondering which mask looks better, I really like the trans-red one on her.(For the record, the Kakama is my favorite mask of all time, so it's hard for me to say that. I also feel like Errinaya is going to kill me in my sleep if I criticize her, so I'm going to write my criticisms really small.)I'm not sure how I feel about the white shin pieces, they seem too bulky (this is just my opinion). And I think the MOC might benefit from either moving or removing the shoulder Mahri-blades- in this striking MOC they seem a tad superfluous.Umm, what's that Errinaya? No, you look great, honey! Don't change a thing!ohnopleasedon'tkillme

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the comments a lot, and for the time most of you took to write a decent review.@Xalen: cute is bad when you're trying to make a sinister death machine.

:P@Takal: Good to hear, thanks. The swords are from the second incarnation of Vladek (2006, i believe) from Knight's kingdom. also the shoulder armour isn't as limiting as it looks, the arms have full shoulder movement and 90 degree elbow movement.@Paleo: Thanks. I really like the swords, and the main inspiration for this MOC was the acquisition of a second one... so yeah. :P Also I use too much blue, wanted to try something new. I'll make up my own element if I have to. (wow, three rhyming sentences...) Thanks for your suggestions though!@flameman: Thanks. I agree with the shins; those white pieces were a complete afterthought, and I don't like them, so I removed them.@Ralphasdf: haha, your post made me laugh. Also i wasn't testing masks, I have a separate MOC called Kara, and I was just taking pics with the red Kaukau to show that Errinaya could pass as an alternate Kara. :P I myself am not 100% on the mahri blades, but they are an integral part of the torso design that can't be replaced. So yeah, I'm stuck with them.Thanks again guys!

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I really like this MOC; you have clearly assessed it correctly.The one issue that I can really see easily is that the color layering can be a bit inconsistent. Take the upper arms or legs (mostly white with some red on top), and compare them to the lower arms or legs (mostly red with a small sliver of white on top of the red). Now, I can see that this may actually be intentional, since its presence on the arms is mirrored on the legs--in which case it's certainly a good idea. On that topic, though, I would say that, overall, there should certainly be less red than white in most places (as on the torso).I'm honestly not a big fan of the back; it seems a bit hollow near the shoulders. However, the front of the torso (and the general torso design) is wonderful. The way that the Throwbot feet flow along with the Toa Mata foot is amazing. The rather jagged parts formed by the sharp outlines of the Bohrok eyes provide a nice contrast and fit with the overall appearance of the MOC.It also looks like she can really appear to be in motion; the action pose highlights this fact. Only the feet don't look very mobile, but I definitely think that you should keep the design.Overall, there are really only two major problems with this MOC; I definitely think that it's one of the best Toa I've seen.~ BioGio

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

ooooooo... she looks good! I love the color scheme, as I don't see many MOCs which are red and white. The swords look great as well!

blah?

"Hero Factory? Heroes? All I see is target practice!"

"If it weren't for the insane people of this world, we'd still be cavemen banging rocks together."

]banner_friendorfoe1.png

Do you smell something burning?

Looks like a toa of plasma to me.

Except that a. Toa of Plasma are generally white and orange, and b. all Toa of Plasma are male. (BS01)Anyway, I agree, this is amazing. The torso design is incredible, the color scheme is perfect, and everything else about it looks great, especially the swords, mask, and feet. Regarding the piece on the lower leg: it does look out of place, but I think it would be better if you replaced it with this piece rather than removing it outright.Also, I'm currently building a female MOC with a mata red and white color scheme, and with a white Kakama for a mask. It's not exactly inspired by this, but seeing this did inspire me to combine a few ideas that I'd been thinking about using, if that makes sense. So I'm not trying to copy this; that would be virtually impossible to do anyway since this MOC is so amazing. :t: :b: :3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone! I much appreciate the comments and crit.@BioGio: Thanks a lot. Colour layering's never been to big a thing to me - my brain doesn't care as long as the colour scheme's solid. I can understand how it could be a bit annoying though. Also I don't really like the back either but I was running out of ideas.

:P@Akuna: Maybe she'll be a Toa of Plasma then, thanks.@Toa Balta: I agree; I removed the white pieces from the legs. And I don't really care any more about the gender-specific elements... the secondary main character in my epic is a female Toa of Fire. :PThanks again, everyone!

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

She looks very nice and streamlined, and her body shape is more feminine than most other Bionicle sets or MOC's I see. That aspect, in my opinion, is a hard feat to achieve.She's a Toa of Candy Canes! :P

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

She looks very nice and streamlined, and her body shape is more feminine than most other Bionicle sets or MOC's I see. That aspect, in my opinion, is a hard feat to achieve.She's a Toa of Candy Canes! :P

Thanks! I try to come up with new ideas for female builds that aren't cliche'd or over-exaggerated. Glad you like it.And yes that is her official element now.

:P

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by The Xin That Should Not Be

E8c8QpP.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a ton! I wanted to try a different colour scheme, and red and white aren't used together very often.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

Thanks guys! I really like the huge swords too - always wanted something to dual-wield them. And yeah this is my second most complex torso, but IMO the nicest looking one.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg