The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

I presume they won't have the industrial capacity to build starships, since they're so bloody concerned about the trees.
....Hm.:evilgrin:Move along. Nothing to see.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well hopefully they dry the poor things out first. One thing on which I have held absolutely firm is "no living ships." I think I had three reasons for it.1. Practicality. There are so many things wrong with the idea of a living ship.2. Squick. Just... eurgh.3. That third reason. It was a good one, I'm sure.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

We'll see if the idea goes through once I've had a proper look at the details, I suppose.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If you take "Speak For The Trees" literally, it kind of reminds me of the Pequinos from Orson Scott Card's "Speaker For The Dead"

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

If you take "Speak For The Trees" literally, it kind of reminds me of the Pequinos from Orson Scott Card's "Speaker For The Dead"
Ah. I've read that. Excellent read....Of course, if anyone in the RP tries to pull that "quantum souls" bit, I may or may not go Borg on them.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ah. I've read that. Excellent read....Of course, if anyone in the RP tries to pull that "quantum souls" bit, I may or may not go Borg on them.
read it as well, and that broke my mind just slightly during that part the first time they pulled it off. must atleast try this as a side project if i join.....

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Personally I think Ender's Game was the high point of the series and everything else was kind of meh.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

So, how would you guys feel about an RPG in people can actually off other people (within reason, of course), being stupid actually has real consequences, and in general things are grittier and realier than usual? Me and Vahki have been brainstorming a little project of ours for a while now, and that's the basic concept, though I'm starting to think of a new setting for it.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I like the sound of that. it could work...

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Me and Vahki (Basilisk) are currently working out the kinks on it. For the setting, think of this; you wake up in a modern city that's deserted. You don't know how you got there or what happened, you're just there. Perpetual fog covers, thinning and thickening in some areas. There's a strange barrier that prevents you from leaving the downtown portions of the city, and in the nights you know something is out there.Technically, there wouldn't be true permadeath, due to necromancy shenanigans, but dying has some very serious downsides that are explored further when the first person is not genre savvy and strikes off on their own, to get eaten in the night of course.It encourages people to stay together, thus, keeps player interaction high.Basilisk will be hosting, due to me having my hands tied with Strith, I'll be a co-host. I'm more of the story adviser though.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I think I have the perfect character...

-Rover

I have an idea for a RP, but I'm not sure if it's been done here yet. The RP will be about the X-Men, except I will have all of the original X-Men killed off, except for Beast who will be the principle of the school/ the leader of the X-Men, though he will appoint a leader to the team. The RP would take place seventeen years after all of the X-Men and Brotherhood of Mutant members were killed. Players would have to create their own original character's, but they could be the son's or daughter's of known X-Men from the canon. Also I'm adding a new faction called the Enforcer's who are the humans who made the Sentinels, and they want to kill off all non-registered Mutants with the government. Would anyone be interested in this RP? I'd need three or four people who want to be staff members along with me.

It's been tried, but most people seem to manage to avoid getting nommed just fine.
OOC: I've read HP Lovecraft. The sheer amount of downright sadistic in-RP deaths I'm capable of dishing out isn't something decent folk should think about. :P Edited by Basilisk

Vahki's a bit blood thirsty, but honestly if you're smart you can avoid death. Kinda the whole point, actually. Permadeath isn't actually there, but trust me, dying isn't the best idea. Assuming your characters are genre savvy, there's a good chance no one will die.Of course, if there's a serial killer on the loose... you'll have to protect against your own kind.

voidstars.png

Bah. I was exaggerating for effect. In general, if you are clever and try to avoid doing something stupid, you'll be fine. That said, sometimes the right choice doesn't always look at the right choice at first glance.

Edited by Basilisk

Something that we might need to do Vahki; enforce some sort of limit on the amount of serial killers in the game. At this rate everyone's going to be one.

voidstars.png

Something that we might need to do Vahki; enforce some sort of limit on the amount of serial killers in the game. At this rate everyone's going to be one.
I agree. That's one of the biggest problems the BZPRPG faces. Everyone wants to play a serial killer.

Is it really back to the "let's-all-be-evil" thing? I might have to go do something about that. Maybe.
I tried. Failed. Reasoned debate didn't get me very far.I'm going to do my utmost to make sure that doesn't happen to this RP.

Seeing how realistic he's trying to get IL3, I imagine that something like that will happen. Of course, the rules are the rules, they're one step above everything else.I personally hope to see 'space is really bloody huge' enforced, though.

voidstars.png

Except that sometimes, reality would just be too painful. For instance, I can think of a few ways to utterly annihilate a planet with the tech we'll have, yet somehow I doubt Rover would approve.

voidstars.png

A chance to play as a mutant who can raise Cain? Of course.I don't have much knowledge of X-Men lore, though.
That's the beauty of it, since I'm removing almost all of the canon character's from the story, people who are unfamiliar with the lore will have a pretty easy time understanding things. Plus all of the character's would be to young, or not involved in the old plots, so they wouldn't know much about them, they'd have to be taught these things by Beast in the RP. If I do include some plots that are from the lore and stuff, I'd make sure to explain them pretty well. Would you want to be a staff member? I already have most of the RP written up, just trying to see if people are interested before I finish it.

Is it really back to the "let's-all-be-evil" thing?
Bizarrely enough, we actually had a discussion about that in the BZPRPG discussion.
Except that sometimes, reality would just be too painful. For instance, I can think of a few ways to utterly annihilate a planet with the tech we'll have, yet somehow I doubt Rover would approve.
Well, I suppose "GM's word < Realism < The rules" could work, although I don't know what the difference between the GM's opinion and the rules would be.

Bah. I was exaggerating for effect. In general, if you are clever and try to avoid doing something stupid, you'll be fine. That said, sometimes the right choice doesn't always look at the right choice at first glance.
Exaggerating for effect has no effect if everyone exaggerates, which, let's face it, is the most fun way to role play.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

A chance to play as a mutant who can raise Cain? Of course.I don't have much knowledge of X-Men lore, though.
That's the beauty of it, since I'm removing almost all of the canon character's from the story, people who are unfamiliar with the lore will have a pretty easy time understanding things. Plus all of the character's would be to young, or not involved in the old plots, so they wouldn't know much about them, they'd have to be taught these things by Beast in the RP. If I do include some plots that are from the lore and stuff, I'd make sure to explain them pretty well. Would you want to be a staff member? I already have most of the RP written up, just trying to see if people are interested before I finish it.
Yep! Rather interested.

"Wer Traumt?"

First, Flex Nard i'm crazy intersted in your RPG. Second I'd love to be a staff member.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.