The Anubian: An Inhabitant Of Planet Gyptus

BrickPharaoh

So I was revamping Horus, a MOC I'd built a couple of years ago, then it hit me. "I don't want this to be a stand-alone MOC; I want to do something more with it!". So I took out the old scrapbook and started laying the grounds for my first epic (which shall go unnamed for the time being), and started working on some character designs. I first built the Horean, and then my 12-year-old brother started fiddling around with some pieces. When he got bored, I sneakily added some stuff to his build and reworked some key design components (we ultimately decided that I deserved credit for the rest of the MOC, because what he came up with was just the skeleton and I did all the rest), and voila! The Anubian was born!anubian1.jpgSome backstory:"The Anubians are the descendants of Anubis himself, and are among the very few Astral Sapiens remaining. Those jackal-like hunters are a race of resourceful sapient beings who have been forced to live out their pitiful existences in the Shadow Lands of Planet Gyptus. Legend has it that the Anubians had been in interminable conflict with their long-life rivals, the Horeans, for over seventy-thousand years. When all hope of peace was lost, the Galactic Alliance sent the Arbiters to the war-torn planet to alleviate the belligerent struggle and help put an end to the massacre that had been taking place for many millenia. Forced to compromise, the Anubians were driven out of the mainland to the inferior grounds below, where they would take refuge in the Shadow Lands for the rest of time, or at least, until the unfathomable would happen.""Strong, fast warriors, the Anubians require little armor, and bear only essential parts to hide their likely vulnerable spots, and sometimes only wear them for aesthetic purposes. A key feature of the typical Anubian armor is its striking asymmetry, since most of the aforementioned armor pieces are either forged from a very rare type of protometal called izekjeti (EE-ZIK-JEH-TEE) or salvaged from anything they lay their hands on- be it a vehicle, fallen buildings, or even the tough skins of some of their prey items.""The Anubians usually carry baldly curved, short, light-weight swords called kazitaars. Some of the more "advanced" units may be given possession of war hammers or maces, both referred to as likhajaans. Other forms of weaponry include ranged weapons used to subdue flying Horeans."Kneelinghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Darksiders/Folder/2011-MOCs/anubian2.jpgStanding uphttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Darksiders/Folder/2011-MOCs/anubian4.jpgShowing off weaponshttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Darksiders/Folder/2011-MOCs/anubian3.jpgFace-off! (featuring an Arbiter)http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Darksiders/Folder/2011-MOCs/faceoff.jpgI will make more adjustments to the text when I'm back from my class trip next Friday.C&C appreciated. Actually, C&C is why most of us post in the first place! So please don't view and go. :):tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Oh. Oh yes. Anubis are one of my favorite mythologic creatures, and then you go and make a moc of one. And increase their awesomeness ten-fold. The Head is the best part n my opinion, but the weapons are a very close second.The use of hero factory parts was a touch of genius, and the only the I didn't enjoy was the tri-talon. (Ehlek's claw)8/10

pNNgXax.jpg

Egyptian gods, especially Anubis, have been a subject of obsession of mine for a couple of years now. And you have put him into moc form. Well. The head looks very good and like the tomb paintings, and I especially love the eye color. His armor is a nice blend of egyptian-type elements and asymmetricality, which goes well with the banished, desert-dwelling theme. Very nice work, and I am so looking forward to seeing the spawn of Horus.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Oh. Oh yes. Anubis are one of my favorite mythologic creatures, and then you go and make a moc of one. And increase their awesomeness ten-fold. The Head is the best part n my opinion, but the weapons are a very close second.The use of hero factory parts was a touch of genius, and the only the I didn't enjoy was the tri-talon. (Ehlek's claw)8/10

Thanks! The Ehlek claw is one of my favorite design element actually. I don't see why you didn't like it.

Egyptian gods, especially Anubis, have been a subject of obsession of mine for a couple of years now. And you have put him into moc form. Well. The head looks very good and like the tomb paintings, and I especially love the eye color. His armor is a nice blend of egyptian-type elements and asymmetricality, which goes well with the banished, desert-dwelling theme. Very nice work, and I am so looking forward to seeing the spawn of Horus.

Thanks! Being Egyptian does seem to work, doesn't it? I will be posting the Horeans as soon as I get back from my trip. Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Looks really cool. Some of the parts look jumbled, but the potential is there.The Good:The head is a stand out. From the get go it's easy to guess what this guy is supposed to represent. It looks slick and polished. I'm glade you went with yellow eyes. Red would have fallen flat, I'd bet. Not to mention that yellow is just a bit more unique. The legs, too, look very Anubis like. They do seem simple, but it works out. I like where you're going with the upper torso. Right now it seems a bit jumbled and I like those rubber tubes coming from his back. It adds a nice little Egyptian touch. One final thing I like is the Mata Nui shield pieces on the arms. They look really good.The Bad.As stated above, I feel like some areas have a jumble of pieces. The Ehlek claw, for example, just feel weird where it's at. I do think it looks good but because of the Metru thigh armor on the opposite leg it looks out of place. To make everything look smoother I'd replace the Metru armor with another Claw or I'd replace it with a silver Piraka thigh armor. I also get that the idea was to make the upper arms look more muscular, but the result looks kind of jagged, mostly due to the ball joint sticking up above the shoulder. Besides the ball joint I think some silver Nuva shoulder armor would work wonders here.Overall, your idea and execution of some parts were great. I think you could organize the way you place your pieces better, but even as is this MoC is good. Keep up the good work! :)

silverbladebanner.jpg