Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows

xon

Recently, another Sherlock Holmes movie was created for Christmas time. If you've seen the first one, you must see the second one. If you haven't seen the first one... then see both of them.A Game of Shadows was my favorite movie of the year. The effects, plot, etc. were incredible.Have you seen it? If so, what did you think of it?sherlock-holmes-a-game-of-shadows-sherlock-character-poster-01-550x813.jpg

Edited by Peregrin Took

I liked the contrast between Holmes and Moriarty. While Holmes was his usual brash egocentric self, always centre of attention, Moriarty was the cool, composed villain, at the centre but with no-one looking.It reminded me of he books, where Holmes tells Watson that the only reason he works for the law is that if he worked against it he couldn't claim credit for the things he did

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Both movies are great, and a couple of my favorite movies of all time. RDJ is perfect as Holmes, as is Jude Law as Watson. They make a magnificent pair. GOS beats out the first for me, simply because of Moriarty. The scene at the end where he and Sherlock are both thinking through the probable fight was brilliant. It demonstrated perfectly that Moriarty was more than a match for Holmes.I really hope they make at least one more. Hound of the Baskervilles, anyone?

Just saw it tonight. Very, very entertaining and enjoyable; sure, it's a Guy Ritchie take on things, but if I didn't like Guy Ritchie takes on things I wouldn't go see it. Besides, the BBC series is starting its second season tomorrow for my cerebral Holmes fix, so give me one with action and explosions 'til then.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Just saw it tonight. Very, very entertaining and enjoyable; sure, it's a Guy Ritchie take on things, but if I didn't like Guy Ritchie takes on things I wouldn't go see it. Besides, the BBC series is starting its second season tomorrow for my cerebral Holmes fix, so give me one with action and explosions 'til then.

IT IS?!I just watched the entire first season in one sitting on Netflix. I need to see this. Edited by Stryker055

IT IS?!I just watched the entire first season in one sitting on Netflix. I need to see this.
It is. I plan to start a topic for it tomorrow. Unfortunately it won't air in America until May, but it might wind up on Netflix or something before too long. And of course there's always other ways to find shows that haven't aired in your country yet (by which of course I mean the Bluray is out on the 23rd).

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Saw the movie today. I prefer Benedict Cumberbatch's BBC Holmes, but I admit Downey Jr. does an excellent interpretation of him as well.Question: is the Swiss castle with the waterfall an actual place?-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

I'll be on the lookout for it. I love what they did with that series.

Saw the movie today. I prefer Benedict Cumberbatch's BBC Holmes, but I admit Downey Jr. does an excellent interpretation of him as well.Question: is the Swiss castle with the waterfall an actual place?-Shyyrn

Reichenbach Falls, yes. Though there isn't actually a castle built over them like the movie. Edited by Stryker055

Third movie? Bruce-Partington Plans. It needs to happen, especially since Moriarty's remote control didn't pop up from the first movie.I enjoyed it. Took some time to get going, I felt, compared to the first, but I loved it. Walking in, I knew how it was going to end. Any Sherlock fan would.

I know, sequel hook, showing him confirmed alive. But you couldn't have ended with the mail delivery, and use the camo somewhere else? I feel that yes, Holmes would do that to screw with Watson possibly, but that really felt for the audience more than the story...Moran had better show up next movie. Also, loved the other reference to The Empty Room; Moran, his rifle, and the wax dummy of Holmes when Watson first returns to the building.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

I watched the movie this morning and enjoyed it.

All though in the final fight scene I'm confused why Holmes think about the wild card, Watson, appearing. After all had Holmes remembered that, which normally he would've, he wouldn't have had to pull himself and Moriarty off. Had he waited, then Watson would've appeared and helped him.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I watched the movie this morning and enjoyed it.

All though in the final fight scene I'm confused why Holmes think about the wild card, Watson, appearing. After all had Holmes remembered that, which normally he would've, he wouldn't have had to pull himself and Moriarty off. Had he waited, then Watson would've appeared and helped him.

Probably because he didn't want Watson getting hurt. Remember how he reacted when Moriarty threatened Watson to Holmes' face earlier in the film

7AOYGDJ.jpg

There's no way he'd come back, not with the crew being fans of the books. They would not bring Moriarty back, unless they absolutely needed a good villain, and Sebastian Moran can't cut it (should they use him, since he's the second most dangerous man in London, behind Moriarty).

No, I was thinking of something else. You're right. My mistake on the title. It was a locked room mystery, that's what screwed me up.Still, he's dangerous. I don't know if Holmes was just referring to his shooting abilities, but he clearly knew what he was doing.