Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Dack
After the failed attempts to get Heatran to help them, Luke and Machoke returned to clearing the pile of rubble. Palmer's Rhyperior cautiously began drilling in an adjacent wall. After ensuring his Rhyperior knew what to do, the Frontier Brain turned to talk with Dack. "You know, it seemed like Madison had the right idea," he said.

Dack nodded in agreement. "For a moment there I thought that Heatran would actually listen to her."

"If only I were a more powerful trainer," Madison sighed, having overheard the two.

"Madison, I think you’re a great--" Dack started.

"Don't patronize me, Dack," the skier interrupted. "We both know that you're a better trainer than I. You say that Heatran didn't listen to Palmer or Luke because they had the wrong approach. Heatran didn't listen to me because I'm not a powerful trainer." Madison looked squarely at Dack. "But if you were to try my approach -- explain to Heatran why we need him to work with us -- because you're a more powerful trainer, he might actually listen to you."

Dack shook his head. "You forget that I tried to explain the situation to him back on Route 225. And you saw how well that worked." He picked up the Magma Stone and handed it to Palmer. "You're a Frontier Brain. If any of us were to try Madison's method, you'd have the best chance of success."

Palmer pushed the Magma Stone back into Dack's hands. "You're forgetting one thing: you threw the Ultra Ball that captured the Heatran. That makes it your Pokémon. Out of the four of us, you have the greatest chance of success."

Dack looked down at the Ultra Ball in his hands with a twinge of fear. "Couldn't I just temporarily trade it to you?" he asked.

"Dack Majors!" Madison cried furiously. "You're the man who led the effort to save the entire Sinnoh Region from the Ancient Darkrai. And yet now you won't even attempt to convince your own Heatran to help us?!"

Dack instinctively stepped back, surprised at Madison's outburst. "You can hardly call it 'my' Heatran," he argued. "And as I keep telling you, I've already proven Heatran won't listen to me, whether he's my Pokémon or not."

Madison threw her hands up and stormed away. But after she had gone a few feet she stood still, staring at the ground. Taking a deep breath, she said quietly over her shoulder, "I've seen you bond with Teddy. I know you're capable of doing this. You just have to believe in yourself. You said that I did my best -- now let's see you do yours."

Dack sighed. "Alright, you win. But don't expect me to give it some stupid nickname like with Teddy."

Motioning for the others to stand back, Dack took a deep breath and sent the Heatran out of its Ultra Ball once more. The Legendary took one look at its surroundings and roared furiously.

"Woah there, calm down, buddy," Dack said. He slipped the Magma Stone into his pack, keeping the bag open so as to not cast the room into complete darkness. Carefully setting the bag on the ground, he slowly approached the Lava Dome Pokémon. "I know you just want to put your Magma Stone back where it belongs and be done with us. But the problem is, a few days ago someone waltzed in here and took the Magma Stone from right under your nose. Now I won't bore you with the details, but it seems like what happened in Snowpoint was part of a bigger plot. We don't know what this person is planning next, but if it involves the Magma Stone, then it would be best if I hold onto it for now. Don't worry, your Magma Stone is safe with me."

The Heatran's eyes narrowed and seemed to be fixated on Dack's bag as the trainer inched closer. "I know how you must be feeling right now," Dack continued. "You've lost the one thing you care about most. You'll stop at nothing to reclaim it, and you'll blast through anyone or anything that stands in your way. Trust me, I've been through all this before. And I know that besides your little rescue mission for your Magma Stone, there's only one thing on your mind: revenge. It's like a burning desire that seems to almost consume you. It's the reason I joined Team Rocket all those years ago."

The Heatran shifted its gaze from Dack's bag to Dack himself. The Legendary seemed to be intently listening. With a newfound confidence, Dack continued.

"Whoever stole your Magma Stone used it to force your attack on my hometown. I hate this guy just as much as you do." Reaching out, Dack placed a hand on the Heatran's iron snout. "Help us out, and I swear you'll have your revenge."

The Heatran stared silently at Dack for what seemed like an eternity. Madison, Luke, and Palmer held their breath. Bastiodon looked about ready to charge in with another Protect if things went awry. Teddy had been nervously sucking its paws, but now the little bear's mouth hung agape. All eyes in the room were focused on Dack, but the Snowpoint trainer saw none but Heatran's.

In that moment, trainer and Pokémon looked at each other in full understanding. Finally, Heatran relaxed and nodded with a smug smile. Then the Lava Dome Pokémon lumbered off and began to scale the walls, its sharp claws digging into the rock.

"Great going, man!" Luke grinned, giving Dack a hard pat on the back.

"I knew you had it in you," Palmer agreed.

"You did great," Madison smiled. Pulling him aside, she lowered her voice. "But I have one question. You said you had been through what Heatran had been through -- that you'd lost the one thing you cared about most. You didn't mean...?"

Dack gave her a knowing smile and a quick wink before turning away to watch Heatran work. Madison took a step backward, allowing the darkness of the cave to hide the color rising in her cheeks.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Colette==-

Colette laughed nervously, as she looked around, noticing the odd looks that were being given by the people who caught snippets of the conversation.

"Say, Zoe, do you mind that being our little secret for a little bit?" Colette asked with a sheepish grin, not sure how else to approach that.

IC: Olivia Seaton

Upon seeing Zach recall Katie, she scowled and continued walking forward. That Zoroark had caused enough trouble for her already, and Olivia could only wonder if, or when Katie could learn her lesson. Despite this, Olivia continued to say nothing about Zach, refusing to make eye contact as well.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Zoe

"What, your aura powers?" Zoe asked, slightly confused. "Sure, but why would you want to keep that a secret? It never seemed to bother you before."

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

"Because I don't think anyone else here knows." Colette said with a chuckle.

"Besides, I wouldn't be such a secret weapon if the whole world knew, right?" Colette whispered to Zoe, mostly as a joke.

"Alright," Zoe said with a shrug. "Although if I had aura powers, I'd want to let everyone know. But I guess it makes sense to keep quiet about it, since you--" she lowered her voice. "You're like a secret agent now."

Colette nodded with a smile.

"Exactly!" Colette said happily.

"Hopefully it wouldn't be for TOO long; but still, just in case..." Colette said, and then smiled even more, as she leaned toward Zoe again.

"You never know who might be around; we could want past a Rocket or something!"

"Ooh, you're right," Zoe said, looking around cautiously. "You have to be especially with the Rocket Separatists -- you never know how many of them are still loyal to Sleight." Then she grinned. "That reminds me of a joke I heard once. What did Sleight do to track down the Rocket Separatists?"

"Hmm... What's that?" Colette asked curiously, both to the joke, and to the separatist part, since she hadn't actually heard anything about that to that point.

Rocket Separatists? Just what exactly have I missed??

"He hired Bounty hunters!" Zoe laughed, not realizing that Colette didn't know about the Separatists.

Colette busted out laughing, as that was an awesome jokes.

"Very nice joke!" Colette said, congratulating her sister, but then looked curious again.

"Separatists, though?" Colette asked curiously, unsure of what she had meant by that.

"Right, you haven't heard about them, have you?" Zoe said. "Bounty left Team Rocket, along with most of Rocket's Sinnoh branch, and formed the Rocket Separatists. They're on our side now -- Bounty and Goldhawk signed a treaty of some sort about six or seven months ago. Every now and then you'll see some Rocket Separatists walking around the Alamo."

IC: Jake

"Don't worry, we're almost at Oreburgh. I have enough food for a few shared meals." Jake noticed his hat flying through the air and shook his fist in mock anger at Pikachu, who caught it and ran over to hide behind Charmeleon. He turned back to his pack and rummaged through it some more. "Errr... Does tea sound good to everyone? I also have some oatmeal and dried apples I can cook up." He got out a small mess kit and some packs of instant oatmeal, grabbing a small pot for the oatmeal and a few mugs and tea packets.

Edited by sonyaxe

Zoe led her sister through a door and into a room with hundreds, if not thousands of seats. "This is the auditorium," she explained, continuing on with the tour. "Liberty agents meet here for important announcements, like the ceasefire." She looked up at Colette curiously. "You've heard about the ceasefire, right?"

Colette blinked, tilting her head to the side.

"Ceasefire? What ceasefire?" Colette asked, even more confused about that.

OOC: I could have had a very big typo opportunity, but no. =P

"They announced a ceasefire between Team Rocket and Team Liberty at the end of last year," Zoe explained. She giggled. "You've got a lot to catch up on, Collie."

Once arriving at the grocery store, Olivia snatched the grocery list away from Zach, continuing to not speak to him. After looking it over for a moment, she quickly handed it back to him and grabbed a cart, heading inside the store.

IC: Ruth Fishers

"Well, I prefer tea to coffee, so sure." she responded. "Oatmeal sounds good too, you can really cook anything, so long as it's edible. I can't afford to be picky while traveling anyways." Ruth finished, turning to Locke with a frown. "Okay, seriously, if you wanna play tricks on the others, at least try to be subtle with it, will ya?" The Klefki was disappointed at her prank failing, cursing herself for being out of practice. Meanwhile, Fuerte leaped back over to the clearing where the trainers where, bowing to a nonexistant crowd. In response to this, Caliburn sighed once more. The Aegislash wasn't sure how he managed to keep up with Ruth's other Pokemon, and was not looking forward to dealing with even more colorful characters from Jake and Arius's side.

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach blinked, but sighed, as he walked into the store, following Olivia with a frown on his face, as he paid attention to the floor for the moment.

I don't understand... Zach thought for a moment, and sighed, as he followed Olivia through the store, checking off items on the list as the items were picked up.

IC:

"Eh, I don't really care. I can have water or tea. I'm starving." He grabbed his pokeballs, and let out Eyes and Hexcalibur.

"You guys hungry?"

Eyes stared back at him with her usual dead-eyed expression, and Hexcalibur chimed in agreement. Arius looked up, and asked, "You guys got any berries or know where to grab some?"

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

While walking around the grocery store with Zach, Olivia dared not speak to him in the slightest. She still had no idea what to make of last night, feeling as though she would never be able to. Quickly glancing back at him, Olivia turned around and entered the next aisle.

"Well, I got some poffins, but I only really packed enough for my Pokemon... I might have to make another batch at a later point." Ruth said, while she handed out said poffins to her Pokemon. However, Caliburn chimed to Ruth, then looking at the direction of Eyes and Hexcalibur. "Oh, you want to give your food to them? That's really sweet of you." she said happily, while the Aegislash merely bowed humbly.

Slowly following behind Olivia, Zach gripped his shoulder, as he sighed.

"Look... Olivia... I get that you probably hate me... But I didn't do that thing last night on purpose. I've been trying to figure out how to actually apologize since last night, in a way that you'd see that... But all I've thought of is just the simple way..." Zach said, and looked away, as he noticed the next item on the list was bread.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I'm sorry that I believed the prank and that you suffered for it... I just wish you'd say something..." Zach said, as he sighed, and grabbed for the loaf of bread, not sure what exactly Olivia was doing right then.

Olivia turned around and stopped Zach' hand.

"We buy whole grain, not whole wheat."

She put the loaf of bread back and walked over to the next aisle.

"Ah, it's nothing for him. He may be a cycloptic, floating ghost sword, but Caliburn is the biggest gentleman I will ever have the pleasure of meeting!" she laughed happily, affectionately rubbing his hilt. Caliburn closed his eyes, subtly swaying from side to side to dismiss Ruth's compliment, as well as letting a slow chime out, as he only let Ruth touch his hilt. "Anyways, these go to your darlings!" Ruth said while moving over Caliburn's poffins, laying them in front of Eyes and Hexcalibur. "Eat up, you two!"

Edited by Edea Lee

Zach stood there stunned, not quite sure what to say, as he blinked, and then shook his head, and grabbed the correct loaf of bread, as he dashed off to catch up to Olivia again.

"This better?" Zach asked, not quite sure what expression to have on his face, as he wasn't sure whether to ask about confirming whether she at least would talk to him or not.

"Yes, that's better." Olivia responded, so far not appearing as though she'd say anything more unless Zach continued trying. She glanced through the aisle for what item she needed, so if there was a better opportunity for Zach to act, now was it.

Zach paused awkwardly, as he looked around as well.

"So... Um... That is to say, I..." Zach sighed, as he tried for just a direct approach.

"Does that mean you accept the apology...?" Zach asked, since she hadn't said not to worry or anything, so he couldn't be certain.

Turning around, Olivia glared at Zach with her green eyes. For a moment, her expression seemed to soften, though she quickly looked down and up again with her steely gaze restored. "...Yeah." Olivia said at last. "Apology accepted." She then turned away and continued looking through the aisle.

Zach paused, confused as Olivia's expression had softened slightly visibly for a moment, but then changed as fast as it had happened. He was relieved, though, when she at least didn't seem to hate him, and he sighed in relief, and slightly smiled, as he looked at the list to try and help see what she was looking for.

IC: Jake

Jake was zoned out from the rest of the world as he quickly poured some water into the pot, and grabbed a small tin pan from his pack and set a camp burner on it. He activated the small natural gas container, and a small flame kindled, which he put the pot onto. He waited, grabbing oatmeal and three different tea packets while the others conversed. The water quickly heated, and he switched the pot on the stove for a couple of small Pokefood cans. He started the tea steeping, and opened the food cans with a can opener when they became warm. Jake then poured the water and oatmeal mix into his mess kit's bowl.

"Guys, food's ready!" He called over from his small cooking area. He also tossed the various food cans to each of his Pokemon, who quickly chowed down. "I wasn't sure what type of tea you guys like, so I made peppermint, green, and lemon. For oatmeal, just pour some water into a bowl with it and wait." Jake grabbed a fork and absentmindedly mixed his oatmeal, watching with some amusement as Machop sampled the high-quality Pokefood.

OOC: Assume that this was done during the conversation, otherwise it will look like Jake has speed-hacks. :P

After going through the grocery store and picking up items, Olivia and Zach had gotten everything on the list. She headed to checkout, this time looking back to see whether Zach was following or not.

"Hey, thanks!" Ruth said, going over to Jake's cooking area and grabbing a bowl of oatmeal and green tea. While mixing her oatmeal, Ruth's eyes widened at seeing the food Jake's Pokemon was eating. "Wow, that's pretty high quality stuff." she said, impressed. "I wasn't able to take too much money with me though, so I suppose I had to downsize in some areas..." she muttered, looking back at Locke and Fuerte who continued to chow down their poffins. "Hopefully they won't get jealous..."

Edited by Edea Lee

As had been happening the whole time, Zach was indeed following right behind her, and this time slightly waved to Olivia, glad that things seemed to be at least slightly back to normal; even if he wasn't sure what to do now... Though, whether Olivia had any ideas was another thing that Zach didn't know, so once they were done here, he'd ask.

Soon afterwards, Olivia and Zach checked out their items. Handing one half of the bags to Zach, she grabbed the other half and walked out of the grocery store, again checking to see how closely Zach was following. Olivia remained silent still, with a cold expression on her face.

Edited by Edea Lee

Zach wasn't too far behind, and was thinking at that moment, not noticing that they were rather close to the cliff that was nearby.

"Say, when we get back, would you be up for a friendly battle?" Zach asked, trying to make small talk; plus he needed training, so... As they continued to walk, Zach noticed the lighthouse closing in, making a note to turn when they were closer.

"That's pretty interesting..." Colette said, a shocked look on her face, as she hadn't heard about that at all. She wasn't trying to say it wasn't nice; but; she was definitely caught off guard by the news.

What... What does this mean for me...?

Edited by Tiz Arrior

IC:

"Alright, eat up you two!" Arius said to Eyes and Hexcalibur.

Eyes stared at the pofffin directly in front of her for a good few seconds, while Hexcalibur quickly ate it like swords do.

"...I never will understand how a sword can eat..."

He stood up, and went to grab some oatmeal and tea. "Huh, haven't actually tried oatmeal and tea before...worth a shot."

He grabbed a bowl of oatmeal, and a cup of the peppermint tea. He took a sip of the tea, and grunted. "Hm. I like it."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Olivia stopped suddenly. "Oh, so you want a 'friendly' battle? Trying to get on my good side, after last nig--" As Olivia whirled around to face Zach, she started to lose her balance. The grocery bags went flying through the air as Olivia felt herself falling off the edge of the cliff...

The other set of bags dropped, as Zach dashed toward the cliff, and then dove to the ground, as he barely grabbed Olivia's wrist with both hands. Zach panted, as looked at the dangling girl, with determination, uncertainty, and a bit of panic present on his face.

"Are you... Alright?" Zach said, his voice slightly shaking, as he started to pull Olivia back up to solid ground.

As she was pulled up onto solid ground by Zach, Olivia panted hard, eyes wide with shock. This continued for a few moments, until she got her breathing under control and looked up at Zach, her gaze hardening yet again. "Get your hands off me!" Olivia growled, pulling away from Zach's grip and going to grab her bags. However, she quickly touched her wrist where Zach had grabbed a hold of her, and glanced subtly at the cliff she had nearly fallen off of.

...Why has he been catching me when I'm so vulnerable lately? Olivia mused, having picked up her dropped groceries and resuming her walk.

Zach frowned, confused by Olivia's reaction, as he walked over to the bags he had been carrying, relieved that things hadn't gone as bad as they very well could have.

That time I succeeded... Zach thought, remembering how he had failed to save Alistair both times he had apparently died.

IC: The Seatons

After walking for a time without speaking to Zach whatsoever, the two of them returned home. "Back, Mom." said Olivia, putting down the groceries on the counter.
"Thank you, Olivia." her mother said. "That was really sweet of you two." she said happily. "No problem." Olivia said, turning away from the counter once she said that.

Edited by Edea Lee