Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

= IC / Regis Naser / Castelia City, Unova =Regis didn't slow until he had almost collided with one of the people he was chasing after - a young man with unkempt brown hair. He put on the breaks lest he impact and skidded to a halt next to the other person, slightly breathless. "I'll... run... with you. Heading that way anyway," he said with a weak smile.OOC: That'd be Ryan.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

OOC: Just to say, and I apologize for any inconvenience, but Zach will not be part of the upcoming Sophia/Maddison vs. Everyone fight. He's too busy trying to keep his survival a secret from Black. =P

-==IC: Black==-

Black, ignoring the slowly gathering panic, began to head toward the exit to Route 4.

This was but step one; force them into the open. The next step is the most crucial, however. Black thought, as he decided to get out of the city before the bombs went off, as that would not do; it would not help his plans at all to be blown up now.

-==IC: N==-

N swooped down, and recalled his Kyurem into his Pokeball, even as he landed, and ran into the gym.

"Burgh; we have a problem." N said, a frown on his face, and the Gym Leader looked over at him with a nod.

"Evacuating the city because of a tsunami... That's not a tsunami, though, is it?" Burgh asked the former Plasma leader, even as N shook his head to indicate it wasn't.

"Very well." Burgh said, and looked over at Zach. "We need to get out of here now. I don't suppose you have any teleporting Pokemon?" Burgh asked, and Zach nodded, and reached for Blade's Pokeball, and then paused, and then shook his head, as he recalled that he had given said Pokeball to Orange to hold onto.

"I see. Well then..." Burgh said, and thought for a moment, and looked over at N. "I don't suppose you could give us a lift?" Burgh asked, and N nodded, even as he sighed.

"Why do all these fights happen so often?" N wondered out loud, and Burgh shrugged.

"Technically, it was only a matter of time, though we all wish it wasn't." Burgh said, and Zach frowned, but nodded slowly. Burgh turned to look at him, and smirked. "We'll have our battle when we're safe. Let's go."

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Ryan
Ryan nodded at the man who had almost run into him. "This might... be a bad time... for introductions," he panted as he continued to run in the direction the Castelian citizen had pointed him. "But I'm... Ryan Sanders."

IC: Ellen
"I'm all for peace," Ellen told Hayes. "But I won't join someone who has to blow up a city to make a point. You're one of the bad guys, and everyone knows the bad guys never win."

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

"Alright," Ryan nodded as they turned a corner. "We'll need... all the help... we can get.... The psychic went to... Coeur Tower. She has a couple hostages... on the top floor... she's making one last bomb."

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - Sonja/Hayes - Coeur Tower: Hayes stared coldly at Ellen and Sonja for several moments before turning and walking back to the bomb. She stooped down, resuming work on the device. It would not take much longer."Very well, then," Hayes said. "You'll burn. Just like the rest." IC - Ryan - Forrest Gumping: As Ryan ran, Kyle's message--sent to every Liberty agent in the area--would arrive. It was fairly simple: "Rendezvous at?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Zac "well I mainly master in fire, electric, ground, rock, steel and fighting types," Zac said, "alright let's see this little Eevee you have,"Zpup walked in front of Chaz and waited for Eevee to come out.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

-==IC: Orange==-

Orange growled in desperation, as they approached.

"We have to hurry." Orange said with a frown, as he looked up at the building they were rapidly approaching. "Think we have a shot to blast our way into one of the upper floors, or should we just take the normal route, and walk up the stairs normally?" Orange asked, as he wasn't certain what Evan would wish.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Lavender TownChaz sent out Eevee from its Pokeball. The little Pokemon upon realizing a stranger was around visibly grew scared and ran behind Chaz's leg as if that would protect him."Eevee this is Zac and his Growlithe Zpup. Don't be scared they are friendly. "He both said and thought telepathically to Eevee in a calm and reassuring tone.Eevee then became a little less nervous.Squirtle stood only a few feet away and appeared to be laughing hysterically at Eevee as apparently he thought this was funny.

IC: ZacZpup growled at the squirtle, as warning not to laugh, "Zpup stop!" Zc said and Zpup then sat down but stared at Squrtle with a cold look, "This is a nice coat, you must have kept good care of it, how powerful is it?"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

"Alright then." Orange said with a grim frown, as he prepared for the upcoming fight, even as the entrance came into view. "Try and break open the door so we don't have to slow down." Orange said with a frown.

Edited by An/A Blade

Orange braced himself for impact, even as the door shattered to pieces under the power of the Garchomp.

"Right; let's go." Orange said, as he quickly scanned for the stairs, not sure if they'd be able to run up the stairs on Gnip, or if they'd have to walk themselves.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Zac"it makes sense, eevees are extremely rare, also they can be pretty timid," he said petting it, "what's his name?"Zpup went up to try squirtle and store it down showin it's teeth, proving it wasn't afraid to get dirty.

IC: ZacZpup just growled an gave him another cold stare, "hey I used to have Eevee," Zac said remembering, "she evolved into a Jolteon, her name was Ele," he said, "What attacks does this guy know?"Zpup went up to the Eevee and started to sniff it, and then sat down with a happy look in it's face.

IC: ZacZac nodded an picked up Zpup and ran to the center, and made it before Chaz and went in, "Yo Gav!"

IC - Ryan - Forrest Gumping

At first I read that as "Forrest Grumpig" :lol:

Ryan continued to run as he read Kyle's message. While maintaining a steady pace, with one hand he slowly typed out a reply: "Coeur Tower top floor; center of Castelia." By the time he finished the message, he and Regis had made it to the building. The door had been blasted apart, telling him that Orange and Evan had already gotten here.

"You wouldn't happen to have a flying Pokemon, would you?" he asked Regis, bending over to catch his breath. "We've got to get up there," he pointed to the top of the tower. "And after all that running, I'd rather not take the stairs."

"No!" Ellen cried, feeling her panic rise up again. "How... how can you? Sonja is your sister... doesn't that mean anything to you?!"

Edited by Konuju

OOC: XPIC - Kyle Eston - Castelia City: Kyle nodded to himself as he read Ryan's message, following the side streets as he headed toward the center of Castelia. It was difficult to make quick progress--Kyle was still worn out from his injuries and had to stop several times when his head began to spin. As well, he did his best to avoid the crowds. Not only was there a chance that he would get swept into them, but the rushing masses did nothing to help his nausea.IC - Hayes/Sonja - Coeur Tower: "You must not have been listening, little one," Hayes responded. "We aren't sisters anymore. She's just another fish in the sea to me now."OOC: I'll make a Gavin post later. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

= IC / Regis / Castelia, Coeur Tower ="Yes, I have a Volcarona with me," he replied, releasing Meryl. The giant moth just lolled on the ground. "Wait a second, this should help." He released Brandy for a moment, and she, seeing how out of breath Regis and Ryan looked, released an Aromatherapy, refreshing the two men. "That's better. Now, Meryl, take this guy up, blast an entry for him when you get to the top, then come back for me."Meryl slowly started beating her wings, taking off in a way that was both lumbering and majestic. She grabbed hold of Ryan's shoulders and took off.OOC: Konuju has temporary control of Meryl.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Ryan watched the ground rapidly shrink beneath him as Meryl ascended the outside of the tower, each beat of her wings bringing them closer to Hayes. Looking around the city, he saw the many citizens evacuating.

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew Meryl slightly off course. "Careful," Ryan warned the Volcarona. "The wind is a lot stronger up here."

Ellen struggled against her bonds again, but to no avail. "I guess there's nothing left to do but wait for the rest of our group to save us," she said. "That's why you kidnapped us, right? To lure the others here?"

Edited by Konuju

The answer had become clear, as they'd have to walk, and Orange hopped off first, and ran up the stairs quickly, a scowl on his face, even as he gripped Byakuya and Blade's pokeballs; ready to release them the moment he got to the top floor, where the others were...

Edited by An/A Blade

Orange simply frowned, intent on succeeding in this, even as they dashed up the stairs, Orange skipping multiple stairs in an attempt to get up to the top floor faster.

"Come on..." Orange muttered to himself, as he noticed the door to the top floor coming into sight...

Edited by An/A Blade

Meryl struggled against the strong winds as they approached the top of the tower. "Alright, here we are," Ryan said. "Can you blast us a way in?" The Volcarona nodded and with a flap of its wings sent several bursts of fire at the side of the building. The Liberty trainer reached for Quil's Pokeball, ready for anything...

Edited by Konuju

OOC: I wasn't aware that Orange and Evan were part hedgehog...But seriously, already at the top floor by running, Blade? Already? Really? It's only been a few posts since you started up the stairs. Have some conversational interaction or something--I've got more stuff to continue. X3IC - Ryan - Coeur Tower: Ryan and Meryl had flown high enough to come into contact with Hayes's psychic barrier. As a result, the fire was deflected. They would have to go down--about to the middle of the building--in order to get in.As for Orange and Evan... Considering how long OOCly they had been running, they should logically only have gotten about a quarter of the way up--not to the top of the skyscraper.IC - Hayes/Sonja - Coeur Tower: "Lure?" Hayes said. She closed another panel. There was only one left to finish. "No. I gave them incentive to hurry up. There's a difference."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Hahaha, nice. xD

Seriously, though, sorry about that, I didn't realize you wanted more time to prepare. My mistake. I can fix that. =P

Orange burst through the door, and growled.

"Stop right there!" Orange said, and then paused, as a bead of sweat ran down his face, as he simply noticed a startled janitor standing there.

"Don't hurt me!" The janitor cried out and Orange blinked.

"... Isn't this the top floor?" Orange asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow, as the janitor shook his head.

"No! It's further up! Don't hurt me!" The janitor yelled out, and Orange sighed, and slapped a palm to his face.

"Come on; we don't have time to waste." Orange motioned to Evan, even as he ran toward the next set of stairs.

OOC: Think we should just go by at the speed of elevators? =P

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: EvanEvan facepalmed and continued climbing up the stairs, his pace steady and reserved. He was not sure what was going to occur at the top of this tower, so he needed to conserve his energy."I know we don't.", Evan growled, "But if we hurry too fast, we'll be caught unawares by that woman."

"The only one who will be caught unaware, is her." Orange stated flatly, even as he dashed up the stairs quickly, hoping that it wasn't too much further up...

OOC: How many floors are there anyway, Parugi?

Edited by An/A Blade

"What?" Ryan frowned as the fire was deflected from the tower. "That must be one tough building. Try attacking again." Meryl sent out another spurt of fire. This time, Ryan saw the flames bounce off before they even hit the building, scattering like fireworks. "Of course," he muttered. "This 'bruja' is a psychic. There's no way she'd make it this easy for us. Alright, Meryl, we're gonna have to go down and keep blasting at the tower to see where this psychic barrier ends."

The Volcarona quickly descended, unleashing bursts of fire every few floors. It wasn't until they were about halfway down the building that the fire actually hit, burning a substantial hole in the wall. Meryl swooped into the building, depositing Ryan in what appeared to be an empty conference room. With another flap of her wings, the Volcarona flew out of the building, back to Regis.

Part of Ryan wanted to immediately start climbing up to the top of the tower, but he knew it was best to wait for Regis. Instead, he sent out Misdreavus. "Scout ahead and try to find the nearest stairwell," he told the ghost Pokemon.

"But you still want them to come up here," Ellen said, confused. "It's like you want them to try and stop you. Why?"

Edited by Konuju

IC: Evan Tierra"Hold on a second.", Evan said, looking a bit tired out, "Lemme get something to drink. All of this climbing is making me thirsty."Spotting a nearby vending machine, Evan put some money into it and out came two cans of lemonade.Opening one of them and getting ready to drink up, Evan said, "Cheers!"After finishing the can of Lemonade, Evan tossed it into the trash and continued the journey up the stairs....

= Regis / Castelia, Coeur Tower =A moment after Misdreavus disappeared, Meryl swooped through the window once more, depositing Regis on the ground. He recalled her and sent out Erasmus the Swampert, who instantly went into a defensive posture, sensing danger. "I saw you had some friends earlier," said Regis to Ryan, "should we wait for them?"

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

"I just sent my Misdreavus to find the stairs," Ryan said. As much as he just wanted to get to the top of the tower as soon as possible, he knew that they would have more power in numbers. "This woman is powerful enough to create a psychic barrier around half the building... I say we get to the stairs and try to meet the others there."

Just then, Ryan felt a tug on the back of his hair. With a small yelp, he whirled around. Misdreavus had returned. "How many times do I have to tell you, don't sneak up on me like that!" Ryan cried. The little ghost Pokemon only giggled. "So did you find the stairwell?" Misdreavus quickly turned serious and nodded, leading the way for the two trainers.

Edited by Konuju

Orange nodded in thanks, and finished the can of lemonade, before taking off up the next set of stairs.

OOC: For fun, have Ryan and Regis actually begin to go down the first couple stairs when you get to the staircase. =P

Edited by An/A Blade

Ryan and Regis followed Misdreavus through a number of hallways before finally emerging in a stairwell. "I can't just stand around waiting for the others," Ryan sighed, pacing back and forth impatiently. "Meryl flew pretty fast, so they're probably still below us." Without waiting for an answer from Regis, the Liberty Agent began to descend the stairs in search of Orange and Evan.

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Heh. =P

Orange, however, at that moment, as dashing up the stairs about two at a time... And unfortunately, that meant he couldn't stop very well when he noticed Ryan suddenly come into sight; and slammed right into him, not stopping either, as he tripped, and rolled right across the room, slamming into the wall on the opposite side of the room.

"... Ow."

Edited by An/A Blade