Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC - Kyle - Coeur Tower: The tower finally came into view. Kyle stopped short on the other side of the street, looking up at the sheer height of the skyscraper. Regaining his bearings, he crossed the eerily empty street, entering through the hole that Gnip had torn through the front wall, and immediately headed to the nearest stairwell, beginning his slow climb upward...IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: "Because I know they can't," Hayes said. "And I want a challenge--even if I know I'm going to crush it. They want to stop me, they're free to try--no reason to stop them." She looked at Ellen. "Besides, your presence here makes things... interesting."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Orange==-

Orange muttered, as he slowly stood up, nodded to Ryan, and then ran toward the stairs heading up the tower once more, as he wanted to get to the top as soon as he could; he was going to defeat Maddison; no matter what.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Ryan
Ryan blinked. Why was he staring at the ceiling lights? Sitting up, he saw Orange get up and continue running up the stairs. "So that's where he was..." he muttered, rubbing his head. "If that kid had his way, he'd rescue Sonja and Ellen, defeat Hayes, and stop the bombs all by himself," Ryan rolled his eyes as he watched Orange disappear around the corner. Nodding at Regis, he began to climb the stairs himself, trying to catch up to Orange.

IC: Ellen
"Interesting?" Ellen repeated. "How so?"

Edited by Konuju

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC - Hayes/Sonja - Coeur Tower: "There are a number of reasons I say that," Hayes said, closing the final panel. She set down her tools, standing up and flexing her arm. Turning, she started pacing, waiting for Evan and the others to arrive. "I don't actually converse with civilians often; my job doesn't allow it. It's an interesting luxury..."She sat down on a crate, looking at Ellen and Sonja, who by now had stopped her tears. She was now staring, almost dreamily, at a wall while Hayes and Ellen spoke."And then there are the possibilities for what will happen when they do get here. Which will they do first--stop me, and then save you? Or will they attempt to take out the bomb first, and then subdue me? Perhaps they will free you first, attack me, leaving the bomb to go off freely... So many possibilites." She twirled her ponytail. "And then, as I said, there's simply... you. Ellen. You have potential, little one--the same potential that Ford felt in me when we first met."Hayes smiled. "Who knows--once this is all over, assuming you survive, perhaps Ford will find it beneficial to speak to you personally. I think you'd find him quite amiable."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: it's been a day of no gavin...TIME FOR SHADOWS!IC: Shadows The darkrai quickly hid in Zac's shadow in order to not draw to much attention to himself, people might think he is evil or the one who kidnapped the kids...

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: By the way if I used my still yet unused 2-year reward on TM's how many could I get?

IC: Tristan stood resolutely in place as Jamie looked towards their opponets.

We will not make the same mistakes as last time.

Jamie and Tristan thought almost simultaneously their thoughts in increased sync due to telepathy.

Tristan began walking rather slowly towards Ceris with one of his legs starting to glow with power during this steady march.

Edited by Claus Von Minun the 4th

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

OOC: Woops--my apologies; I knew I was forgetting something. XPMinun: A few. Two or threeish? :PIC - Gavin Braner - Pokemon Center: Gavin looked up as Chaz and Zac arrived. He stared at them for a moment. "Yes?"IC - Kyle Eston - Lavender Town: Kyle paused on the stairwell, about ten floors up at this point. He panted slightly, stooping over to catch his breath.I really need to start running laps or something... he thought. Sighing, he pushed onward, continuing toward the top of the tower.IC - Ethan Worth - Rustboro Base: Ceris merely kept an eye on Tristan, steadily moving back as the Metagross approached.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Zac"Anything we can do to help before I leave, I'm thinking of returning to Unova," he said walking up to Gavin,"Is the kid alright?"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Evan TierraEvan continued to run up the stairs, regarding the newcomers."I think a little music is required for this." Evan said to himselfClearing his throat, Evan started to hum what seemed like a patriotic song softly under his breath.OOC: For the general tone, I suggest listening to the song "Flag" From the Big O. :P

OOC: :music: Hm... you and I have very different ideas of the general tone here. :P

I thought the tone would be a bit more... desperate. Sure, we're getting ready to heroically rescue Sonja and Ellen, but this is Maddison Hayes we're up against. Not to mention the bomb threat. I would have chosen something you would hear towards the end of an action movie, but that's just me. :shrugs:

Ryan nodded as Evan caught up to him. So much running... he sighed as he continued to race up the stairs, trying not to think about how tired he was getting. Is Hayes planning to wear us out before we even get to her?

"What's so special about me?" Ellen asked curiously. "I'm just an ordinary girl from Village Bridge. I'm not even that good at Pokemon battles; the others in our group are much more experienced."

Edited by Konuju

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

OOC: I myself think Deep Night from Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor would work; fast paced music fitting for a huge boss battle. =P

Orange grimly frowned, even as he dashed up the stairs, starting to pant, but figuring that he could handle fighting even after this.

I'll need to rely on the Pokemon more, but... Orange thought, already planning on how to handle this, as he readied two Pokeballs in his hand; Blade's Pokeball, and Byakuya's. The same ones as he was planning to send out earlier, yes, but he needed to work on this as soon as possible, if he was going to work this correctly.

OOC: I say all of the above. None of us have a Poliwrath, correct? =P

Hayes never factored in multi-tasking, or the sheer number of people coming to help. =P

Edited by An/A Blade

OOC: I have actually got a wondrous idea for what the Hayes battle theme will be. :P Plus, regarding how out of place that seems, this is Evan we are talking about. :PIC: Evan Tierra"Let victory hurry to our manly tone..." Evan said under his breath, finishing his humming.Noting how tired and desperate Ryan looked, Evan said, "I am kind of glad you came along, sir. You were correct. When I first faced this woman, she took me down easily, despite having Landorus and the others on my side. Now things will be different. We WILL win this fight."

Edited by Hades

IC - Gavin Braner - Lavender Town: "He'll live," Gavin said, glancing back at the Pokemon Center. "By the sounds of it, everything is okay around here at this point. So you can do... you know, whatever."IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: "It's difficult to describe," Hayes said. "Certain people have a special calling. Ford has a knack for finding them. It's something he has trained me to pick up on. I can't say much beyond that."OOC: A'ight, at this point I have no qualms with you getting up to the top floor.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: ZacZac pondered for a moment and then an idea came I his mind, and his face lit up, "Hey how about you and Chaz come along to Unova with me? I mean if you been there that's fun but, I mean you can get a break from what been going here,"

Orange dashed up what he hoped were the final two steps, even as he panted and had likely far outpaced the others, and burst through the door, even as he sent out Blade and Byakuya quickly.

"... Am I late?" Orange asked with a slight smirk, as he glared ahead toward Maddison, and then attempted to dash forward, even as he threw Zangetsu and Rukia's Pokeballs as well.

Edited by An/A Blade

OOC: Getting to the top floor. :PIC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: If Hayes had planted her bomb in the hallway immediately at the top of the stairwell, she would have looked over at Orange as he pushed through the door.As things stood, she had not. She was in the large, lobby-like area in the very center of the floor, a large room that bissected the two halves of the top floor into a series of hallways and offices. Windows lined the north and south sides of the lobby, while the rest was filled with chairs, desks, and doors leading out of it, as well as an entrance for the central elevator.She did, however, look over at the south-west corner as she sensed Orange's arrival. Standing up, she motioned for Bronzong to keep guard over the two girls, grabbing another Pokeball as she watched the door that they would inevitably enter from.IC - Gavin Braner - Lavender Town: Gavin considered this, though shook his head. "No thanks," he said. "There are other things I want to get done in Kanto before I leave. Maybe I'll see you there in the future."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Evan TierraEvan had nowe started running up the stairs, getting the feeling that he was close to the top floor. Grabbing Gnip and Lazengann's poke balls, he saw the door at the end of these stairs was open and saw Orange looking a bit tired and smirking at nothing."She's not here.", Evan said in a sort of annoyed tone, sending out Gnip, "We'll have to look for her on this floor. I suggest we stay together to prevent trouble. "

Edited by Hades

IC: Zac"I understand," Zac said, "especially after this hypno incident, how about you Chaz? Or you planning to stick with Gavin?"

IC: Lavender Town"I have some things to do around Kanto. But maybe in the future."I still have to find out if any of my family or friends are still alive. It has been 22 years! But only a few days for me. But who do I go to? Maybe I'll just start by returning to Saffron City... He thought to himself."Gavin can you handle this? Or would you like my help?"

IC: Zac"Alrighty, do you know where a cruise ship or something is in Kanto?" he asked them, specifically Gavin, "I used to be here when I was a kid, but only at my Grandpa's gym when we visited,"

IC - Gavin Braner - Lavender Town: "Vermillion City is Kanto's port-town; try going there," Gavin suggested. He looked at Chaz. "It... doesn't matter to me. I honestly don't know what all I'm going to actually find around the region..."IC - Kyle Eston - Coeur Tower: Kyle had arrived at the half-way point, where he came to a brief stop again. He leaned against the wall, sliding down and laying against it, one hand on his chest. His eyes were closed as he panted, looking up at the barely-lit ceiling.Didn't think that shot had done so much damage... he thought, recalling the sniper attack that had occurred on Four Island. Though a few weeks asleep didn't help, either...He pushed himself up, forcing his legs to continue moving. Not long now...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: ZacZac geustured his hand out to Gavin, "alright thanks, tell me when you need help," he said, and then he saw a Xatu fly over head and landed near Zac with a package. Zac got te package and the xatu flew off, "from last Destiny, To Zac," he opened it and it was the destiny knot scarf she had made for Bladesman, "Alright! Bladesman come out!"

"Good idea," Ryan agreed with Evan as he sent out Quil. He peered down the hallway cautiously, resting a hand on Entei's Pokeball should the Legendary Beast be needed.

Ellen knew something was up when Hayes turned her attention to one of the doors. "The others must be on their way," she whispered to Sonja.

Edited by Konuju

Orange muttered under his breath.

"This really needs to have a better layout..." Orange sighed, as he moved forward, glancing around the hallways, even as he readied himself, kicking open every second door, hoping the others would do something similar.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Evan TierraEvan decided to just calmly walk and check every door Orange skipped. Gnip followed him, snarling in between breathing small clouds of flame."Easy girl.", Evan said, petting his Garchomp on the head, "We'll get her. We have to."

Orange growled, after he kicked the tenth door in.

"Where is she...?" Orange said, not losing hope, as they had to be somewhere on the floor, but where was the only question.

Edited by An/A Blade

Ryan had Misdreavus float ahead to subtly check more rooms by floating through the doors. However, every time the small ghost would pop back out, shaking her head to indicate the room was empty.

Edited by Konuju

IC - Sonja/Hayes - Coeur Tower: Sonja didn't say anything to Ellen. She was still staring straight at the floor, lost in thought. Hayes stood up from where she sat, slowly moving to the nearby windows, her arms crossed as she waited for her opponents to arrive."Sophia," Sonja said after a moment, her quiet voice just barely audible in the silence. "You've been gone the past fifteen years...""I guess I have," Hayes said absentmindedly. "What about it?""Do you know that mom and dad were killed?" Sonja asked her, looking at the back of Haye's head. "By Team Plasma?"Hayes was silent for a moment. "Yes," she said, not looking at Ellen and Sonja. "I'm aware..." She raised a hand, psychically opening a series of doors--loudly.In the hallway that Orange and co. were at, a door slammed open nearby, leading into a room with another open door, and so on...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Orange's head snapped toward the open door, and frowned.

"A trap maybe...? Either way, we have to go." Orange said, and shrugged, as he ran toward the door, and then ran down the hallway, hoping this lead directly to Hayes.

Edited by An/A Blade

Already apprehensive about the coming battle, Ryan jumped when the door slammed open right next to him. "Geez, that scared me half to death!" he cried. He sighed as he watched Orange race through the open door. "He's always the first to leap into action, huh? Well, I can't say I blame him." With a shrug, Ryan followed Orange down the new hallway, with Quil and Misdreavus trailing right behind him.

Ellen felt her heart skip a beat when she heard the slamming doors echo throughout the floor. For a moment she had feared that Hayes had psychically detonated the bomb. She's leading the others here, she realized. Things are about to get ugly. This 'bruja' is confident she'll win, but we have the advantage in numbers. Plus, we've got about half a dozen Legendary Pokemon, including the great Landorus, on our side.

Edited by Konuju

OOC: ... Oh. Hmm. That's not good; I just remembered Zach has Raikou. ... That means we only have about... 2 Legends. ... This didn't get planned out very well. xD

Orange ran down the hallway; only one thing on his mind: That he had to save the others; one in particular, of course, but definitely both of them. The meanwhile, he'd help deal with Maddison, and maybe even try to disarm the bomb, if there was even enough time for that.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Evan Tierra"All right girl.", Evan said, as he followed Ryan and Orange, " We've got a witch to take down!"With that, Evan sent out Landorus as well. The mighty Abundance pokemon floated near Evan, asking him, "Are you ready for this fight? The last time you fought her, you lost utterly. You may have aid, but it may not be enough."Evan sighed and said, "Yeah. But, I think we'll be just fine. Now let's go."Evan then ran through all the open doors, Landorus and Gnip following him....

OOC: Ryan has Entei (non-shiny, the one my group found in Hoenn's desert way back when) and I'm pretty sure Orange has Shiny Entei, so with Evan's Landorus, we have 3 Legends. But Kyle is on his way with Shiny Suicune, and I think Sonja still has Sheik (of course, we would probably have to save Sonja before she could send out Sheik) so that makes 4 or 5.

As Ryan raced down the hall, he wondered how they were supposed to rescue Sonja and Ellen, disarm the bomb, and stop Hayes all at the same time. But even if they managed to do all that, Hayes still had several other bombs planted around the city. There was no way they could disarm all of them in time.

Pushing the thought from his mind, Ryan continued to run after Orange.

Edited by Konuju

OOC: Oooh, I thought you meant Shiny Entei. My bad, then that's three, four if Sonja's rescued. Shiny Suicune disappeared, remember? Kyle's panicking over that, aside from forcing himself to get to the top of the tower. =P

And now to change things up.

-==IC: Zach==-

Zach, N, and Burgh were currently flying on Kyurem, toward Nimbasa City, however, N frowned.

"I don't think we should go right into the city." N said, and Zach looked at him, a curious look on his face.

"Why not?" Zach asked, and N motioned to what they could see of the amusement park; it was still a mess, not as big of one as when the ferris wheel had initially been broken, but still nothing good.

"We'd attract too much attention. We should set down in Route 4, and then make our way to Nimbasa City on foot." N explained, and then paused. "Plus, I should probably get back to Castelia, to see if there's anything I can do."

Edited by An/A Blade

OOC: Oh, right. I forgot about Shiny Suicune. By the way, Parugi, can we get to Hayes now? I'm starting to get a little tired of all this running. :P

OOC: Woops... I thought I had already said you guys could--that's why I opened the doors, cause you guys were taking so long. XP Yeah, go ahead.IC - Kyle Eston - Coeur Tower: Kyle had, by now, arrived at the eightieth floor. So close to the top now, he didn't stop for breath, continuing his run up the last twenty flights of stairs.As he moved upward, he couldn't help but let his mind wander back to Suicune, wondering again where she had disappeared to. She had been with him when he had lost to the psychic woman; at what point had she left, and where had she gone?Assuming he survived this... well, finding her would be his first priority.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Orange panted, as he ran through the halls, and then noticed an open door, and could see a glimpse of Sonja through the door.

"Go on ahead." Orange said to his Pokemon, as they dashed through the doors first, preparing attacks even as they looked around for where their target was.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC - Hayes - Coeur Tower: As Orange's Pokemon arrived, Hayes was standing in the middle of the room, her arms crossed and staring coldly at the door that had come through. She didn't move as they entered."You're finally here," she said. "Good. I've been waiting."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

"Sorry I'm late." Orange said with a smirk, as he walked in. "Byakuya, Faint Attack, Rukia, Ice Beam, Blade, Psycho Cut on the ropes, and Zangetsu, Night Slash." Orange commanded, everyone but Blade targeting the Claydol first and foremost.

Edited by An/A Blade