Bricks By The Bay 2012

Zorrakh

The third annual Bricks by the Bay, a Lego Convention in Santa Clara, California, will be held on March 16-18, with the last day being open to the public. Registration details and other details are on the website. Early bird prices to attend the full convention(up to February 3rd) are $50 for the basic registration and $85 for the deluxe. The price for the public day on the 18th of March is $8 (children 2 and under free).I am the Bionicle/Hero Factory Coordinator, so if you're interested in talking about mailing some MOCs in to have on display you can PM me and we can work something out.Last year was great, and myself, Waffles, and Flying Mummy had a good time, as I'm sure they can attest to. I've got pictures from last year floating around somewhere, so I'll see if I can get those uploaded.If you have any questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer them. :)

Edited by Zorrakh

Being an dweller of the east coast, I generally disregard conventions out west - except for this year. But Bricks by the Bay is too early, since late May and early June is when I'll be going out with my family across the United States all the way out to San Francisco.But hey, this topic is as good a place to ask as any - are there any LEGO conventions anywhere on the west coast at the time I mentioned?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It sounds delightful, but alas, school makes it very unlikely indeed that I'll be able to go. :(~B~

I'm sorry to hear that. We will eventually meet, however. :P

Being an dweller of the east coast, I generally disregard conventions out west - except for this year. But Bricks by the Bay is too early, since late May and early June is when I'll be going out with my family across the United States all the way out to San Francisco.But hey, this topic is as good a place to ask as any - are there any LEGO conventions anywhere on the west coast at the time I mentioned?

As far as I know, there aren't any Lego Conventions over here at that time. Most conventions are held at about March in the first half of the year, and about October in the second half of the year.

I'm so close to where this is held that there's really no reason why I shouldn't go. Except that it occurs the weekend before finals :( Even if I could only attend the public day, I feel like it would be a fun experience. I'd especially like to meet some BZP-ers.Question, though: from a Google Earth image it looks like there's a train that runs right by the location. Does anyone know what system that is?

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

But hey, this topic is as good a place to ask as any - are there any LEGO conventions anywhere on the west coast at the time I mentioned?

As far as I know, there aren't any Lego Conventions over here at that time. Most conventions are held at about March in the first half of the year, and about October in the second half of the year.
Cascade Bricks is the first weekend of June in Portland, OR, but admittedly it's a ways away from the Bay Area.I would quite like to attend Bricks by the Bay, but I know I wouldn't be able to afford the tickets or the time to get down there. Regardless, I hope you guys have fun. I remember meeting a few people at conventions last year who wanted a convention in CA, and none of them knew about BbtB So have fun, and get a big crowd at the public showing. :):music:

I think for sure I will be going this year but for the Public showing. Sorry, but I rather save money for the other conventions that happens later in that area. I went last year and met Zorrakh there and it was fun! There was also a steampunk convention next door...

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I think for sure I will be going this year but for the Public showing. Sorry, but I rather save money for the other conventions that happens later in that area. I went last year and met Zorrakh there and it was fun! There was also a steampunk convention next door...

Wait, where were you. I only remember FM, Zor, and me?

Well, I only actually talked with Zorrakh because we were members working on a fan-game. And I was only there for the public showing, I'm cheap, I know *facepalms*I'm not that noticeable in real life anyhoo lol

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."