The Official Minecraft Topic

In case anyone wants to know: 8 stacks of Bone Meal = 3 Diamonds. I just built a Rotary Macerator to grind my bones at high speed, and I'm regularly taking the bone meal back to my Transmutation Tablet to be turned back into Bones (since 3 stacks of bonemeal = 1 stack of bones, which can be macerated into 5 stacks of bonemeal...etc. etc. etc. ). Once I have 64 stacks of bones, and macerate them into 320 stacks of bonemeal, I'm going to convert the lot into EMC and have 90 Diamonds and 15 stacks of Iron. THEN I should be ready to build some decent Energy Collectors and Antimatter Relays and the like. :-DEDIT: Does anyone know how to fix the problem where Technic keeps resetting the achievements? It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying.

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

From what I understand, you have to maintain an internet connection, otherwise it no workies.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IndustrialCraft has the BatBox, which is rather different from the Battery Box. Since the solar panels weren't pictured, I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, so I went with the one that matched the name given.If the thing on the right is the BatBox, then yes, you need the cable placed so it connects to the output slot.
Actually, the thing on the left is the the Batbox, which has been sucessfully recieving input from both the solar panels and the generator underneath. The assembly on the right is a Low-Voltage Transformer running into an MFE unit, which thus far has failed to recieve any power from the devices on the left. Also, I'm definitely not using any components of Red Power, as I've assembled all of my sucessful stuff so far by following the industrialcraft wiki's first steps and wiring tutorials. The problem is, they have no sceenshots accompanying the sections dealing with the MFE unit, and the instructions are vague enough that I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. :rolleyes:

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

So I took a second swim in lava today.I have terrible luck. Also, it's getting annoying replacing my Klein Star and Diamond Pick.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Well, the little copper-colored circle on one side of the MFE is the output, all the other five sides are the input sides. Also, on the LV Transformer, the side with three dots is the input, not the output. You've got the input facing the MFE, which isn't what you want, I think.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, the little copper-colored circle on one side of the MFE is the output, all the other five sides are the input sides. Also, on the LV Transformer, the side with three dots is the input, not the output. You've got the input facing the MFE, which isn't what you want, I think.
That's not what the wiki says. It says that "Medium Voltage current must be wired into the High Voltage face (the 3-dotted one), while Low Voltage current can be wired into any other face."However, I must have not studied the page closely enough, because the sentence right after that one gives me the answer to my question. It says that "by default, the Transformer outputs Low Voltage current. A Redstone signal must be applied to it in order to make it reverse flow, thereby emitting Medium Voltage current from the High Voltage face (the 3-dotted one)."Once I realized what it was saying, all I had to do was attach a standard Minecraft lever to the LV transformer and flick it on, and bam, power began flowing from the Solar panels all the way into the MFE. :)

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Yeah, because the 3-dot face is the one MV current goes into, LV current cannot leave that face unless you apply a redstone current to the transformer.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Just wondering: if I update to 1.3, will the Technic Launcher still work?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

@ DDude: No idea. I'm not EVEN going to mess with it. :PWent on my first major mining expedition today, with my alchemy bag, highest level divining rod, and destruction catalyst. Just went out hunting for pumpkins, since I'll need the jack-o-lanterns to keep my energy collectors running at night (until I have enough Red Matter to upgrade them).I ended up with an alchemy bag FULL of ores and loot, including 29 diamonds and almost that many blocks of Tungsten Ore. :D I am SO macerating that ore, I should have enough EMC now for another Klein Star (which is good, because my Klein Star Zwei is totally full, and I need to empty my antimatter relay before I can upgrade it). Think I'll go for a harvest ring now, so I can massfarm sugarcane and cacti for books and waterproofing, respectively, so I can FINALLY get to serious Thaumcraft research and FINALLY get to that geothermal generator I've been wanting to build since day 1.BTW, I've found two Silverwood trees so far...is there any way to reproduce them? I.E. a way to extract saplings from them? I want at least one near my house so that I don't have to worry so much about Taint, but I'd hate to have to tear them down and risk Tainting the forests I found them in...

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

Don't worry, it'll still work when Minecraft is updated. The Technic launcher is contained in a completely separate folder from the Minecraft one in Appdata.Not sure about the Silverwood...my plan is to use shears to obtain the leaves and logs and rebuild them nearby, until I can do enough research to create Totems of Dawn (or whatever they're called, its been a long time).

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Silverwood trees do not drop saplings. I don't know if cutting them down and building them elsewhere works, but you can't grow them, that's for sure.Be sure to convert your tungsten to EMC, if you don't already. It's only purpose thusfar is being rare and EMC filled.

Edited by Game Master Alex Humva

voidstars.png

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to need a lot of emc for my Alchemical Array, and I just found out Nikolite's use, so I don't feel comfortable destroying it anymore XD

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Honestly the only thing I like about RedPower is Microblocks. Therefore I only use Nikolite for Equivalent Exchange.Silverwood trees can be rebuilt elsewhere, and they will retain their function.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, I recently read about that on the wiki. So now I'm building Silverwood bushes; apparently so long as you have a log and its leaves, you're good, it doesn't have to be perfectly replicated.

voidstars.png

Yep.Meanwhile, I think the structure of Archimedes Base is complete. Next step is to make an Energy Condenser, four Antimatter Relays, and 12 Energy Collectors. Then I can start worrying about making six Medium Voltage Solar Arrays, and then I can put some serious thought into the machines to go with them.Oh, I also need to flatten a patch for the rubber farm. And then I just do some minor landscaping, build the outer wall, and declare it finished.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've completed the Obsidian barrier around my home and have flattened the area within to make room for several more buildings for when I need to make them. Found a large Silverwood tree and harvested it, then rebuilt it as two separate trees back at base.I also returned to where the taint spot is and set up a two-wide cobble barrier around it. Unfortunately, I was unlucky enough that it had spread into a jungle, and I ended up having to destroy half of it before the taint took hold. I'm now working on planting some crystals at my base and getting that item that lets you break off small pieces at a time, so I can begin the process of devising a plan to reduce the ambient taint in the corrupted area.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Meanwhile, I've got my Thaumology room set up, with silverwood bushes around it to absorb the taint being given off. A very effective system actually, I have a high vis level and the taint isn't growing.

voidstars.png

Meanwhile, I've got the beginnings of my core system for Equivalent Exchange. The setup, when complete, will be as follows0C0C0CRCRC0CDC0CRCRC0C0C00=emptyC=Energy CollectorR=Antimatter RelayD=Energy CondenserThe main hurdle to all of this is making enough diamond to get the job done. Right now there's just the Condenser and one Mk.1 Collector. Very slow.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Silverwood trees do not drop saplings. I don't know if cutting them down and building them elsewhere works, but you can't grow them, that's for sure.Be sure to convert your tungsten to EMC, if you don't already. It's only purpose thusfar is being rare and EMC filled.
Stang. Oh, well. :-/ Maybe I'll build a small base out there for thaumaturgy, since the whole area has lots of indicators of high Aura. (I managed to fins some Greatwood Trees, thought they were the second type of Rubber trees before I realized my mistake.Yeah, I'm going to try to macerate it first, though, for double the EMC. :-D
Meanwhile, I've got the beginnings of my core system for Equivalent Exchange. The setup, when complete, will be as follows0C0C0CRCRC0CDC0CRCRC0C0C00=emptyC=Energy CollectorR=Antimatter RelayD=Energy CondenserThe main hurdle to all of this is making enough diamond to get the job done. Right now there's just the Condenser and one Mk.1 Collector. Very slow.
First thing I did upon converting my huge mass of bones to bone meal was to make some Dark Matter and convert my Antimatter Relay and one of my Energy Collectors to to Mk. II. Then I popped my Klein Star in the Antimatter Relay and went off in search of pumpkins (which led to my huge ore haul). My Klein Star is now full, and I have a bunch more EMC waiting in the relay.Also, has anyone else noticed the Technic Pack Wiki seems to be rather outdated? I've found it more helpful to search the individual mods' wikis for stuff. :-/

Oh, I'll probably make some Dark Matter, but I find it easier to make the basic Relays/Collectors first, and then convert them to the higher-tier designs.To ease that process, I'm currently upgrading my first solar array to an LV array, so that the three machines I have so far can work a little bit better. It's a long way, of course, from my eventual goal of six MV arrays, but it's a start.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I'd say turn them into an HV array, but an HV array makes 512 EU. 6 MV arrays would be 128*6, so much more.

voidstars.png

Well, that, and I simply don't need an HV array. Four Macerators on one MV Array with an MFE is fine. Four Furnaces on one MV Array with an MFE is fine. Four Extractors on one MV Array with an MFE is fine. Four Compressors on one MV Array with an MFE is fine. Four Recyclers on one MV Array with an MFE is probably fine. One Mass Fabricator on an MV Array will probably be sufficient.Meanwhile, I've got 4 Energy Collectors. Time, I think, to start upgrading them, and then make the Relays, then upgrade those, and add the last 8 Collectors.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Aren't Recyclers basically just trash bins? Why not burn your excess items to charge up a Klein Star?EDIT: Also, what should I upgrade to Mk. III first, my Antimatter Relay or one of my Energy Collectors?EDIT 2: Never mind, went with the Relay since it's a slightly better deal. One of the ECs will be next. ;-)

Edited by Flipz

The Recycler produces a material called Scrap, which is absolutely essential for proper efficiency when using the Mass Fabricator. Quite apart from that, once I've got my alchemy rig set up, I'll be able to charge Klein Stars quite quickly enough without throwing items into the Relays.Akuna: It's all part of the Technic Pack, a collection of modifications to the game.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Also, you can automate the crafting of scrap into scrap boxes, when you can feed into a dispenser, which give you random items. Usually it's wooden hoes and grass blocks, but I did get a few diamonds here and there.

voidstars.png

Yeah, but given the choice between random items from scrap boxes and definitely Iridium from UU-Matter, I think I'll take the route that requires a Mass Fabricator.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I love Somnia. Ten minutes of constant sleep = a full Mk. III Energy Collector. I'll be upgrading my three Mk. IIs VERY soon, then I'll build a Volcanite Amulet, a Harvest Goddess Band, and a Black Hole Band, in that order.

The Volcanite Amulet was pretty fun when I had it. Really kind of a shame about the incompatibility between Technic 6 worlds and Technic 7.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've been sleeping everytime I have to go AFK, and running in to go back to sleep whenever I can. I have a LOT of EMC now. ^_^ Just set up a pedestal with an alchemical chest and a black hole ring--this should get me enough reeds for book research now. ;-)

I've got a nice amount of EMC generating on its own, now that I've got the first ring of my array complete. Its the crystals that are a problem...I'm going to need to gather more silverwood.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

I downloaded an extension to Equivalent Exchange that gives Thaumcraft stuff EMC values, so thus far I've just been mining and doing the occasional transmutation for crystals when I need to. I do, however, have a farm going, though it grows painfully slow.Currently working on getting an anti-ogre wall set up and my Industrialcraft machines going.

voidstars.png

You can do a lot; basically your only limit is that you only have 100 minutes to play.Take it from me; I've been playing the demo exclusively for the last three or four days, due to not having a way to buy the full game just yet. =)

You can do a lot; basically your only limit is that you only have 100 minutes to play.Take it from me; I've been playing the demo exclusively for the last three or four days, due to not having a way to buy the full game just yet. =)
100 minutes per day? If so, I might arrange something with my parents.

mindeth the cobwebs

No; 100 minutes per world. ;) You can reset it and play again the same day, and you can even continue to walk around.It's not 100 minute evenly either, it gives you maybe a minute extra, but roughly 100 minutes. It's still longer than you'd expect. =P

Of course, there's a lot of stuff you can't do with only 100 minutes per world.Meanwhile, in Technic, my alchemy set-up is complete, and I've currently got two Klein Star Spheres.Here is the screenshot showing the alchemy set-up, as the file size is a little bit too big for posting.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hmmm minecraft looks really fun... but $27 is a lot of money.... but it looks like a good game.... conflictions....A little help? I am trying to download the demo, but it gets stuck on the screen saying "updating minecraft done loading".EDIT: Nevermind, i figured it out

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif